Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
So are we done in here?

Lately there hasn't been a lot of posting. Are people moving on to the Gen 6? Are we bored? Cars parked for winter? No wifi? People still mad at Justified's park job?

What gives?
Old 11-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
I've been busy taking parking lessons so haven't had much time for posting. I am now fully capable of parking between 2 lines.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
I've been busy taking parking lessons so haven't had much time for posting. I am now fully capable of parking between 2 lines.
Yes Sir. My man.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Always something new - but there is so much to address for the Z/28 of the actual owners - mods, track prep, top shops in various areas for mods, tunes, exhaust, cages etc.... so much to learn and hearing from what people have done, good and bad helps everyone else and will develop the car and the brand for future value!

I also have a Porsche GT4 - like the Z no longer made, pretty rare and the pages fill up daily with all the things people are doing and all the things the shops are developing for the car. What is failing and issues people are facing.

Was hoping to find a site like that for the Z/28 - so far it seems this one is the closest. So keep the posts and threads coming if you have done anything to your Z/28. That will help all of us learn from what others have already tried and what the liked and what they did not.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
JUSTIFIED

Just for you, Urban Legend, I started a couple of new threads. Pretty sure they won't get near my 5k+ hits on my parking letter, but I'm trying to do my part to support this forum :-)

Actually I wish there were more build/mod threads or who ran at a track, cars they ran against and the outcome. I can't fit with a helmet so must live vicariously through others when it comes to tracking. Let's hear about em boys (and gals if we have any in this forum).
Old 11-25-2016, 08:04 PM   #6
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Ha Ha ....too funny. Great post ! Cars are stored for the winter (ugh)...experiencing depression. On a serious note, it's been interesting to watch the new owners chime in, and how this very rare car and track capable car is being received by the market. I did several track days including Waterford Hills and Gratten Raceway. Going to try Gingerman raceway next year. Love this forum !
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #7
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Currently deployed. My car is stored away at a friends place until my return. I would like to get a few HPDEs under my belt next year, and some autocross. Ill be attending some local car shows, and miggt made the drive up to Loring for a land racing event.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #8
D2M

Drives: Z/28
Far from done here. This is my last session of the year, took a 1LE owner for a ride, all traction is completely off.. As for now as long as the roads are not salted I am out every chance I get. With the cool weather the car makes good power and slides soooo nice..

As for next year.
1. I already have a 2nd set of OEM wheels for track duty

2. New helmet as mine will be out of date.

3. Upgrading to a new lap timer ( AIM Solo )
D2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #9
JUSTIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2M View Post
Far from done here. This is my last session of the year, took a 1LE owner for a ride, all traction is completely off.. As for now as long as the roads are not salted I am out every chance I get. With the cool weather the car makes good power and slides soooo nice..

As for next year.
1. I already have a 2nd set of OEM wheels for track duty

2. New helmet as mine will be out of date.

3. Upgrading to a new lap timer ( AIM Solo )

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-25-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
JUSTIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
Currently deployed. My car is stored away at a friends place until my return. I would like to get a few HPDEs under my belt next year, and some autocross. Ill be attending some local car shows, and miggt made the drive up to Loring for a land racing event.
What branch of the military? Thank you for your service. It's the greatest sacrifice one can make for their country! God bless you and all of our service men and women!
Old 11-25-2016, 11:52 PM   #11
marine02ss

Drives: 2015 Z28
Just ordered headers heart beat on Monday then track January 14 ��
marine02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:27 AM   #12
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Participation here has its ebbs and tides. When I joined the 5th gen was pretty new and there was a lot of excitement from folks wondering about the possibility of new gadgets and trash talking the Transformer movies.
We had a lot of what I call the old timers who were here before the car went into production. Some of those folks had some pretty good stories but a lot of them just moved on and disappeared.
Now I enjoy new folks and new threads like this one. Party on.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:15 AM   #13
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
Just for you, Urban Legend, I started a couple of new threads. Pretty sure they won't get near my 5k+ hits on my parking letter, but I'm trying to do my part to support this forum :-)

Actually I wish there were more build/mod threads or who ran at a track, cars they ran against and the outcome. I can't fit with a helmet so must live vicariously through others when it comes to tracking. Let's hear about em boys (and gals if we have any in this forum).

I noticed. Nothing can touch the "park job" thread.

For me I'm pretty much done with the car. I going to keep driving it, keep it clean but this summer I'm pretty sure It's gone for something else.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #14
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Here is to winning the lottery. Ill corner the Z/28 market, just watch. LoL. But for real, it is the off season, those who race have likely put their beasts to sleep.
I see plenty of tjreads with guys at the track, and other Z/28s present. Heck, someone recently posted about nearly a dozen Zs at the same track.
I propose we add a track thread sticky, not a "fastest" thread, but one with car setups; camber, caster, wheels (oem), tires, PTM mode, driver experience, event length, weather conditions, video. It could help other members see what everyone is doing, and may bring in some new blood. Plenty of Z/28s out there being used as designed, and it would be fantastic to know how well they are performing.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote