Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #15
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
The new Rustangs really are beautiful cars, I like the 2016. However, I do not like the fact that every 5.0 owner has to rev next to me and instigate a street race. Its almost to the point that if I see one on the highway I purposely avoid them to prevent from witnessing their childish mannerism. I actually had two this weekend do that me, idk why but it makes me so angry.

Anyways OP, your father has a nice looking car. Like I said I really do like them!
If my daughter is in my Camaro w/ me, she says "I'm proud of you Dad for not revving your engine back at them.".

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:50 PM   #16
SS/RS2010

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
OP, just make sure your dad doesn't go to a Cars and Coffee.
SS/RS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:07 PM   #17
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
The new Rustangs really are beautiful cars, I like the 2016. However, I do not like the fact that every 5.0 owner has to rev next to me and instigate a street race. Its almost to the point that if I see one on the highway I purposely avoid them to prevent from witnessing their childish mannerism. I actually had two this weekend do that me, idk why but it makes me so angry.

Anyways OP, your father has a nice looking car. Like I said I really do like them!
Haha, typical mustang owners. Always think they drive a race car...I saw a guy rev at a R6 once and got smoked hard
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:31 PM   #18
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Quote:

Hell I am mad no one has challenged me since I got my Camaro. I had a 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona Edition with full bolt ons that got more people willing to give it a go.

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #19
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Wow. I don't quite understand the overall sentiment of your post though. It seems that you are almost boastful of the fact that your dad can blow your "doors in" as you call it. I wouldn't be proud of that if I owned an SS.

Does dad have a fragile ego or are you just looking for a reason to upgrade to a 6th gen?
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #20
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
Hell I am mad no one has challenged me since I got my Camaro. I had a 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona Edition with full bolt ons that got more people willing to give it a go.
This right here, I guess on my side of town no one is into racing. Not that's it's a bad thing, illegal street racing is dangerous and stupid.

But.. it'd be nice to have someone acknowledge me :(
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #21
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
My sister-in-law just bought a 2016 GT, and I would disagree with you on a couple of points. I think the Mustang's interior, especially with the premium package, is quite a bit better that my 2014 1LE. Her's is an automatic, and even in Sport mode, I don't find it as responsive as my Camaro, and the suspension in mine is noticeably better. The bells and whistles are cool, but I don't need line lock or any of the other crap it comes with. I like the look of the body, but don't like the hood lines from the driver's seat.

Overall, I think Ford has improved the Mustang, but I'm not ready to buy one.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:34 PM   #22
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Mustangs can be very nice cars no doubt, but so as well can be Camaros and the stats from the 0-60 and 1/4 heavily favor the 6.2 with direct injection, and old school torque from a push rod /single cam engine helps. So comparatively I would rather have a 16 Camaro versus the Mustang any day. Unless like I won a GT 350 or something...LOL even better a Hellcat. Or even better the new ZL1 they are coming out with that will post up some impressive numbers. Ahhh Dreams...
Sorry your dad turned to the dark side, just make sure he changes his belts....and he may turn from the dark side over time..... LOL
Old 06-27-2016, 11:57 PM   #23
Torquemonster

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
Wow. I don't quite understand the overall sentiment of your post though. It seems that you are almost boastful of the fact that your dad can blow your "doors in" as you call it. I wouldn't be proud of that if I owned an SS.

Does dad have a fragile ego or are you just looking for a reason to upgrade to a 6th gen?
No reason at all and not being boastful. Just thought I would add that it's a serious powerhouse lol. I would argue that the new GT is possibly a force to be reckoned with.

Furthermore, no fragile egos here. We both live and work in the car business so we drive hundreds of cars every week, not just camaros and mustangs, I just thought I would mention that his latest toy is a monster for the money you spend lol.

As mentioned, I've had the opportunity to buy both a mustang, and a 6th gen Camaro for very reasonable deals, and I still chose my 14 Camaro over all.
VMax ported throttle body

Last edited by Torquemonster; 06-28-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Torquemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:49 AM   #24
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemonster View Post
And for the record, the old man LOVES his mustang lol. So it all boils down to what each individual likes.
Agreed. I never considered buying a Camaro until the Gen 5 appeared. Everything about the Gen 5 screamed out to me. I would stop in the middle of a sentence and almost break my neck looking when one would go by. LOL.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:11 AM   #25
14RS Mike

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
This right here, I guess on my side of town no one is into racing. Not that's it's a bad thing, illegal street racing is dangerous and stupid.

But.. it'd be nice to have someone acknowledge me :(
Same here. All the ricers try to instigate me. I drove all the way from Northern PA to Ocean City Maryland for vacation this past weekend with the woman. I received a lot of looks and compliments on my Camaro, and thankfully only once did I get a race invite.

An old beat up Subbie was trying to race me on the turn pike. Some young kid and his girlfriend and the guy kept hounding me for 15 miles between being right beside me. Finally got fed up at a certain and blew away from him so I could finish driving home. When you're driving for 5 hours straight, the last thing you want to do is race someone. Even more so on the turn pike. I get you want to test the waters with your car, but on the turn pike with Staties at 4 PM? I sometimes want to just pull people over and ask them about their judgement skills in general.
14RS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #26
derieu
Engineer

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
I had a 2015 Mustang GT PP with a full road-racing suspension, I ended up selling it to get a 2SS 1LE, I can say that stock for stock, the 1LE feels much tighter and the suspension is much more capable. I felt like the Coyote was much happier up top while the LS3 is much meatier in the middle of it's powerband.

My road-racing Mustang with the entire suspension ripped out would have smashed the 1LE, but I look forward to analyzing and "redoing" this car's suspension, overall I feel like the Camaro is much more capable. Especially considering headers alone will yield 40whp where as the coyote is much harder to make NA power on a cost-effective mindset
derieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #27
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Any other Mustang owners hit anyone today? I pulled out of a car show and took down a group of old people.

Are we really comparing a Bolt-on 5.0 vs. a Cammed and bolt-on SS?

Gossip - This guy knows his shit. He just joined maybe two weeks ago, has a high post count and is clearly an expert on both the 5.0 and LSx platform.

Learn when you've met your match Gossip. :P
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #28
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
That test being referenced wasn't a very even test, the ls3 was a crate motor and a used f150 5.0. Have any of you actually raced bolt on 5.0's? They're incredibly fast for very few mods. I love my cammed 5th gen but a basic 5.0 with a tune, torque converter and slicks can run low 11s all day.

Tags
2016 mustang, mustang gt