Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Flea

Drives: Camaro ZL1
New family hauler!

About a week ago, my dad traded his Porsche Cayman for a ZL1 convertible. I congratulated him on his fine purchase. I was excited for him. I also had a Cayman, so jokingly, I said to my wife, "You know, we could do the same thing. We could trade the Cayman for a ZL1 so you would actually drive it and we could haul the kid around also." (She didn't like driving a manual transmission and we couldn't haul our almost 2 year old daughter around.) She was adamant about telling me no, because she just got a '13 Ford Edge Limited in July and I just got a '13 Ford F150 Limited in November. She said, "No. We don't need to spend more money." (I think the rest of her sentences were just "blah, blah, blah, blah". lol) The next day, she had to take her Edge in for an oil change at the Ford dealer. While she was waiting, she walked across the street to the Chevy dealer my dad had just bought his ZL1 from. They had a white ZL1 coupe in there still, and it just happened to be an automatic. She wound up taking it for a test drive. She called me and said, "Don't laugh, but I WANT ONE!" I have to admit, it brought a tear to my eye hearing her say that. So then the dealing began. She told the dealer exactly what we wanted. She was always told when she was younger that she couldn't have a convertible because they were dangerous, so she told the salesman she wanted a convertible. It also had to be an automatic. I'm a fan of manuals, but the paddle shifters are a compromise and I'm glad this would be a car she would drive also. Only other options we wanted were the sueded microfiber package and navigation. We wanted Crystal Red Tintcoat on black wheels. So the dealer ran a search and found one in another state. The salesman told us what he'd give for our Cayman and named a price for the ZL1 that was lower than the price the dealer who had the car had it listed. She then went to another dealer and asked them what they could do. They gave a little more for the Cayman and took a little more off the ZL1. So that second dealer won our business. I work out of state and only make it home every other weekend, so my wife did the work at the dealer, and I only answered a few questions over the phone. The car was transferred to the dealer earlier this week, and I drove home yesterday and picked up the new ZL1. I'm really excited about this car! Now we have a car/toy that we can enjoy as a family. I picked my 22 month old daughter up early from daycare today, and when I first started the car, she said, "Whooaah!" That's my girl!!

Alright, enough rambling!! Here's a couple pictures.

And we've pretty much been a Ford family. I'm still a huge fan of Fords. This is our first Chevy. So far, after a 1-1/2 days of ownership, I'm extremely happy! Of course, the Mrs. is too. If this was a toy just for me, I would've been looking really hard a '13 Shelby, but I think this ZL1 was the right choice for us. I don't second guess or regret this purchase at all. This car is simply badass!!

And I'm going to talk to a body shop to see about getting the front license plate holder removed, the holes filled, and the bumper repainted. It came already installed on the car, because it came from a state where front plates are the law and the dealer didn't want to give the customer a choice apparently. We don't need them here, so I'd rather clean up the front end. The plate I have in there now is one I had laying around. I'm probably going to get a black plate that says "supercharged" in red letters to stick in there, until I get around to having a body shop work its magic.
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
looks great! congrats and welcome
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Very Nice

Great looking car.You have great taste or should I say your wife !
You cannot beat it when the wife is super enthused about a car.It make's the modding soooo much easier.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Kadet1

Drives: Camaro SIM
Congrats very nice ride
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Nice color. Should have wiped the finger prints from the MYLINK screen before you took the picture though. LMAO.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
congrats, I love that Camaro
Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Nice and congrats!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Flea

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Thanks, guys!

And yeah, I thought about the fingerprints on the screen after I loaded the pictures. I even had a microfiber cloth with me to do just that, but forgot to use it.
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
Rite on enjoy that baby you'll love it!!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
YOU my Friend HAVE the world BY the A$$, A ZL1 and a Wife who knows CARS> ^5
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #11
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
Congrats!! Looks amazing! Enjoy!!
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #12
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Congratulations on the new family addition! I haven't seen a convertible ZL1 yet on the road. The red really looks good.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #13
firecross91

Drives: ZL1 #1691 Black on black.
Congrats you will be happy with your grocery getter.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
About a week ago, my dad traded his Porsche Cayman for a ZL1 convertible. I congratulated him on his fine purchase. I was excited for him. I also had a Cayman, so jokingly, I said to my wife, "You know, we could do the same thing. We could trade the Cayman for a ZL1 so you would actually drive it and we could haul the kid around also." (She didn't like driving a manual transmission and we couldn't haul our almost 2 year old daughter around.) She was adamant about telling me no, because she just got a '13 Ford Edge Limited in July and I just got a '13 Ford F150 Limited in November. She said, "No. We don't need to spend more money." (I think the rest of her sentences were just "blah, blah, blah, blah". lol) The next day, she had to take her Edge in for an oil change at the Ford dealer. While she was waiting, she walked across the street to the Chevy dealer my dad had just bought his ZL1 from. They had a white ZL1 coupe in there still, and it just happened to be an automatic. She wound up taking it for a test drive. She called me and said, "Don't laugh, but I WANT ONE!" I have to admit, it brought a tear to my eye hearing her say that. So then the dealing began. She told the dealer exactly what we wanted. She was always told when she was younger that she couldn't have a convertible because they were dangerous, so she told the salesman she wanted a convertible. It also had to be an automatic. I'm a fan of manuals, but the paddle shifters are a compromise and I'm glad this would be a car she would drive also. Only other options we wanted were the sueded microfiber package and navigation. We wanted Crystal Red Tintcoat on black wheels. So the dealer ran a search and found one in another state. The salesman told us what he'd give for our Cayman and named a price for the ZL1 that was lower than the price the dealer who had the car had it listed. She then went to another dealer and asked them what they could do. They gave a little more for the Cayman and took a little more off the ZL1. So that second dealer won our business. I work out of state and only make it home every other weekend, so my wife did the work at the dealer, and I only answered a few questions over the phone. The car was transferred to the dealer earlier this week, and I drove home yesterday and picked up the new ZL1. I'm really excited about this car! Now we have a car/toy that we can enjoy as a family. I picked my 22 month old daughter up early from daycare today, and when I first started the car, she said, "Whooaah!" That's my girl!!

Alright, enough rambling!! Here's a couple pictures.

And we've pretty much been a Ford family. I'm still a huge fan of Fords. This is our first Chevy. So far, after a 1-1/2 days of ownership, I'm extremely happy! Of course, the Mrs. is too. If this was a toy just for me, I would've been looking really hard a '13 Shelby, but I think this ZL1 was the right choice for us. I don't second guess or regret this purchase at all. This car is simply badass!!

And I'm going to talk to a body shop to see about getting the front license plate holder removed, the holes filled, and the bumper repainted. It came already installed on the car, because it came from a state where front plates are the law and the dealer didn't want to give the customer a choice apparently. We don't need them here, so I'd rather clean up the front end. The plate I have in there now is one I had laying around. I'm probably going to get a black plate that says "supercharged" in red letters to stick in there, until I get around to having a body shop work its magic.
Wow! Awesome pictures! Please relay the congratulations to him from us at Chevrolet!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service