Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #57
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
If you had a speed shop you could write it off as advertising ... I wonder how much a speed shop costs?
I like how you think.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #58
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
If you had a speed shop you could write it off as advertising ... I wonder how much a speed shop costs?
I have a speed shop.. too bad I only have 1 customer.. Myself!
That probably won't fly with the tax man..

Pete, you adopting grown 47 year old kids? you can have a good write off with my hobby...

P.S. - I'll work at SEMA for free for ya if you adopt me.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #59
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
I guess while I am at it I can start a car transport company for the new rig.
Actually my Corporation already owns the car, I just cant figure out how to write off the mods. I guess I can always put a bunch of decals on it and call it advertising......Nah
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #60
American Muscle

Drives: #26 Tom Henry Racing 2010 1SS/LS3
awesome car man, can't wait to hook my car up with some suspension, it sounds like it really makes a difference in the car.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #61
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Muscle View Post
awesome car man, can't wait to hook my car up with some suspension, it sounds like it really makes a difference in the car.
great car to GREAT *#@!$*! CAR as fast as you can Pedderise a 5th Gen.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #62
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Give 'Ol Grahm at LPE a call I will bet he can shave quite a bit of the R&D time off of your quest on the computer in this car. The guy really is the genius when it comes to the electronics found in GM cars.
Heat is causing the 'safety' table to kick in. Our turn speed is up 3 MPH per turn and our straight speeds are down 3 to 4 MPH. Due to higher overall engineer compartment heat the IATs are climbing making the first lap the best and for straight line speed as the computer pulls out timing. We have always said that Gingerman is not a RWHP track, but don't like to have one hand tied behind our back either.

There are a number of solutions. We may try wrapping the charge tube from the intercooler or we could run 100 Octane Unleaded Race Fuel and turn off the heat protection tables or use alcohol injection or....

Every time you make something better on the car you find the next weakest link. With our turn speeds up at least 3 MPH over our last year testing on the same tires we should be a lot faster than we are. Right now, we are ONLY 1.5 seconds faster than last years best run -- on a bad set of bars with heat soak kicking in. When we run our next session with good bars and the heat factor corrected -- I am expecting ridiculous numbers and video for the forum.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #63
BowTieDrifter
selling nissan for a 2SS

Drives: 95 Nissan 240sx fully drift prepped
maybe try some remote digital thermometers in the engine bay? on near the opening for the radiator to measure incoming airflow, and one near the firewall to see the difference?
if you see a bing range there, try venting the hood by spacing the hinges. (stack washers between the hood itself and the hinges)
if you really want to vent that sucker use some short rachet sockets and longer bolts for the hood. dont forget to pull the weather seal off the firewall for more flow.

so now back on topic... mws444 that camaro is a bitchin example of what can be done with a 5th gen. LOVE IT. when i get mine, suspension is actually the first thing i plan on attacking. i'll be fine with bolt ons (CAI and decent exhaust with x pipe) since i dont plan on doing much else than cornering/drifting. yes i'll be drifting my camaro.

anyway love your setup, great wheels (size?), very balanced and capable machine you have there. glad you found a nice balance of pedders and pfadt parts. use all at your disposal!
and i hear ya on the camber plates. now you can adjust for camber at BOTH points so you can really dial in some serious camber, if you need it. i would probably get the plates anyway since leaning the wheels in at the clevis reduces wheel clearance and that means less rubber... good call.

sweet, SWEET ride. yours is one of my favorites and if i had it my way you'd be next camaro of the month. (quarter?) time and money spent on the right things, for sure.
BowTieDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #64
mws444

Thanks for the positive feedback....I really love this car even more now!
Here are a few more pics after a wash job.
Attached Images

Last edited by mws444; 06-13-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #65
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieDrifter View Post
maybe try some remote digital thermometers in the engine bay? on near the opening for the radiator to measure incoming airflow, and one near the firewall to see the difference?
if you see a bing range there, try venting the hood by spacing the hinges. (stack washers between the hood itself and the hinges)
if you really want to vent that sucker use some short rachet sockets and longer bolts for the hood. dont forget to pull the weather seal off the firewall for more flow.

so now back on topic... mws444 that camaro is a bitchin example of what can be done with a 5th gen. LOVE IT. when i get mine, suspension is actually the first thing i plan on attacking. i'll be fine with bolt ons (CAI and decent exhaust with x pipe) since i dont plan on doing much else than cornering/drifting. yes i'll be drifting my camaro.

anyway love your setup, great wheels (size?), very balanced and capable machine you have there. glad you found a nice balance of pedders and pfadt parts. use all at your disposal!
and i hear ya on the camber plates. now you can adjust for camber at BOTH points so you can really dial in some serious camber, if you need it. i would probably get the plates anyway since leaning the wheels in at the clevis reduces wheel clearance and that means less rubber... good call.

sweet, SWEET ride. yours is one of my favorites and if i had it my way you'd be next camaro of the month. (quarter?) time and money spent on the right things, for sure.
Thanks!
The front are:
275/40ZR20 Nitto Invos on CCW 20X10 505T
rears:
305/35R-20 104V B Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials on CCW 20X11.5 505T
Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #66
JusticePete

Quote:
i would probably get the plates anyway since leaning the wheels in at the clevis reduces wheel clearance and that means less rubber... good call.
Pedders Xa and Supercar coilovers have an extra 10mm built into the clevis for exactly this reason

Quote:
Old 06-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #67
mws444

Here are some pics from behind the front wheel still have enough extra room.
Pete.....Thanks for some great parts! I shook the car out hard today...WOW! I do so look forward to sme track time!
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #68
BowTieDrifter
selling nissan for a 2SS

Drives: 95 Nissan 240sx fully drift prepped
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Thanks!
The front are:
275/40ZR20 Nitto Invos on CCW 20X10 505T
rears:
305/35R-20 104V B Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials on CCW 20X11.5 505T
EXACTLY the sizes i want for mine! fitment with BAWLS!!! i'd probably go with 265 up front and 295 out back just to make sure i have a little more fender clearance... i plan to tuck the tread.

seriously awesome car man. do you have exact numbers on those wheels? i will most likely order the same ones, maybe in a different finish.

seriously...
BowTieDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #69
mws444

Give John at CCW a call. He is the owner and always willing to help. They also have a website:http://www.ccwheel.com/files/home.php
He can also do prepped for paint.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #70
JusticePete

It looks like you have room for at least 2 more degrees negative!