Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Billet Bowties from ChevyMall

This is my installation of the Billet Bowties from ChevyMall.com

These are Black and cost $135. They did not come with instructions, but it looked pretty self explanatory. First I have never done this so don't be too hard on me if I did it wrong LOL

First I set them on my furnace vent to warm them, since it is chilly out today.
Then I cleaned off my bowties on my car and wiped them down with rubbing alcohol.
Next I took my hair dryer to my bowties to warm them up.
These came with 3M tape already on them, so I just peeled and stuck. Pretty easy.
OK, so they are fairly heavy. They look nice but seem kind of thick. They do come with a 4yr. warranty.

Yes I know my car is dirty my driveway is under construction

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Looks great!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
Downwithopp

Drives: 2010 Black SS
I put the exact ones on this weekend as well. I didn't stick them right onto the stock ones though. I removed the stock golden part and they sat into the chrome casing perfectly so they dont look so bulgy.

Thats probably why they are so thick looking :P.
Downwithopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Angelina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwithopp View Post
I put the exact ones on this weekend as well. I didn't stick them right onto the stock ones though. I removed the stock golden part and they sat into the chrome part perfectly so they dont look so bulgy.

Thats probably why they are so thick looking :P.

I sooo wish I would have asked before I did this...I wondered how to get those out. Any ideas now that they are stuck??

Old 10-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Downwithopp

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Maybe try reheating them, taking them off and cleaning/retaping and starting over? They don't look bad at all! I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

Removing the emblem on the front was a pain in the ass, the back not so much though.
Downwithopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
Angelina

May I ask how did you remove them? What tools did you use?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Angelina,
Please call me at 714-630-9700. We strive for perfection, and since it wasn't clear we want to fix this for you so your new car looks PERFECT. Thanks for your purchase through Chevy Mall, and we are going to get this fixed for you!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

DefenderWorx bowtie replacements

Replacement Bowtie Installation Instructions

Front Bowtie: Reach both hands underneath the factory bowtie housing (whole chrome piece) on each side. Feel around for the two clips on the back of the bowtie housing. Pull both of the clips down and forcefully pull/wiggle the bowtie housing out. Flip over the housing and poke out the gold bowtie through the back using a flat head screwdriver and the four holes on the back of the bowtie housing unit. Clean the area and replace with the DefenderWorx Bowtie. Snap the bowtie housing back into place on the grill and enjoy your new DefenderWorx Replacement Bowtie.

Back Bowtie: Take the largest size drill bit that you have and slowly begin to drill through the middle of the factory gold bowtie. As you drill deeper eventually there will be white shavings coming off of the gold bowtie. When you drill through the gold bowtie stop drilling and take a flat
head screw driver and/or a small pick device and pop out the factory bowtie threw the drilling in the middle. After you have removed all of the existing gold factory bowtie, now take your new DefenderWorx Replacement Bowtie and remove the film from the 3M Automotive tape. Place the DefenderWorx Bowtie in the middle of the housing where the old factory bowtie was and enjoy!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
Angelina

Thank you for the info. I would have called, did not read this until tonight.
I did try to remove the front one but that 3M tape is a bugger. I will most likely leave it until it starts to give or have my paint guy take a look at it.

Thanks again!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

I can send you new tape if you wish, or if you want, pull it off, send it back, and we'll retape it. We really want you to be happy! And we want it to be perfect for you too!