Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #57
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Are the Mustangs still brembos in the front, non brembos in the back? I never understood that lol
They don't come standard like on my old Camaro. And they are still just fronts. The standard brakes on S550 Mustangs are the old S197 performance pack brakes. They are very good brakes. I cant feel any difference between the stands on the Mustang and the Brembos on my old Camaro. There may be a foot or two stopping distance difference in a magazine test but nothing youll notice in real world driving.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #58
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Talked to the 5.0 mustang owner last night. It's a 2015 5.0, fully gutted, kirkey racing seat, manual with slicks and skinnys, cold air intake, longtubes, with a Lund E85 tune and some minor suspension mods. Was consistently 11.1-11.3 all night. No internal engine mods.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #59
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS and a 2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible. Both are manual trans. Both weigh approx the same. My SS has full bolt-ons (see sig). My GT has an Airaid cai, a 3 inch cat-back, and a canned 93 octane tune. My SS is faster due to having more mods. But I think that mod for mod and with equal drivers the GT is faster.

I had the opportunity to race another 10-13 SS while I was in my GT. He had the stock exhaust, I don't know what trans he had, and I don't know what other mods he had. But I basically walked right by him pretty easily. And that was after giving him the jump. But you have to take into consideration that with my mods I probably have about 405 to the wheels. If he was a bone stock auto, then he probably had about 340 to the wheels. That would explain why I beat him soo easily. Even if we both were bone stock I would have had the advantage. But if it was my modded GT against a 16 SS, the SS would have the advantage.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:06 PM   #60
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS and a 2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible. Both are manual trans. Both weigh approx the same. My SS has full bolt-ons (see sig). My GT has an Airaid cai, a 3 inch cat-back, and a canned 93 octane tune. My SS is faster due to having more mods. But I think that mod for mod and with equal drivers the GT is faster.

I had the opportunity to race another 10-13 SS while I was in my GT. He had the stock exhaust, I don't know what trans he had, and I don't know what other mods he had. But I basically walked right by him pretty easily. And that was after giving him the jump. But you have to take into consideration that with my mods I probably have about 405 to the wheels. If he was a bone stock auto, then he probably had about 340 to the wheels. That would explain why I beat him soo easily. Even if we both were bone stock I would have had the advantage. But if it was my modded GT against a 16 SS, the SS would have the advantage.
Not enough power for 3".
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #61
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
compared to my 2006 pontiac solstice the RS camaro is a luxury car.on the other hand the solstice felt like you were driving a go-kart and you felt 75 was fast,whereas in the camaro you are sitting still at 75.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #62
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Not enough power for 3".
That is the standard now...and I tend to think a bit differently. Plus, don't we all mod for future mods??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #63
rvadim76

Drives: SOLD: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Stangs are still nice cars, but all to their owns )

I agree with jcampos - almost every time I meet the Stang driver on the street (highway or city) they try to race me.
Being honest I should say that I could not resist a couple times and gave them what they deserved.
Not saying that my Camaro is a way faster than new Mustang but I raced the same new 2016 Mustang GT twice and I won. My car is not stock though )
the last couple of month I am trying to avoid any racing, just don't feel like I need that.
rvadim76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 mustang, mustang gt