Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #127
camarokidz28

Drives: 1996 z28
Cool but one little thing, 100k, why not buy a real ZR1?
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #128
gunslinger

Drives: 1998 Z28 M6
So a set of affordable(compared to other cars/kits) carbon ceramic brakes should fit on the 5th gen... Most likely, Hennessy will not be modifying the suspension significantly.

Also, for $109K or even a price of $70K for non-Barrett cars later cars, you could add a set of forged pistons and stronger connecting rods to the LS3 along with a M2300 Magnacharger and save a lot of money. I guess, for me, my hot rod will be put together by me...

There was a dyno done a few years ago of a ~400 CI LSx motor with a M2300 on it that made ~800 ft-lbs at around 2200RPM!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:47 AM   #129
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
oh jesus christ, get over yourself.

as an artist you wont be making it far if your getting upset about something like this.

got some work that is good? dont spread it around without copyrighting it in the first place, if you had... you'd own the design and people couldnt use it.

toughen up, i've been doing 3d work for almost a decade now and something you learn is that people copying or stealing your work doesn't do much for them in the long run.

if they actually copied your work based on your design, be flattered. if they didn't then you lost nothing anyway.
I believe I have the right to me upset. That design wasnt just pen to paper. The design to cued from the demands of the community. Im not stuck on myself for one like you implied. If you read back to the original posting, I was inspired by this forum's members and other forums as well. I listened to the people and created it. It wasnt made in one sitting. It wasnt a job, it was a priveilege to do it. With that said, my heart did go into it.

Regardless of your experience in "3d work", my design is being used on a vehicle that will sell for over $110,000 a unit. I think Hennessey will gain something in the long run. They seem to do just fine ripping people off, then stealing designs; so I think that up to question.

I cant be flattered someone stole my work. Just because its the holy Hennessey, doesnt mean I disregard my principles.

As for post being an insulting one; I think it is. You are not in my shoes. You didnt create the design. And I dont appreciate the E-Thug approach. I dont speak to other people that way, in person or on the internet.

Im going to feel like whatever the situation leads me to feel about the matter. I stated how I feel in the most honest words. Im not going to just be apart of some drool fest over this thing like I cant see my own work in it, and ignore the people who commented on the likiness of the design before I saw the thread.

If Im taking it hard, maybe I need to give it a few days. Right now, Im surprised. And not in a good way.

Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #130
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Looks to be an awesome car, for sure. Now let's see the price tag on it. I'm assuming that horsepower number is at the flywheel, not to the wheels. If it's to the wheels, I might have to go from the 2 7/8" upper pulley on my car to the 2 3/4" one to make sure it stays in my rearview mirror.

I might have to check into one of these.
for the beginning of time mustangs always had issues with camaros and trans ams aint no way in hell is a slow ugly ass mustang will be in the rear veiw mirror of that ford mustake never ever,ever,ever,ever i hate fords the mustang is in hotter water now that the new camaro is on its way and the hennesey camaro????????????????????????????? ford dont have a car to compete with that camaro its to powerful and fast the ford gt was a joke and still is a joke GM 4 Life stop hating on the camaro i hate when people who dont like chevy,GM etc come on this site and display they're jealousy if u dont like US dont sign up on camaro5.com
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #131
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
for the beginning of time mustangs always had issues with camaros and trans ams aint no way in hell is a slow ugly ass mustang will be in the rear veiw mirror of that ford mustake never ever,ever,ever,ever i hate fords the mustang is in hotter water now that the new camaro is on its way and the hennesey camaro????????????????????????????? ford dont have a car to compete with that camaro its to powerful and fast the ford gt was a joke and still is a joke GM 4 Life stop hating on the camaro i hate when people who dont like chevy,GM etc come on this site and display they're jealousy if u dont like US dont sign up on camaro5.com
Punctuation is your friend and maybe you should lay of the coffee/Red Bull for a little while.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #132
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
oh jesus christ, get over yourself.

as an artist you wont be making it far if your getting upset about something like this.

got some work that is good? dont spread it around without copyrighting it in the first place, if you had... you'd own the design and people couldnt use it.

toughen up, i've been doing 3d work for almost a decade now and something you learn is that people copying or stealing your work doesn't do much for them in the long run.

if they actually copied your work based on your design, be flattered. if they didn't then you lost nothing anyway.
Whats Jesus got to do with this?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #133
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #134
oramac0002

Drives: 2000 Camaro
If I had the money I would the Hennessey Camaro. The car looks great and from looking at the numbers it will blow the doors off many other cars.
oramac0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #135
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
I am amazed they never found that guy in a ditch somewhere.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #136
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
That thing might actually run right with the ZR1. If I had the money for either, it would come down to a personal track test for both
It won't. Weight and suspension design>swapping the pulley on a stock LS9 and claiming 705 at the crank.

And John Hennessey will never touch any of my cars.

For 109k, I'll buy a decent condition C5 Z06, throw coils, sways, a forged 427, Tranzilla Jr, 3.90s, StopTechs, ACAs, CCWs, and some Caravaggio interior at it and have something that will run with a ZR1 around the Nordschleife, run 10s on a drag radial, be about as well trimmed inside as my Lexus, and still have enough money left over for, well, a CPO IS250AWD for a daily driver. Kick that down to a Legacy 2.5GT if I spring for a Warhawk instead of an LS7.

Oh wait, that's what I'm going to do anyways.

Last edited by LSxJunkie; 01-10-2009 at 10:48 PM.
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #137
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
And John Hennessey will never touch any of my cars.
+100, That thief shouldn't even be mentioned on this website.

It won't compete with the ZR1. Too many differences. Besides, all that crook is capable of is making power. He couldn't engineer a car to even be on the same level of all around dominance that the ZR1 is. Go with Ligenfelter or Saleen. Then you get your money's worth, it will be completed on time, and your car won't be used for scrap parts while it sits in the shop not being worked on.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #138
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
I'd buy this car in a heart beat, But I want to see what Saleen will put out first. I have a corrispondence going with Steve Saleen and I keep him updated with my MBA program. I've been a fan of his S7 since I first laid eyes on it on Bruce Almighty. That is my ultimate goal of a car. However, this can change. I've always wanted a Camaro that can kill GT500s.

BTW, I've been gone for almost a month and the information overload for me has flooded my thinking as of late. Once I catch up on some stuff, I'll inform everone about useless information about me and my ventures and the decisions that I think I'll make later but not pertaining to anything viably close to relating to the site or topic.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #139
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I love the ZR1 design of the thing!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #140
Bails

Drives: 07 Mustang
Quote:
Ever heard of the GT500 SuperSnake? You can get GT500's for around MSRP now, so tack on the $30,000 for the 725hp SuperSnake package and it's cheaper than the Hennessey. Nice try though. And, as much as I hate myself for saying this, even though the Mustang will have less power it'll probably still sell more as always.

On a different note, have you passed the 2nd grade? You don't have one real sentence in your entire post. If you want to make a legitimate argument try not looking like an idiot. Also about not liking the US, last time I checked Ford is American. You might have gotten Ford confused with Budweiser, which has indeed sold out. It's understandable that you might get them confused with your low level of intelligence. Just remember it this way, Budweiser starts with a B and so does beer.

By the way I'm not trying to put down the Hennessey or the Camaro. They look sick, have a lot of power, and I'll be getting a Camaro. I'm just pointing out the Shelby is still has more power.
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote