Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
Rmkuper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Misfire/Exhaust Leak or am I loosing it?

Is something is off here or I'm loosing my mind? Does this sound like a misfire or exhaust leak to you? Still working through my tune but it just doesn't sound as clean as it once did. No DTCs, no misfires in HP tuner logs. GPI 2SS CAM, Speed Engineering LTH and 3in pipes, cat delete, Roto CAI.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/joULpv1rsPEtitSA6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tJDcDGS6xmZEx4cY7

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Rmkuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:48 AM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Sounds like there could be an exhaust leak on the passenger side maybe. I would just run it for a while and then look for black soot around the clamps.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:02 AM   #3
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
The second video almost sounds like a misfire to me. Last year my car had a bad ground causing misfires so bad I couldn't drive it but my HPTuner wasn't logging a misfire. Took it to the tuner and his did and was able to fix it eventually.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
Rmkuper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAD View Post
The second video almost sounds like a misfire to me. Last year my car had a bad ground causing misfires so bad I couldn't drive it but my HPTuner wasn't logging a misfire. Took it to the tuner and his did and was able to fix it eventually.
So you were not getting DTCs either? P030x the passenger side is kinda where I can hear what sounds like a misfire/leak I replaced plugs/wires already I just don't want to tear the fuel rail off and start replacing injectors unless I know for sure there is a misfire.

Rmkuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #5
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmkuper View Post
So you were not getting DTCs either? P030x the passenger side is kinda where I can hear what sounds like a misfire/leak I replaced plugs/wires already I just don't want to tear the fuel rail off and start replacing injectors unless I know for sure there is a misfire.

Nope nothing. No CELs, nada. I have a buddy that owns a tuner shop in SD. He was helping me via remote and since no codes / DTCs were popping in HP Tuner, everything looks fine with him. He made some tweaks to my existing tune and I tried to take it around the block and I about didn't make it home because the misfire was so bad. But he wasn't seeing anything, even live as I was driving. Ended up towing it to a local show and they found the bad ground.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote