Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 02-13-2022, 02:26 PM   #1
Iceintheback

Drives: 15 Commemorative Edition Camaro 2SS
Tuners - Are the canned tunes worth installing?

So, I have a 2015 Commemorative Edition 2SS/RS Camaro with a CAI so far. My understanding is that the manufacturer de-tunes the ECU before the customer buys them. Would it be a safe assumption to say that if I were to purchase a Tuner, and then install a canned tune, it would/could be beneficial and open up the cars true abilities?

I am just not all that up on computerized vehicles as my experience lies in 60's-80's vehicles that did not have computers in them.

My intension is to eventually add some go-fast items later on, and then use the tuner to bring out the most in the cars capabilities. However, until then I'd like to try to get something out of it before I break it down.

Thank you for the input.
Iceintheback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:54 PM   #2
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
Get an SCT from Dyno Steve, he will provide custom tunes for life. I’m very happy with my purchase.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 07:04 PM   #3
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I’ll second Dyno Steve. Did a great job on my tune, as well.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:57 AM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
I wouldn't say the OEM "detunes" the car but there are benefits to tuning. They can increase throttle response and if auto, improve shifting. You aren't going to see a big power increase though.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 06:09 PM   #5
ogdrew

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceintheback View Post
So, I have a 2015 Commemorative Edition 2SS/RS Camaro with a CAI so far. My understanding is that the manufacturer de-tunes the ECU before the customer buys them. Would it be a safe assumption to say that if I were to purchase a Tuner, and then install a canned tune, it would/could be beneficial and open up the cars true abilities?

I am just not all that up on computerized vehicles as my experience lies in 60's-80's vehicles that did not have computers in them.

My intension is to eventually add some go-fast items later on, and then use the tuner to bring out the most in the cars capabilities. However, until then I'd like to try to get something out of it before I break it down.

Thank you for the input.
My SCT was fun, works well, I switched to HPTuners because I started to get into the big HP Numbers.

I have my SCT I used to use for sale if you're interested, multiple companies offer SCT Tuning email, dynosteve is one of them, palm beach dyno is one of them, and jannetty racing is another off the top of my head. My SCT is unlocked and for sale if you're interested in purchasing it and going with a remote tune through one of them, shoot me a dm and I'll hook you up.
ogdrew is offline   Reply With Quote