Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 11-27-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
Trackpack

Drives: 1LE
Ozark International Raceway - New Road Course in Missouri

This brand new track had it's first weekend on November 6th with NASA Central Region. It is the most technical track I have been on with the most elevation change and blind corners.

The video below was my best lap on Michelin S8Ms but an otherwise factory car. There is easily a low 2:40 lap available with the current setup.
https://youtu.be/96MTZniW64w

The lead and follow showed all three of us were faster when following someone else. It will take years to master this track and become comfortable running at speed. https://youtu.be/7rxYVTMtQtc
Trackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #2
chevroletman

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
You are absolutely correct, most technical track around. I was in the white 1LE in the first video- I ran several 3 min flat laps on my 3rs. I feel I have another 10 sec improvement left after learning the track more and overcoming all of the blind hills and corners--WOW is all I can say the video doesn't do the track justice. downhill braking into off camber corners very difficult
chevroletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
Trackpack

It was unnerving coming over the top of the hills maintaining faith in what was on the other side Thanks for showing me the power steering cooler ducts.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Wow, that track is nuts. Not much run off either. Be careful pushing it, especially in downhill acceleration zones.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:29 PM   #5
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I ran there on Friday the 5th with the express guys and gals. I have never been on a road course before in my life. I had without a doubt the best time ever in a car and at the same time the absolute most terrifying. Sensory overload to the max to say the least. I watched all the videos I could and like mentioned, the videos don't come even close to doing this track justice in any shape, way or form. Even the experienced guys were having to catch their breath after each session. Rumor is that one driver even threw up due to the extreme vertical g's. I felt nauseous after 3 sessions my self.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 04-07-2022 at 11:54 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:25 PM   #6
chevroletman

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Trackpack -- I cant wait to get back in the spring, hopefully with more track time some of the nerves will subside, but they will never go completely away, that's for sure

i had intensions of going faster the last session but between the blind hills and the sun setting it was very hard to see especially through the roller coaster

hope to see you in April
chevroletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:15 AM   #7
beworthy3

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ah, Ozark International Rollercoaster seems like a more appropriate name. It looks incredible, challenging and so much fun.
beworthy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:52 PM   #8
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
This definitely gives off some of the same vibes as the Nurburgring, lots of blind crests/corners and elevation change, looks like a ton of fun!!!
Old 11-29-2021, 07:04 PM   #9
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Beautiful looking course, love the video!
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:37 PM   #10
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
I ran there on Friday the 5th with the express guys and gals. I have never been on a road course before in my life. I had without a doubt the best time ever in a car and at the same time the absolute most terrifying. Sensory overload to the max to say the least. I watched all the videos I could and like mentioned, the videos don't come even close to doing this track justice in any shape, way or form. Even the experienced guys were having to catch their breath after each session. Rumor is that one driver even threw up due to the extreme vertical g's. I felt nauseous after 3 sessions my self.
Hot Damn! I watched those two videos and that track looks like a LOT of stressful excitement! Many questions here: How did the car do? Did you do any specific track prep? What kinda speeds did you hit? Coolant/oil temps behave? Tires and brakes OK? Sorry to overload but it looks like a fun facility. Safe to say I don't think I'd drive that track after a chili dog eating contest.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:36 PM   #11
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Hot Damn! I watched those two videos and that track looks like a LOT of stressful excitement! Many questions here: How did the car do? Did you do any specific track prep? What kinda speeds did you hit? Coolant/oil temps behave? Tires and brakes OK? Sorry to overload but it looks like a fun facility. Safe to say I don't think I'd drive that track after a chili dog eating contest.
I will send you a pm being a first timer so I don't publicly humiliate myself.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:39 AM   #12
ponyboy96

Drives: 2020 ZLE A10, 2018 F250 Diesel
That looks like a really fun and technical track. I’m sure it was a blast.

Last edited by ponyboy96; 11-30-2021 at 10:13 AM.
ponyboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:09 PM   #13
Trackpack

The car is stock with a track alignment of ~-2.8 camber up front and zero toe with ~-1.6 camber out back with a slight amount of toe in. The tires are Michelin S8M slicks (soft compound). Top speed was only 126 MPH. Check out how the inside of the fronts wore down. The tire wear was essentially even on Brainerd and Topeka and twice the number of sessions produced less overall wear?

It was a cold day and the tire pressure only rose ~4 psi. This tells me that I wasn't able to get them hot enough. The other thing to consider is the wear caused by the downforce at the bottom of the hills. This was enough to make me hold my breath and maybe enough to cause heavier wear. The track surface was excellent as is expected.

The beauty of cold weather is that all 650 hp/650 torque were present all the time
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2021, 03:10 PM   #14
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
This definitely gives off some of the same vibes as the Nurburgring, lots of blind crests/corners and elevation change, looks like a ton of fun!!!
I caught a bunch of other track vibes - that 1st Dip down is a lot like the original Road Atlanta "Dip" without the speed.

OP Thanks for posting the Video - I've been wanting to see what's like
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote