Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #449
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
hope to be there just hope i dont get keyed again like last year
I remember that. I hope I don't lock my keys in the car at the host hotel again... lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #450
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
I remember that. I hope I don't lock my keys in the car at the host hotel again... lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note
That was you...
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #451
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
If you’re Upset MAKE it Happen closer to your Home. Start your OWN CAMARO FEST! Peace Brothers and Sister.
This is not the right mentality to have. It's just as bad as the people complaining and threatening to do just that. C5Fest is an event that should try and make everyone happy. That might not be able to happen in a year or 2 but this is a big country and having the event move is good for the simple fact that you're not alienating C5ers every year.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #452
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Maybe CFEST being at Indy again is helping them get ahead of the game for future endeavors.... Just a thought.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #453
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Maybe CFEST being at Indy again is helping them get ahead of the game for future endeavors.... Just a thought.
I would agree, I'll bet since 2013 is booked, they are looking for a possible venue for 2014.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #454
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Well, here is my take on Indy. I didn't go this year because it was there. Could have but did not want to put the milage on the car. Next year I will plan on jumping in with a "Camaravan" coming out of Florida or somewhere here in Georgia. Ill sleep in my trunk or what ever but I plan on making it anyway because I really want to experience a C5F. Even though I really dislike Indiana.

Some where in this 18 page thread I saw someone say that this could split the "Fest" some how. You know what, thats actually not a bad idea to some degree. You could have one in the spring and then one in the fall splitting the country in half by east and west or even north and south during the more appropriate times of the year. It could be the "C5 Fall Bash" in Texas some time around Sept/Oct ish, and have the "C5 Spring Sling" up in Kansas some time in April. Topeka, KS has a place called Heartland Park with a 1/4 mile drag strip and a 2.5 road course. Multiple hotels near by and its right off an interstate. I would list places in Texas but there are to many to list and besides they have the "Texas Mile". I do understand why it hasn't been in Texas though. I mean let's face, if C5F ever makes it to Texas it will probably never leave (*Texan). Anyway, just throwing my .02 in since everyone else has.

Last edited by naSSty1; 11-28-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Because I am from Texas
naSSty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #455
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSX_Camaro View Post
I would agree, I'll bet since 2013 is booked, they are looking for a possible venue for 2014.

I would be willing to bet they are looking to get the fest set one to two years out. Having it at Indy again is a smart way to get ahead. Sometimes you have to step back before you can go forward. (Not that Indy is a step back but you get what I mean)

As of right now only the Mods see the "Big Picture".
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #456
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Why all the dislike of Indiana?

Yea call me biased as I have lived in the state for all of my 33 yrs

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #457
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Indy......
AGREED!
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #458
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Why all the dislike of Indiana?

Yea call me biased as I have lived in the state for all of my 33 yrs

Ryan
It's not the location itself that people are upset about; it's the fact that they are holding the event in the same place as last year. imo it screwed out the 99% of the west coast bringing their cars out.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #459
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

I would be willing to bet they are looking to get the fest set one to two years out. Having it at Indy again is a smart way to get ahead. Sometimes you have to step back before you can go forward. (Not that Indy is a step back but you get what I mean)

As of right now only the Mods see the "Big Picture".
Would be cool. Pretty damned optimistic of you fellas, but would be cool.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #460
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
This is not the right mentality to have. It's just as bad as the people complaining and threatening to do just that. C5Fest is an event that should try and make everyone happy. That might not be able to happen in a year or 2 but this is a big country and having the event move is good for the simple fact that you're not alienating C5ers every year.
Trying to make everyone happy is the end goal. When selections are made each year this same thing happens. I know you personally are dissapointed it did not move "this time" as you had hoped. But we as Texans have seen the fest in three complete different directions and the drive has been almost identical distances. I too hope to see it closer. What I would like to see is you or someone in your area find us a hotel location where we could use the Texas Motorplex somewhere down the line. Eventually when this thing is mature we will have a rotation nailed down and everyone will know. This repeat venue is a major step in the maturization process. Sorry you'll have to wait another year or less if it's South and in the spring.

Quote:
You have great thoughts. In order to bring the Fest South again it must move to Spring. (which brings on a whole new group of compaints). So making a move South limits the amout of time to plan.

Disclaimer: I have no idea about Southern location or Spring plans
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #461
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
WHAT ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post

70,000 members and you going to make them all HAPPY ????? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT>
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #462
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Having the venue less than 2 miles from my home is very convenient, however I miss out on the caravans and such as others participate to get here

There are pros and cons for everyone.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote