Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-16-2022, 07:04 AM   #1
gen6_1ss

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin Metallic 1LE
Cold Air Inductions Chevy Intake

I have the CAI Chevy intake installed on my car, and I had the dealer do the MAF tune/flash. My question is I am going to be trading the car in on a new 1LE so can I take the intake off the old car and put the stock one back on without throwing a code because of the MAF tune? Or should I just leave the intake on and call it a day? Any guidance will be apricated.

Thanks
gen6_1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:32 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
What is the goal? To trade the car with stock airbox and resell the GM CAI separately? If so, the market may be limited since no one can get the tune anymore.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:38 AM   #3
gen6_1ss

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin Metallic 1LE
The goal was just information. Should I just leave it on the car when I trade in or put it on the new one without the MAF flash. Or maybe sell it since the regular CAI intake doesn't need a flash and not install one on the new car. Just wanted opinions.
gen6_1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 09:44 AM   #4
Replica

Drives: 1985 IROC-Z, 2022 LT1
So, the issue with taking it back off the first car is the intake tune gets permanently tied to that vin with the authorization slip inside the package.

If you took it off you can't get the tune for another car with that intake unless you found another unused slip somewhere.

I would probably leave it on that car when you trade it in.

If you take the intake off and put the stock airbox back, it will have to be retuned anyway to the stock tune as now it is expecting air that it isn't getting.

So TLDR yes removing it would almost surely throw a code unless it was retuned back to stock.
Replica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:24 PM   #5
psteelejr8

Drives: '17 M6 2SS Vert Hyper Blue/Kalahari
Sell it......to me lol
psteelejr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:09 PM   #6
Brewmaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6_1ss View Post
I have the CAI Chevy intake installed on my car, and I had the dealer do the MAF tune/flash. My question is I am going to be trading the car in on a new 1LE so can I take the intake off the old car and put the stock one back on without throwing a code because of the MAF tune? Or should I just leave the intake on and call it a day? Any guidance will be apricated.

Thanks
I have this and the tune on my car now. It’s not worth anything to sell, most of the benefit is sound and perception, I would swap intakes with your new car all day. It won’t hurt the old car, and the worst thing that could happen is that your new car may not get the additional fuel or max benefit from the tune you can’t get anyway. If you are serious about the most performance, you would be making more serious changes to the intake, bolt on, tunes, etc and this would be irrelevant.
Brewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote