Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-29-2018, 09:56 PM   #211
bensf

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Light clunking after my 7th track day. Passenger side nut backed out slightly. Noise went away after tightening. Nord-Locks ordered in case it backs out again. Thanks for the information guys!
bensf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #212
staripley

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
same here

Mine started today. 2018 1LE. Have apt Friday to bring into dealer.
staripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:06 PM   #213
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Ugh, this is ridiculous. Just a matter of time I guess. I only have 1100 miles.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:21 AM   #214
JC 1LE

Drives: 2017 Krypton green 1LE
Had the same issue w/ mine after the first track day. Car had only 800 miles
JC 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:26 AM   #215
JC 1LE

Drives: 2017 Krypton green 1LE
Also, car is not holding the alignment after every track event she needs a new one!

https://youtu.be/hKzhf_uJtMs
JC 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #216
Bx Tpr

Drives: 22 ZLE 6MT
I dropped the car off with the dealer and they replaced the endlink nuts with the new ones. I get a call today telling me the clunking is still there and that they’ll be replacing the driver side strut next. Has anyone had a dssv strut replaced yet? Lol
Bx Tpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #217
Bx Tpr

Got the car back from the dealer and the updated endlink nuts didn’t fix the issue. They then replaced the front driver side strut and the clunk is gone......for now lol
Old 05-09-2018, 04:10 PM   #218
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr View Post
Got the car back from the dealer and the updated endlink nuts didn’t fix the issue. They then replaced the front driver side strut and the clunk is gone......for now lol
Ty for the update Sir. Had mine in too, and presented them with copy of your findings/video and some of the other possibilities from the forum. They re-torqued all front suspension components and blamed a "bent rim" on BOTH left front and rear. I have two new rims in garage awaiting two new SC3R's to arrive to throwout that bs/theory. I feel it in steering wheel so its something up front.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #219
Bx Tpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Ty for the update Sir. Had mine in too, and presented them with copy of your findings/video and some of the other possibilities from the forum. They re-torqued all front suspension components and blamed a "bent rim" on BOTH left front and rear. I have two new rims in garage awaiting two new SC3R's to arrive to throwout that bs/theory. I feel it in steering wheel so its something up front.
When I asked them why they replaced the shock they told they called some hotline that tells them the steps to take until the issue is resolved. Step 1 was end link nuts. Step 2 was shock replacement. I honestly don't thing you need to be a mechanic anymore to get hired but some of these service departments.

I asked them to check the steering rack and tie rod three times and they would just totally ignore what I was saying lol
Old 05-10-2018, 12:16 PM   #220
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
When I asked them why they replaced the shock they told they called some hotline that tells them the steps to take until the issue is resolved. Step 1 was end link nuts. Step 2 was shock replacement. I honestly don't thing you need to be a mechanic anymore to get hired but some of these service departments.

I asked them to check the steering rack and tie rod three times and they would just totally ignore what I was saying lol
Yup. I've told dealerships numerous times what to do and they just ignore me. I've pretty much given up. Especially with aftermarket struts. It's like those have made the dealership even less interested in touching anything.

My main issue though now is when I go over a speed bump I feel/hear a second clunk/bump sound up front in the wheel after the car has finished the bump. Almost like something shifting up front afterwards. It's disconcerting.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #221
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Just had my endlinks and swaybar brackets tightened and clunk still there lol gonna have to inspect and tighten steering rack or something who knows and still only left side
Old 05-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #222
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Yup. I've told dealerships numerous times what to do and they just ignore me. I've pretty much given up. Especially with aftermarket struts. It's like those have made the dealership even less interested in touching anything.

My main issue though now is when I go over a speed bump I feel/hear a second clunk/bump sound up front in the wheel after the car has finished the bump. Almost like something shifting up front afterwards. It's disconcerting.
what aftermarket struts do you have? lol i might have to replace my strut next if they cant figure this shit out
Old 05-15-2018, 05:57 AM   #223
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Quote:
So instead of dealing with these sleazy service departments around here I figured I’d go the NordLock route myself. Ordered the BMR endlinks because of the more robust design along with nylock flanged nuts. Important to note there are two sizes of the nordlock washers and if you’re using the oem nut or another flanged nut you should order the larger OD size. Here’s a comparison.
Good morning
I’ve got the small nordlock waiting to do the mod...
I can’t find the ref of the larger ones.
Could you please give us the reference of the larger Nordlock washers?
And if able ref and link of the BMR endlinks?
Appreciate
Tx
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:54 AM   #224
Bx Tpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Good morning
I’ve got the small nordlock waiting to do the mod...
I can’t find the ref of the larger ones.
Could you please give us the reference of the larger Nordlock washers?
And if able ref and link of the BMR endlinks?
Appreciate
Tx
https://www.fastenal.com/products/no...E0.510%22$%7C~

The ‘large OD’ is obviously the larger washer set.