Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #141
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
I would go to another dealer in your area and take a 2ss out for a test drive to see if it is you or your car. As far as the other stuff goes there really is no reason for that stuff to be acceptable and have to just live with it. I don't know how well you know your dealer but some dealers would try that "it's fine" thing until it's out of warranty. Then tell you it needs fixed and will cost you x amount of money. Good luck
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #142
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
no issues with our 2007 either until it was about 3 years old.

it is now 6 model years (7 actual years old) with 60K miles on it and while it runs strong, it has a half dozen issues that have been repetitive for the past 3 years.

mother and brother in laws have 2008 and 2009 respectively and they started with the same issues with the "A" pillar, HVAC, and Headlights after about 2 years.

The plastic is cheap, it gets brittle and then you start having issues. that is a QUALITY problem IMO.

I have a 1995 4runner, purpose built for off-roading, similar issues with the plastic retaining clips and seals, I have actually replaced most of the plastic retaining clips with screws or metal clips.. Doesn't look pretty, but it's a beater for camping so I don't care.
Well there you have it then, we lease them and get a new one every 2 -3 years!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #143
DanCamm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RY
I have a 2011 also. I just went out and looked at my gaps, and they are both tight, about 1/4" when the doors are closed. Can you post a pic? I'd be interested in seeing it. With your carpet, I'm going to agree that this is a "fail". Mine isn't like that. As far as throttle response, mine is a manual, so I can't comment on that.

DanCamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #144
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Sigh, why don't people

The OP has repeatedly said that this is his wife's car and selling it is out of the question, yet half the mutha f*n replies are asking him to sell the car.

"I have a device in my pocket that can access the entirety of knowledge known to man.
I use it to look at pictures of cars and have arguments with strangers."
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #145
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
Sigh, why don't people

The OP has repeatedly said that this is his wife's car and selling it is out of the question, yet half the mutha f*n replies are asking him to sell the car.

I think OP should sell his car.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #146
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
I too think OP should just sell the car.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #147
Chris C
End Of Line.

Drives: 2013 2LT IOM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
I think OP should sell his car.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #148
Dreamin

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My 2 cents from anowner of a 2SS A6 daily driver with 70k miles on it.

First, you did not buy a $40k base line BMW, you bought a $23k Chevy optioned up to $40k. You should expect to not have any major issues with your car but not every Camaro produced is going to be flawless.

Second, you bought a car, not a summer sports car like a Corvette or Porsche. I drove my Camaro to work today on snowy icy roads. The car is designed to be slow and sluggish at low RPM's so people like me can get to work in the winter without putting the car in a ditch. The engine starts to wake up around 3k RPM's and hits high performance at 4-5k RPM's. Run the car in manual mode and get some RPM's behind it and see if you still think its sluggish.

Sounds like you would have been better off buying an LS since you bought the car to look at, not drive.
Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #149
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Shoulda gotta V6.

Well that sucks. You'd think having the top most tier Camaro at the time would've meant a little better build quality but I suppose not. I can just imagine a ZL1 having those problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #150
Dreamin

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
And how many people buy a ZL1 because of the quality of the underside of the trunk lid? The trunk lid is the same on an LS, SS and ZL1 assembled on the same production line. Why would you think your getting something different because of the options you choose?
Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #151
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
My 2 cents from anowner of a 2SS A6 daily driver with 70k miles on it.

First, you did not buy a $40k base line BMW, you bought a $23k Chevy optioned up to $40k. You should expect to not have any major issues with your car but not every Camaro produced is going to be flawless.

Second, you bought a car, not a summer sports car like a Corvette or Porsche. I drove my Camaro to work today on snowy icy roads. The car is designed to be slow and sluggish at low RPM's so people like me can get to work in the winter without putting the car in a ditch. The engine starts to wake up around 3k RPM's and hits high performance at 4-5k RPM's. Run the car in manual mode and get some RPM's behind it and see if you still think its sluggish.

Sounds like you would have been better off buying an LS since you bought the car to look at, not drive.
Well everything in your note was pretty good until the last comment. Believe it or not, many LS owners do buy the car to DRIVE in addition to looking at it. The balance of power and price point of an LS hits a sweet spot for many people irrespective of how much they can afford to spend; optioned out or not. Maybe some of the members bought a Camaro "to look at", but I doubt there are many and I doubt the OP is one.

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #152
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
Get a toyota
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #153
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Well, yeah, in so far as the responsiveness goes. It's a subjective thing so it's natural to compare with the other stuff in the driveway. It's not a "speed" thing; dust this, whatever. It's about tipping in better than halfway, and wondering why it feels like the throttle opened at about half the rate the foot went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
The OP's post sounds more like a comparison to another vehicle IMO. The car should not be sluggish. My L99/Auto 2010 SS would dust my old LS1 Z28 no problem & I've ran against a new 5.0 and my car won. The carpet should fit fine, I know the carpet in my car fits perfect. The door panels for what ever reason do seem to fit differently depending on the car, mine fit nicely up to the dash but I've seen some with 1/4-1/2 inch spacing or a tad more. I would suggest warranty on the two things I mentioned if they bother you that much.
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #154
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
I will look the part number up, and see if I can post the link
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote