Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #1
IcySerg

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Just bought a 2014 ZL1 and looking into modifying

Hey guys, Serg here.
Just bought a 2014 ZL1 in black with 13k miles on it and out of curiosity I’m looking as to what everyone uses in terms of aftermarket and also the best tuning solutions and tuners.

I’m coming from a 2017 civic Si with Full bolt ons and E85 with aftermarket turbo and custom tune so I know what I would be diving myself into when it comes to reliability with this Camaro.

I’m not looking to go to crazy to the point where I max out the fuel system and lower reliability. Just a small power bump. I just want minor modifications that add big power bumps like flex fuel or pulleys

List of mods I’m looking into:
Best tuning solution/with capabilities of mobile tuning/email tuning and if possible, screen to be able to read IAT’s and engine temp and Ethanol content.

Best Tuner out there who tunes our camaros for power and max reliability(preferably email tune/ or someone who lives in the Bay Area)

High quality E85 kit(plug and play without having the need to cut wires)

I’m not to familiar with pulleys but any knowledge about upgrading them would be greatly appreciated.
The car already came with a cold air inductions Intake so that solved the intake problem. It also came with NT555s in the back which handles stock power levels flawlessly

Thanks! I look forward to conversing with fellow 5th gen owners
I’ll leave my IG here, please follow or message me there as it’s much easier than the forums ����

Last edited by IcySerg; 07-30-2020 at 10:37 PM.
IcySerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Replace lower pulley, 9.1 is a good start. If you can get them, LT headers. e85 flex fuel and aux pump. Reinforced brick. Cam, if you want to go that far. Tune.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
IcySerg

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Replace lower pulley, 9.1 is a good start. If you can get them, LT headers. e85 flex fuel and aux pump. Reinforced brick. Cam, if you want to go that far. Tune.
Hmm, any specific Motorsport company’s I should be on a look out for? I’m looking to do it right the first time and quality attracts. I don’t cheap out when it comes to aftermarket. Also I’m not looking to dig deep in the fuel system.

If I go flex fuel only what would be the max ethanol content I would be able to run on stock fuel system. I know for the civics it’s 35%, after that one would need to upgrade injectors, pump, rails and all that jazz. Not really looking to do the same with the Camaro. I want that stock engine look to it with a hint of aftermarket.

Long tubes would be nice but I’m in Cali, I’m sure I can find a way to get me hands on them. A nice sounding cat back paired with headers would be killer!
IcySerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:04 PM   #4
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Which company to go with is subjective, ask 10 people on here and you will get 11 opinions. We have a couple really good sponsoring companies. Reach out to them and go with the one who gives you the warm fuzzy.

I forgot about the injector part of e85. I run FIC1300s. Another option is methanol injection. I have both e85 and meth.

Another recommendation is a secure garage. Gen 5 Camaros get stolen like Hondas in the Bay Area.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #5
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcySerg View Post
If I go flex fuel only what would be the max ethanol content I would be able to run on stock fuel system. I know for the civics it’s 35%, after that one would need to upgrade injectors, pump, rails and all that jazz. Not really looking to do the same with the Camaro. I want that stock engine look to it with a hint of aftermarket.
You'll kill the duty cycle on corn with stock injectors and pump. At the least you'll need injectors, BAP and a tune. I personally like street and dyno tunes. Ted Jannetty is tops for an emailed tune.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:46 AM   #6
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Jump on our site and check out some of our package deals. Proven power without breaking the bank. Or feel free to shop around on our site and piece together your own set up. Just make sure you use coupon code CAMARO5 when you order to get the best prices.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:18 PM   #7
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
If you want to go with an in-person experience in the Bay area, you can always give Matt Gower a call over at GP Tuning. He knows the ZL1 / CTS-V platform really well. Instagram @gptuning or email gpxtuning@gmail.com

If you want a remote tune, several of the vendors on here offer that service as well and are highly praised.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:38 PM   #8
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
You'll kill the duty cycle on corn with stock injectors and pump. At the least you'll need injectors, BAP and a tune. I personally like street and dyno tunes. Ted Jannetty is tops for an emailed tune.
Ditto that, the JRE 75 package wakes these cars up without a lot of work, and it’s stealthy. But the key is you must have access to 93.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcySerg View Post
Hey guys, Serg here.
Just bought a 2014 ZL1 in black with 13k miles on it and out of curiosity I’m looking as to what everyone uses in terms of aftermarket and also the best tuning solutions and tuners.

I’m coming from a 2017 civic Si with Full bolt ons and E85 with aftermarket turbo and custom tune so I know what I would be diving myself into when it comes to reliability with this Camaro.

I’m not looking to go to crazy to the point where I max out the fuel system and lower reliability. Just a small power bump. I just want minor modifications that add big power bumps like flex fuel or pulleys

List of mods I’m looking into:
Best tuning solution/with capabilities of mobile tuning/email tuning and if possible, screen to be able to read IAT’s and engine temp and Ethanol content.

Best Tuner out there who tunes our camaros for power and max reliability(preferably email tune/ or someone who lives in the Bay Area)

High quality E85 kit(plug and play without having the need to cut wires)

I’m not to familiar with pulleys but any knowledge about upgrading them would be greatly appreciated.
The car already came with a cold air inductions Intake so that solved the intake problem. It also came with NT555s in the back which handles stock power levels flawlessly

Thanks! I look forward to conversing with fellow 5th gen owners
I’ll leave my IG here, please follow or message me there as it’s much easier than the forums ����
Welcome to Camaro5 and congrats on a great car.

I owned a 13 ZL-1 Auto from 6/12 to 3/18, we did extensive testing and development of our Power packages and torture tested them on the road coarse for 5 years.

We have supported the ZL-1 Family right from day one and bring 40 years of experience to our power packages.

I offer 75-125-150-200 RWHP power packages that are done right, Balanced, consistent, Durable, have your cake and eat it to systems.

Please feel free to give me a call, all of our systems are DIY friendly and come with Heavy discounts on Tuning when purchased from us making the Total package value higher than any part price discounts can offer.

Our Customer service is at the top of the Game, We answer the phones, emails, Facebook, instagram, and Youtube messages daily

Ted 203-753-7223
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #10
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
Modify the miles on the car......get in and drive!
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:48 PM   #11
Bartbart

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Innovators west super tensioner, 8 rib pulley system, methanol injection is cheaper than e85, e85 will cut your MPG in half. In person tuning is best. Suspension is important Mighty Mouse catch can
Bartbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartbart View Post
Innovators west super tensioner, 8 rib pulley system, methanol injection is cheaper than e85, e85 will cut your MPG in half. In person tuning is best. Suspension is important Mighty Mouse catch can
I am not sure that you realize this is a ZL-1
which has an 8 rib drive,
Supertensioner does not fit
Methanol injection is unreliable,
E85 does not cut your mileage in half, its about 25%,
Remote tuning is just as good as in person tuning, (it's the guy swinging the Hammer not the Hammer)
Most any catch can it good.

We can make 675 RWHP on plain old 93 and road coarse the car with ultimate reliability on only 12 psi boost.

Check out our Facebook page just finished one yesterday https://www.facebook.com/jannettyrac...01491743339782
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:31 AM   #13
Bartbart

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I am not sure that you realize this is a ZL-1
which has an 8 rib drive,
Supertensioner does not fit
Methanol injection is unreliable,
E85 does not cut your mileage in half, its about 25%,
Remote tuning is just as good as in person tuning, (it's the guy swinging the Hammer not the Hammer)
Most any catch can it good.

We can make 675 RWHP on plain old 93 and road coarse the car with ultimate reliability on only 12 psi boost.

Check out our Facebook page just finished one yesterday https://www.facebook.com/jannettyrac...01491743339782
😂😂😂 I didn’t know that pfft haha. 10 rib then
Bartbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:56 PM   #14
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Just to clarify, yes 93 is better than 91 octane, and e85 is far better than either of them. The tune can still be done and is worthwhile for people who only have 91 in their area.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote