Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #15
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
this all sounds great...but I've haven't seen where you will be able to pick and choose what options you want.Haven't seen that since the early 70's. Nowadays you just get a couple of trim levels with a few options. You have to take things you don't want to get the things you do want. You want leather, you have to get the trim package that also includes power everything and the CD changer. Everybody know something I don't or have they changed it since 2003?

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Last edited by Txturbo; 06-12-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #16
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
intake, exhaust headers, injectors, pulley down, maybe swap to a big bad twinscrew upgraded fuel will be there too. oh and hi lol
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #17
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
Fandango and gtahvit I agree. I'll be 27 in a few months. I don't have any kids, but I'm also not a kid anymore. Before I would have been just like give me the best. But now I'm to the point that I'm looking at keeping this car for years to come and I still want to be able to drive it when gas is 7 dollars a gallon. If I go all out with mods (not that I don't want to) I'll only be getting about 10-14 miles a gallon. Even though this won't ever be a daily driver for me I have to be economical about the way I choose which trim level I go with. I don't want a Sunday drive to cost me 100 dollars. -DUNK-
Dunk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Depends on what upgrades come with it. If it's just a blower with the same engine as the base v8, I'd get the base and a STS remote location turbo kit. So Yes I will be holding out (for vert anyways), but I will be waiting for info as well.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #19
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I'll be deploying hopefully next year for 8 months. that will pay off my truck and all my other debt and I should have a very nice down payment by the time the top dog comes out. hopefully I'll only finance half of whatever it's worth. but def exhaust will be done and possibly a pulley cai and a tune from my fav shop here in garner nc, RPM. I'll want at least 550 at the wheels but I'd love to have over 600. yep I'm aiming high. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #20
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
ME...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:03 AM   #21
17ac

Drives: none yet
For me it depends one the price of the top dog, (whether it is under 40 or not), and how long after it will come out. If anyone has ANY idea to these two questions please tell me.

When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for the Chevy Camaro.

When pictures of the Chevy Camaro were shown in France, the French surrendered to the Chevy Camaro just to be on the safe side.

Google won't search for Chevy Camaro because it knows you don't find Chevy Camaros. Chevy Camaros find you.

The original title for "Alien vs. Predator" was "Alien vs. Predator vs. Chevy Camaro." It was cancelled in preproduction, because film execs knew no one would pay 9 bucks to see a movie 14 seconds long.
17ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:06 AM   #22
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Emher, I don't know if you driven a supercharged car or not. I would HIGHLY recommend you test drive the blown version if you can... Just to be sure you don't like it... My guess is it will be a very lasting impression.

Not to start a blown vs turbo fight. But supercharges "feel" very different than turbos do when behind the wheel.
The cars I have driven are my Saab with it's 2.0t 4 cylinder, Some Focuses (not by choice), some vans and my buddies Audi A6 wagon. So that would be no to your question, lol! And yes I'll be sure to testdrive both if I haven't bought one by the point the supercharged comes out. I'm not the kind of guy that doesn't think a purchase trough, especially this big a purchase.

In any case going up to 8 cylinders from 4 from my Saab will be VERY different.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #23
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
Give me the biggest, baddest, nastiest, evil motor that GM cn throw into our beloved Camaro with a 6-speed manual tranny. Make my Camaro black with black leather interior. I'm going to tint my windows limo black. Put me some nice and fat tires on some chrome rims, change the exhaust, do a pulley swap, gear swap, CAI, tune, and eventually heads and cam. I'm looking for something like 600-700 rwhp. I want to be heard from nearly 2 miles away.
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #24
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
See I'm having a crisis. I want the super-charged Camaro worse than anything. I'll wait for it to come out. However, I love the way the V8 looked going around the track at Nurenburg(if that was the V8). I just like to get the best deal. According to some rumor, and I hate speculation, it seems that the SC V8 will not have AFM. The standard V8 will giving me a little more room to breath with the gas prices and I pray that some can be done about gas prices by the time this car is released or there will won't be much talk about owning a SC Camaro. With my Current income I'll be fine owning the SC V8 Camaro. But, if gas prices go up even more, I don't think I'll be getting the Top Dog. I'm really down about gas prices. Most guys in here at on average of 10 years younger than me. That puts you guys at about 19 to 21 years old. I've got a wife, kid, and mortgage. Every dollar counts. I'll be 30 when this car comes out. I want that SC V8! I thought I had this economy thing figured out. I need a pep talk guys!
Im not trying to slip a bee in your bonnet,but when i was at the Dallas auto show i learned a little nugget of info which may be the same for the Camaro.The G8 GXP will not have AFM,so theres a chance that the regular LS3 in the camaro will not have it either.Maybe if they have a baby v8 like in the regular G8,but i dont think it will be in the LS versions.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I've alway done the aftermarket when it comes to performance parts. But I may keep this one all GM if I can get the numbers I want. Isn't GMPP stuff typically more expensive???
I think they were more expensive some time ago, but I think the prices are becoming competitive. If the price is right, and it's comparable to aftermarket parts, all throw them into the financing. I'm sure there will be some wiggle room regarding the price of these parts if you order them with the car and negotiate hard. I know there wasn't a lot of markup back in the day I worked at the dealership though, so I'm not expecting to be able to haggle too much.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #26
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
This will be my 35th birthday present to myself.. woohoo Midlife Crisis..If you're going insane at least enjoy the ride.

If its at or below 40 for a S/C version I'll be looking to put one in my driveway.

Well I really had to add the song.. didn't I?

Last edited by Mythic; 06-14-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I think they were more expensive some time ago, but I think the prices are becoming competitive. If the price is right, and it's comparable to aftermarket parts, all throw them into the financing. I'm sure there will be some wiggle room regarding the price of these parts if you order them with the car and negotiate hard. I know there wasn't a lot of markup back in the day I worked at the dealership though, so I'm not expecting to be able to haggle too much.
How cool would that be to add that stuff right into the loan!!!

If we can do that then GMPP all the way. Then I'm just left with a pulley and a tune. Unless you think GMPP would sell a pulley???
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:43 AM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'd hold out if I could....but don't think it'll be in my price range.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote