Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Waltonius

Drives: Dark Grey 2010 Camaro SS
Cylinder Misfire/Service Stabilitrak

So roughly about a year ago I've been having a problem with misfires from my car when accelerating uphill or around turns. If it's a long hill or turn the CEL flashes for a few seconds with a Service Stabilitrak message and then both signals will go away. I just took it to an AutoZone to see if any codes popped up but it came up as all clear. Last month I ended up pulling the head because a valve spring broke and ended up getting the valve bent. I thought maybe a broken valve spring is what was causing the problem the whole time but after getting everything replaced (valve, valve spring, leak test done on the head, polished and resurfaced) the problem is still here. The spark plugs, wires, and coil packs were all replaced less than a year ago when this problem first started to show. Before taking this into a dealership or mechanic and then charging me an arm and leg just for it to be a simple fix I was wondering if anyone else here has any ideas on what may be causing the problem. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. There haven't been any aftermarket changes outside of the plugs wires and packs and it's a 2010 SS. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Waltonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
the scanners at autozone will only read ecm modules and not historical data. i would start by using a better scanner that also reads historical/pending codes

if it sees something and throws a code and it goes away, it normally leaves it pending for a few cycles. you might be able to determine which cylinder(s) is/are the one(s) missing and you can start your diagnosis there

simple stuff

check and compare/swap spk plug, wire, coil, injectors with a cylinder that is not having an issue. problem could be as small as an arcing wire or leaking injector, or a coil that may be arcing due to a crack

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
misfire