Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-19-2015, 02:00 AM   #99
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
If you are dead set on trading it in then I would go with the C7Z06 but if you need more space and more than 2 seats I would go with a Hellcat and more than likely it would be a Charger Hellcat. Just something awesome about a 4 door grocery getting 700hp car. Feel the same way about the CTSV wagon.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #100
Red Hot ZL1

Drives: 2014 Red Hot ZL1 Vert. M6.
Glad it is covered. Say hello to the kitty!
Red Hot ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:08 AM   #101
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
I don't think anyone was calling the op a liar or that he didn't own the car, just that there must be more to the story, ie, where did the oil all go to? How did the engine blow? etc.
If you want help, you have to tell the whole story and lay off the "OMG!" tone. One thing doesn't necessarily lead to another, correlation doesn't equal causation and so on.

The original post in this thread reads (or used to read, as it has now been edited) almost precisely like a troll post. I am glad to hear it is not. Having moderated car forums before, I've probably seen thousands like it. My willingness to part with the benefit of the doubt has dwindled to near nothing. That's on me, but car forums will do that.

Hope the OP gets a new motor.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #102
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag2camss View Post
Got word late this evening that my oil pan had a lot of metal pieces in it and that a rod bearing let loose from what the service advisor told me and yes it will be covered under warranty. Should have the car back next week and I will be trading it for either a gtr,hellcat charger or c7 zo6. Didn't really have time to read all of the negativity but I dont really care about what people say about me. This is just a forum and a lot of these guys and gals that make slick comments are only brave enough to do it in the comfort of there own home behind a computer screen.
OK - So where did the oil go? If rod bearing let loose as you say that wouldn't cause oil consumption.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:01 PM   #103
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It took 39 posts for some one to mention warranty. No matter what the nephew did, the car shouldn't be out of oil with no signs of a leak unless the nephew drained it himself which is highly unlikely. Get over it, take it to the dealer ,have them fix it under warranty, and punch yourself in the face for not securing you car from use if you didn't want that. Oh, and maybe your sister too if she allowed her son to drive your car if she knew you didn't want that.

Edit: Maybe to harsh on the punching yourself and sister thing, but I'm sure you get what I'm driving at.
Warranty will not cover a low lube failure. I know, I work for a major Class 8 Truck OEM. it's up to the owner to check all fluid levels on a regular basis. Sorry, but no OEM will cover stupidity.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #104
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
Warranty will not cover a low lube failure. I know, I work for a major Class 8 Truck OEM. it's up to the owner to check all fluid levels on a regular basis. Sorry, but no OEM will cover stupidity.
Guess this one wasn't stupidity then. He already said they are covering it under warranty.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #105
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Quote:
Guess this one wasn't stupidity then. He already said they are covering it under warranty.
I read that - Read my first post. Where did the oil go? If the bearing failed because of low lube it would not be covered. If the rod bearing let go and then put a hole in the block or oil pan that would be covered. But the OP said there were no oil leaks? Again where did 8 quarts (2 Gallons) of oil go? Something is missing........
Old 08-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #106
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
I read that - Read my first post. Where did the oil go? If the bearing failed because of low lube it would not be covered. If the rod bearing let go and then put a hole in the block or oil pan that would be covered. But the OP said there were no oil leaks? Again where did 8 quarts (2 Gallons) of oil go? Something is missing........
I agree, I keep checking in waiting to hear where the oil went. I'm trying to give the op the benefit of the doubt. Agree the cars don't just loose that much oil without a sign.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:23 PM   #107
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Quote:
I agree, I keep checking in waiting to hear where the oil went. I'm trying to give the op the benefit of the doubt. Agree the cars don't just loose that much oil without a sign.
The low oil warning light should have come on when it was around 3 quarts low leaving +/- 5 quarts left in the oil pan. I would like to see the diagnosis on the RO.......