Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #15
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
The Comp Billet 7675 triplex Ceramic Bearing turbo is oil less right? meaning i wouldn't have to tap into my oil pan correct?

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:07 PM   #16
bayarea408

Drives: T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_redrum View Post
The Comp Billet 7675 triplex Ceramic Bearing turbo is oil less right? meaning i wouldn't have to tap into my oil pan correct?
research the oil less turbo's and come back,
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #17
ss_redrum

Okay that was a dumb question. I'm double checking that the turbo is oil less. I went ahead and emailed Huron to double check it is.

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
Old 03-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #18
ss_redrum

For any one who still needs to purchase the kit, they added an oil-less option for the Comp turbo

Youtube |Instagram
Old 03-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #19
bayarea408

Drives: T
The last few times i heard the words oil less it was accompanied by about 3 minutes of cursing. the older comp oil less units were not holding up to under hood engine temps and blowing seals. The revised ones have a zerk fitting so you can re-grease them on your own and not send them back in to be refreshed biggest problem with the revised models are that the zerk fitting backs out and disappears this has been a issue for numerous cars. Yes, red lock tite has been applied and failed repeatedly.

Anyone who does opt to go with these turbo's please post up on how they are a holding up after a few weeks of use. I'd love to hear how they hold.

3000-6000 mile in between rebuilds... ill take my PTE turbo

Last edited by bayarea408; 03-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #20
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post
The last few times i heard the words oil less it was accompanied by about 3 minutes of cursing. the older comp oil less units were not holding up to under hood engine temps and blowing seals. The revised ones have a zerk fitting so you can re-grease them on your own and not send them back in to be refreshed biggest problem with the revised models are that the zerk fitting backs out and disappears this has been a issue for numerous cars. Yes, red lock tite has been applied and failed repeatedly.

Anyone who does opt to go with these turbo's please post up on how they are a holding up after a few weeks of use. I'd love to hear how they hold.

3000-6000 mile in between rebuilds... ill take my PTE turbo

I agree... The cartridge for the turbos is such a dynamic area for lubrication. I lost a couple of turbos of a different type than I now run due to poor lubrication. In my case, the orifice's in the supply were improperly sized. (As told me by the manufacturer of the turbo).

Ensure you understand what you are getting. "Oil-less" turbos are still relatively "new" to the market, and most everyone I've spoken with is not a fan... There are some supporters of them, but I'm not sure any of them are actually funding (buying) them and running them on their personal vehicles. That speaks volumes to me...

Like bayarea mentioned, read some online forum comments about oil less turbos. Pulling them repeatedly and often to send them back for greasing, and now losing the zerk fittings added to allow user servicing.... I just think their time isn't here yet....

They seem to be more the area of professional race teams who perform very frequent teardowns...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turbo