Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-13-2019, 12:15 PM   #29
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM Camaro View Post
Let me ax you a question. How exactly do you get mud IN to the tire?
Old 12-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #30
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
Ok, so Spec was mentioned twice in this post. Are we taking about a Spec clutch? If so that would explain the horrible vibration I had until my car was having issues under acceleration. My slave melted and one of the clutch disc was shattered.
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #31
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
Try shutting off the stabiltrak and see if it still does it. My 2011 did it twice at he drag strip. Felt like death wobble.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #32
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver 1LE View Post
Ok, so Spec was mentioned twice in this post. Are we taking about a Spec clutch? If so that would explain the horrible vibration I had until my car was having issues under acceleration. My slave melted and one of the clutch disc was shattered.

... my apologies for the confusion...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:55 PM   #33
lift4dapump

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Update: all brand new tires and rims. No fix. I can accelerate full throttle till 3rd gear no vibrations. Once I shift to 4 and up the vibrations are outrage. Even if I'm at 70 coasting, in 6th, I press the gas to go up a few mph and vibration is harsh. I doubt it's the drive shaft since i can run first gear to 6k rpms no vibrations
lift4dapump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:10 PM   #34
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lift4dapump View Post
Update: all brand new tires and rims. No fix. I can accelerate full throttle till 3rd gear no vibrations. Once I shift to 4 and up the vibrations are outrage. Even if I'm at 70 coasting, in 6th, I press the gas to go up a few mph and vibration is harsh. I doubt it's the drive shaft since i can run first gear to 6k rpms no vibrations
How about if you prematurely shift to 4th gear? If your car is only shaking in those gears (4-6) regardless of speed then you may have some transmission problem

honestly you just need to get the car on a lift and check all your steering and suspension components. wheel bearings, control arms, etc. all sorts of things can cause vibration. could be that you got some cheap quality mounts installed since they were done around the time the vibration started. did you get OE?
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #35
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Does the vibration get worse as you apply power once you are at the speed the vibration occurs? Going the same mph, does the vibration have the same speed or intensity regardless of what gear you are in? Still sounds like driveshaft to me. Is there any play in the cv shafts? It's really hard to diagnose something like this without experiencing it first hand. It's not in the engine or clutch if its speed related and not rpm related. If the vibration stays the same regardless if you are in 4th 5th 6th and is more speed related you are looking at driveshaft, cv shafts, or possibly diff. Doubt it's the diff but you can put the car in neutral and see if you can move the pinion.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #36
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lift4dapump View Post
That is a big hint. Now if someone can answer the puzzle.

I can only think motor mounts. Back in the day I'd take a 2x4 and gently pry on the motor where there were no hoses or wires to damage and see if it would move 1/2 inch or more, up down left right.
Like 1/4inch and snug, lots of resistance to moving, is normal, but if it easily moves it's broken.

I had to replace a Civic motor mount recently that had a bad vibration only in reverse, reminds me of your puzzle. I used a floor jack and 2x4 under the engine to help identify the broken rubber mount.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:53 PM   #37
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
If the vibration starts at a certain speed and gets worse as speed increases no matter which gear, it is not going to be engine rpm related.
If it is vibrating at a speed even when coasting clutch in it will not be clutch or trans up to the output shaft.
If steering wheel shakes or vibrates it's front end. If seats and floor shakes it is rear.

I had vibration above 70 that had two conditions, increased with speed even with clutch in. And increase with magnitude when accelerating hard.

My findings where tire run out was excessive on rear tires as they rotated on the rims. Once I installed new the vibration went to higher speed but was still there. I found the front driveshaft bolts did not hold and had to replace my one piece driveshaft.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:19 PM   #38
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I mean i already said it wasn't the tires or wheels. Two posts like this popped up at the same time. It's not engine mounts if its a severe vibration those might give a slight vibration but more of a hard clunk you would feel in lower gears which you said it feels fine under hard accell 1st and 2nd. It's beyond me why people come on here to ask questions then ignore the answers given. Replace the engine transmission driveshaft rear diff cv axles and hubs. That should fix it. Done with this thread.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:12 PM   #39
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I mean i already said it wasn't the tires or wheels. Two posts like this popped up at the same time. It's not engine mounts if its a severe vibration those might give a slight vibration but more of a hard clunk you would feel in lower gears which you said it feels fine under hard accell 1st and 2nd. It's beyond me why people come on here to ask questions then ignore the answers given. Replace the engine transmission driveshaft rear diff cv axles and hubs. That should fix it. Done with this thread.
When the answers given are conflicting the same question needs to be asked again.
On this car the engine mount would not contribute to this type of vibration but the trans mount would. The shifting(movement) would change the driveshaft angle which will cause vibration. Easy problems have easy solutions. Hard problems require step through problem solving and testing.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:17 PM   #40
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Maybe the first time you got your new tires the tire shop jacked up the car in the wrong place and bent something. And ever scene then the shakes started and the bent part needs to be found. Long shot but might be the root cause of the shake
Old 12-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #41
lift4dapump

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Speed related. No matter what gear, around 50mph+. I've checked all my cv and ball joints. No wiggle or tears in the boots. No movement in tire as far as the wheel bearings go. No obvious bends in undercarriage. I'll replace the new tires as a free check. Then move to the drive shaft.

Thank you everyone who took their time to share your experiences and thoughts. I'm so ready to have my car back up and good.
lift4dapump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:13 PM   #42
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Speed related rules out the engine and trans. Has to be driveline back. You said it cant be the driveline because you run the engine up to 6k but that's a nonsense statement. The engine and driveline dont run the same rpm. The driveline is directly related to the speed the car travels. Start looking there if you haven't. Look at your guibo joint.