Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #225
Rock It

Drives: '12 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moE_09 View Post
Idk if this has been asked yet BUT. What if i was to calibrate the remote. And left the pedal up at the "0" but then I only pushed it say halfway and made the controller think that was a "100". Anybody try that?
my experience so far is that at stop lights or "other traffic" conditions, you are going to get more power than you want a little too fast. i have learned now that barely pressing down has great effect even on a setting of "3". now that i have driven a couple hundred miles with it and the ecu has learned this new device, it will downshift to lower gear faster and if i really get on it, it will drop 2 gears... immediatly. so i am thinking that if you went 1/2 way to make 100%, it is going to downshift when all you want is to go a little faster.

Last edited by Rock It; 10-23-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Rock It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #226
Stecky

Drives: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
I just got mine today. It does work, but it didn't display the same info when I ran the set up procedure. When I pressed A the Second time for the high vale, it displayed (see) instead of 100.

Did I get the max setting?

So has anyone seen it display "see"
Stecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #227
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
By moving the 100% set point closer to the 0% set point, you're just shortening the length of the ramp without changing the height of it. That means you're gonna climb the ramp a lot faster. You'd just be losing resolution (the ability to finely choose an intermediate throttle percentage). If you take it to the extreme and set the 100% set point at 1/4" pedal travel, you're basically going to have an on/off switch.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #228
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
By moving the 100% set point closer to the 0% set point, you're just shortening the length of the ramp without changing the height of it. That means you're gonna climb the ramp a lot faster. You'd just be losing resolution (the ability to finely choose an intermediate throttle percentage). If you take it to the extreme and set the 100% set point at 1/4" pedal travel, you're basically going to have an on/off switch.
HAha so basically if you can hook you should do this on the track .. Kinda wanna try it sounds like fun
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #229
snymat68

It's all fun and games till everything breaks! lol
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #230
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
It's all fun and games till everything breaks! lol
I'll take it to the dealer when it breaks and they'll tell me it's normal
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #231
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
I'll take it to the dealer when it breaks and they'll tell me it's normal
So true
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #232
Stecky

Quote:
I never said I tried to trick the set point.
What happen is when I pushed to pedal all the way up, the unit did not display 100. I displayed the letters (SEE) instead 100.

You guys distorted what I said. I was looking for help for install this properly, not to fool the system
Old 10-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #233
snymat68

Quote:
Idk if this has been asked yet BUT. What if i was to calibrate the remote. And left the pedal up at the "0" but then I only pushed it say halfway and made the controller think that was a "100". Anybody try that?
stecky, my post was in response to this post, not yours. Sorry for any confusion.
Aesthetic Mods
Old 10-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #234
Stecky

Quote:
stecky, my post was in response to this post, not yours. Sorry for any confusion.
Can you help?
Did I run the set wrong?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #235
snymat68

Sorry. Maybe someone else can help you. I don't yet have one of these controllers.
Aesthetic Mods
Old 10-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #236
Stecky

Quote:
Sorry. Maybe someone else can help you. I don't yet have one of these controllers.
No sweat, I'll Contact Vitesse.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #237
goldcoastmat

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS convertable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
No sweat, I'll Contact Vitesse.
this would be my suggestion, I've had mine a while already and I've been following the (many) threads on it watching to see if anyone got an error/complaint. Other than the one asshat who trashed it and refused to buy one to check it out this is the first possibly negative thing I've heard about them.

Mods list to long to fit in sig now lol

Check build thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377507
goldcoastmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #238
Stecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcoastmat View Post
this would be my suggestion, I've had mine a while already and I've been following the (many) threads on it watching to see if anyone got an error/complaint. Other than the one asshat who trashed it and refused to buy one to check it out this is the first possibly negative thing I've heard about them.
I was not intending to sound negative. It does work great. I was just making sure I installed it right, and didn't f anything up. I am keeping it. I love it. I think my number is 8 or 9.

Dig it