Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
RPI Designs

Drives: 2016 SS 6 Spd
Important Information about RPI Designs - We need our help!

Dear Fellow Camaro Fans,

UPDATE: **We lost our CAMARO ZL1 Style Front Splitter mold in the fire. We need one from a previous customer. IF you are willing to "lend" to us for a week, we'll build a new mold and send back to you. We will pay shipping both ways and give you $50 towards a future RPI purchase. We appreciate your help. **

The entire story, w/pictures is here: www.facebook.com/rpidesigns

Renee and I received terrible news as about 4:30am this morning that our shop had caught fire. I threw on some clothes and took the 5 minute drive to the shop. When I got there the fires was almost out, but the entire structure was nearly burned to the ground.

We had insurance on the building and on the inventory. We are rebuilding.

As many of you know, we are busier than we have even been with painted part orders and carbon fiber orders. This won't help that situation. I have made a few calls today to find a place to rent, where we can setup shop until the new shop gets rebuilt. I understand if you are unable or unwilling to wait for your painted parts to ship out. Our phones will be open on Monday, 888.257.8515 ext 2 (Don), if you need information on your order.

If you have an order pending with us, we are doing to do our best to get up and running as quickly as possible again. But please expect 2-3 weeks for this to happen. Once that happens we will start to paint what we can. Please keep in mind, we had 6 paint booths at the old shop and will most likely have 2 paint booths to start at the rental location, until we get the shop built again.

We are going to go on our website today and remove the option to purchase any painted or carbon fiber parts, until we get running smoothly. We will still ship other parts out like we normally did, either drop shipped from the manufacturer, or with orders that are rolling in each day for our normal inventory.

We might be asking for some of our parts back from you guys, so we can re-build our molds and continue to make new products in fiberglass. I'll edit this post and let you guys know what parts we need back in our hands (on a loan) to copy and build new molds, so we can pick up the pieces and start over.

RPI Designs currently has 18 employees not counting Renee and I. We are all going to work to make RPI stronger than ever and appreciate your patience with us as we move forward.

UPDATE: The damage is beyond repair. It's a total loss. Renee and I found a possible location to move the business to...An old Ford Dealership that is half again the size of our old shop. If we are able to move into this new location, we will be up and running full speed in just a few short weeks..

Thank you
Josh and Renee Greenawalt
RPI Designs, LLC
RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #2
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Glad to hear that nobody was hurt! You guys will be up and running in no time!
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #3
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Wow, sorry to hear about this! Good luck with everything! I'm sure you'll be back soon!
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Wow that's terrible, at least everyone is ok. I'm sure you will be up and running in no time. Good luck! Oh and you said "We need our help" lol..
Old 05-04-2014, 01:18 AM   #5
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
Glad everyone is safe. The building and contents can be replaced. Wishing you well in a speedy recovery of the business
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote