Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
GM University Discount Leveraging.

I remember a thread some one posted about discounts for college students and recent college grads. Since I am one I can remember going and registering and not seeing the Camaro on the list.

I did a search on invoice earlier to see if anyone had got invoice pricing and seeing that thread made me wonder. After going back I found that the "Concept Camaro" was now in the list of cars you are "Planning to purchase". Whether that is accurate or not, I have no clue, but I went ahead and put a request through.

I have copies of papers showing that the authorization number I got was for a "concept camaro" and I am currently using that to try to leverage my dealer into at least supplier pricing...

Wish me luck.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindingillusion View Post
I remember a thread some one posted about discounts for college students and recent college grads. Since I am one I can remember going and registering and not seeing the Camaro on the list.

I did a search on invoice earlier to see if anyone had got invoice pricing and seeing that thread made me wonder. After going back I found that the "Concept Camaro" was now in the list of cars you are "Planning to purchase". Whether that is accurate or not, I have no clue, but I went ahead and put a request through.

I have copies of papers showing that the authorization number I got was for a "concept camaro" and I am currently using that to try to leverage my dealer into at least supplier pricing...

Wish me luck.
It's up to the dealer to honor it or not.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
It's up to the dealer to honor it or not.
Oh, I understand that, but hopefully I can use printed documentation that says "for Concept Camaro" to influence the managers decision. Thanks anyway though Scotty. Your input is always welcome as far as I am concerned.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote