Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #71
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
You must be used to a ying yang,NO?
Whats a ying yang?
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #72
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
Love it!

I am amazed that people of ALL ages love this car. To hear the comment: 'That is one beautiful car', is not uncommon.

Thinking of buying a white one for my wife. I don't like when she takes mine.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #73
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Since 447 came into my life i cant go an hour without thinking about him i work out of town and he sits under his car cover all week and as weird as it may sound i feel bad cause i cant let him out to run,it will absolutely be worth it everytime you look at this car this little grin will creep up on you, you know the one that when you look at someone that has this grin on his face like he knows something you dont ,well my friend you will be that guy
Old 07-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #74
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
I have been waiting patiently for 6 weeks and i'm just wondering since i cant stop thinking, breathing and living camaro right now, am i overhyping it and will i be let down at all once it gets here.
I waited over 8 months after placing my order. And that was after waiting a couple years to be ABLE to place the order! I had the same fear. Worry not...you won't be disappointed. It EXCEEDED my expectations in literally every way. It's even better than you're hoping for.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #75
CamaroKitty

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice 2LT RS V6
I LOVE MY CAR!! I can't help but get a devilish grin whenever people ease up beside you to check it out or take pictures with their cell phones or give you thumbs up. This is my third camaro and I love this one more than the 98 or 2000 I had. Those were just like a car. The 2010 is so much more than just another vehicle.

I am dissapointed that the dealership put their decal on it before I picked it up!! I am tired of seeing the inside molding hanging lose as I wait for a new clip. I am tired of the constant belt squeal. I am disgusted that paint has peeled off where the rear bumper meets up with the side body.

But...I also can't seem to let it go back to the dealership for them to address the issues. I am scared of separation anxiety!!!!
CamaroKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #76
Quackaddict

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
Very Dissappointed...........it didn't come out sooner. loving every second.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #77
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
With a price tag of $30000 or more I would hope not...

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #78
bri9

Drives: 2010 Corvette Z06 2010 BMW 650i
Love the car and all the attention it gets. Never talked to so many total strangers in my life. But are there things about the car I wouldn't mind seeing changed? YES!
-Feels like the auto in my 2ssrs gets to a high gear really quickly which I'm sure is to keep the gas mile as high as possible. I know I can remedy that by putting the car in the S Mode and using the paddle shifters.
-And the exhaust sound is kinda meek. I remember seeing the pics of about 15 employees sitting around a table with head phones trying to optimize the exhaust tone. Think the G35 and Mustang sound better.
-And I wish it had the same feature as my Vet, when you put the parking break on/ turn the car off the drivers seat goes all the way back. Makes it so much easier to get out and you don't scuff the sides of the leather seat.
-And last the tilt wheel best setting for me seems to block out the center gauges especially the speedometer.
BUT I STILL LOVE THE CAR!
bri9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #79
angelic

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to angelic Send a message via MSN to angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbo View Post
Yes I am. Just picked it up yesterday and hate all the attention. The thumbs up from strangers, friends wanting to see it, people staring or driving next to you to get a better look. I hate the way you get thrown back in your seat when you mash the accelerator and I hate having the best looking car on the road in years. I could go on...

(I hope you know I'm not serious)
That's awesome.

Nope, absolutely love the car and it has been the best purchase, ever.
Just hate being paranoid about it.
angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #80
MACK6519

Drives: 2005 Cadillac STS, 2010 2SS
We LOVE it. By far exceeded expectations. 965 miles so far...we just can't get enough. I got the manual and it is so much fun. The last manual (and my last brand new car) was my 84 Z-28. If I don't look in the mirror, I feel like I'm in my 20s again.

I gave up my Caddy STS and it was worth it. The only issue we had is the same alot of people are having with the ground effects chin. The one side popped off and now has a hole in it. That replacement is in and it will be fixed on Tuesday. Ordered the car October 16th and it is worth the wait.
MACK6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #81
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri9 View Post
Love the car and all the attention it gets. Never talked to so many total strangers in my life. But are there things about the car I wouldn't mind seeing changed? YES!
-Feels like the auto in my 2ssrs gets to a high gear really quickly which I'm sure is to keep the gas mile as high as possible. I know I can remedy that by putting the car in the S Mode and using the paddle shifters.
-And the exhaust sound is kinda meek. I remember seeing the pics of about 15 employees sitting around a table with head phones trying to optimize the exhaust tone. Think the G35 and Mustang sound better.
-And I wish it had the same feature as my Vet, when you put the parking break on/ turn the car off the drivers seat goes all the way back. Makes it so much easier to get out and you don't scuff the sides of the leather seat.
-And last the tilt wheel best setting for me seems to block out the center gauges especially the speedometer.
BUT I STILL LOVE THE CAR!

Glad you're loving the car.

The exhaust system - yup - we put the picture out there so that people would know we REALLY DO sweat the details.

The main reason the L99 sounds decidedly different from the LS3 is due to Active Fuel Management --(cylinder deactivation) --

When the car goes from 8 cylinders to 4, it goes from sounding like a V8 to sounding more like a 4 cylinder car -- thus, the exhaust tuning becomes even more important.

Early on, the aftermarket companies that are developing performance exhaust systems found that they have to be very careful in their tuning -- because if you don't it kinda sounds like the car is 'burping' when it goes from 4 to 8 and back to 4.......

(...not to be confused with the burping they make after a meal of 'smoked mustang'...) (sorry - couldn't resist that last remark...)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #82
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
I hit the 1000 mile mark today. Here I am, now ready to do my first oil change and really see what she'll do, but I can't....I don't want a broken output shaft or halfshafts. This is so far my only dissapointment with my car. Well, that and the slight peeling of my Chevolet sill plate stickers. And maybe I'm not so thrilled about my Zune having to Re-Index everytime I start the car.

Who I am kidding.

I love the car...I love its personality, its legacy, its swagger. For every one thing that someone on the forums has found wrong with this car, there are a thousand to make up for it. The Camaro legend certainly lives on in the 5th gen, in spite of weight, IRS issues, and safety mandates from designer hell. This car is everything I expected, and more.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #83
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Never...

Never ever!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #84
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Glad you're loving the car.

The exhaust system - yup - we put the picture out there so that people would know we REALLY DO sweat the details.

The main reason the L99 sounds decidedly different from the LS3 is due to Active Fuel Management --(cylinder deactivation) --

When the car goes from 8 cylinders to 4, it goes from sounding like a V8 to sounding more like a 4 cylinder car -- thus, the exhaust tuning becomes even more important.

Early on, the aftermarket companies that are developing performance exhaust systems found that they have to be very careful in their tuning -- because if you don't it kinda sounds like the car is 'burping' when it goes from 4 to 8 and back to 4.......

(...not to be confused with the burping they make after a meal of 'smoked mustang'...) (sorry - couldn't resist that last remark...)