Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-18-2014, 05:44 AM   #1
kudzu71

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
iOS 8 & MyLink

I upgraded to the new iOS 8 yesterday and now my iPhone doesn't play nice with MyLink. The audio cuts out often when connected via the usb, and bluetooth audio no longer works. The whole system has frozen twice. Not sure if it's a problem with the iOS software or if MyLink needs to update something, or both. Anyone else having trouble?

kudzu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Your Mylink needs to be updated. That's all, nothing wrong with the OS.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
kudzu71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Your Mylink needs to be updated. That's all, nothing wrong with the OS.
I'm glad that's all it is. I have an appointment Monday morning to address the recall so I'll ask about it then.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
I kind of wish it was pre-implemented that our cars would work with the new iOS8 CarPlay. That would have been really nice.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #5
kudzu71

If Chevy doesn't offer a software upgrade to install CarPlay then I'll probably install an aftermarket unit. Thankfully MyLink was working fine this morning so it must have just been a momentary glitch. Still takes forEVER to index my music though.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu71 View Post
I'm glad that's all it is. I have an appointment Monday morning to address the recall so I'll ask about it then.
I'd be interested to hear if there is an update for MyLink so soon after general availability of iOS 8. Been working ok so far. Only issue I've had is that over USB songs seem to be stopping and skipping to the next in the playlist about 15-20 seconds left in the song. Not too big of an issue since its the end of the song but the abrupt and prolonged silence between songs is a bit irritating.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
MikeAP

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS M6
I have no issues with Bluetooth, but I can not control the music from mylink. I have to play it from the phone. If I connect the phone via the usb port and hit ipod it will looks like it will play then just says paused. Very wierd.

I will talk to he dealer, can anyone confirm there is a fix for it?
Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #8
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I'm not having any issues with my iPhone 5 and my 2014 cruze. I actually turned on "hey Siri" and I don't use the steering wheel to call her any more. Works very well.

If only they'd bring back the old pictures app format. I not not like this new one.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #9
hoodstrugg

Drives: camaro
actually turned on "hey Siri" and I don't use the steering wheel to call her any more. Works very well.
hoodstrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #10
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
Let's keep this thread going. I've had numerous bluetooth issues between MyLink and iPhone 5c (iOS 7) so I'm leery of moving up to iOS 8. I will be getting an iPhone 6 (iOS 8) soon so I'm extremely interested in any bluetooth bugs. If there's a huge issue then I'll return the iPhone 6 until this shiz is worked out.

Note: chevy's MyLink/infotainment division is useless. All they do is refer you back to the dealers who are equally clueless. It's like Abbott and Castello's "Who's on First" skit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
The problem is the phones are updated faster than the cars, and that creates the issues.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
The problem is the phones are updated faster than the cars, and that creates the issues.

Exactly! Any ideas on how we can get Chevy to update the MyLink? Bluetooth wouldn't be an issue if they didn't insist on indexing the iPhone every time it's plugged in via USB. Plus, with bluetooth music it defaults to the crappy Gracenote service. Ugh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #13
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAP View Post
I have no issues with Bluetooth, but I can not control the music from mylink. I have to play it from the phone. If I connect the phone via the usb port and hit ipod it will looks like it will play then just says paused. Very wierd.

I will talk to he dealer, can anyone confirm there is a fix for it?
Mine is doing the exact same thing after upgrading to IOS8
Old 09-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #14
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu71 View Post
If Chevy doesn't offer a software upgrade to install CarPlay then I'll probably install an aftermarket unit. Thankfully MyLink was working fine this morning so it must have just been a momentary glitch. Still takes forEVER to index my music though.
My phone has about 2,339 songs on it and it takes less than 5 mins to index my music. This has been on both iOS7 and iOS8 on both an iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. However, about 2 weeks after I got my car last February I was having an issue with the indexing seemingly getting stuck. In my case, I believe that a podcast episode may have had some glitch with its metadata because if I pulled the file off my phone it indexed normally. It was the last episode they made for that particular podcast so I just listened to it on my phone and deleted it and have had no indexing issues since. But if you have any music that came from sources other than iTunes or listen to a lot of podcasts then there may be an issue in one of your files. Id suggest first shutting off podcast syncing and removing them from the phone and see if that fixes it. If so, then its something like I had. If not, you may need to clean up the ID3 tags in your non-iTunes mp3s. MP3tag is a good tool for this. It will be tedious as hell but it will let you batch edit and save new tags for each song. To make sure it sticks, move the files out of the iTunes folder and delete them from your library. Sync the phone to remove them. Don't let it copy anything back from the phone. Make a backup copy of them then open and edit them in MP3Tag. Take the edited tag versions and reimport them to iTunes and resync your phone. See if that helps.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote