Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #29
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
wow.. a stand alone ECU?
You can run a full stand-alone (We run the AEM EMS in our single-turbo Z06) but it is a bit over-kill and pricey to do so on an application such as this.

We were able to run 21psi and make 1133rwhp on the Z06 before we pulled the factory computer out in favor of a stand-alone. Most Camaros (V6 or V8) will never see that kind of power. The GM computers are typically very very good so it is just a matter of spending the time on this particular box.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #30
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
I'm from Columbus and if you guys need a test mule I'd gladly lend you mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
I have put some numbers together utilizing much of the same materials we use on our SS Turbo Kit ( http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309 ) minus a change in turbos. We could use the same turbos but the cost would be much more than most are willing to spend I would assume.

Based off running some quick numbers I don't see why a solid quality twin kit couldn't be put together in the $5-6k range depending on options. The turbo choice will dictate power but I would think 400 - 450rwhp would be on the conservative side of things. Most stock LS3 SS cars put down 365-370rwhp on our DynoJet for comparison.

If there are any local owners that would be interested in talking to me further about a kit and more specifics please shoot me a PM on here or an email to:

sales@ipsmotorsports.net

Thanks,
Jeff
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 AM   #31
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
wow.. a stand alone ECU?
ya as of now, if something like hp comes out before i get my kit done then i will go that way but for right now thats the plan im just not big on doing a tune over emails the guys that work on my car are top noch and i would rather them do all the tunning anyway. and yes a stand alone is WAY overkill but if other companys dont step up then its my only option.....that and i get killer deals on parts
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #32
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
RHD, Are you doing a twin or single?
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #33
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
twins, not sure what turbos yet im leaving it up to the guys doing the kit, but im doing a custom intakemanifold, twin turbos with the stand alone and then the nitrous kit i have im gonna keep it on and spray a 55 shot till i get boost, its all just money.....i dont have any lol, it will most likley be done in time for spring. BTW how are the gears treating you? was it a big jump in performance.......how is your mpg doing?
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #34
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
twins, not sure what turbos yet im leaving it up to the guys doing the kit, but im doing a custom intakemanifold, twin turbos with the stand alone and then the nitrous kit i have im gonna keep it on and spray a 55 shot till i get boost
Are you building the engine I assume? If not, you won't need any nitrous to spool the turbos on a stock short-block. Using nitrous to pre-spool is only advantageous when you are running a MUCH larger turbo than the engine can spool. To do that on a large V6 you would have to use the same GT35R's we do on the SS cars (Or even bigger). Large GT28s or small GT30's will spool-up really well on the V6
Jeff
Old 10-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #35
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
I sent you a PM Jeff
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #36
mattmiller85

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS 6-speed ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWithEnvy View Post
I sent you a PM Jeff
Me too...
mattmiller85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #37
radarwz
Boost All the Time!

Drives: 2005 pontiac GTO Twin Turbo
Quote:
There are a currently a couple options available but we would prefer to get something worked out with HP Tuners or SCT if possible. If we feel there is enough interest in a kit to invest the time in R&D we will have a solid tuning option that will be available with the kit
Jeff
HP Tuners has been contacted numerous time by a lot of people in both the Camaro & CTS communities regarding V6 tuning and the answer (as of this month) is always no and it's a low priority for them.

'56 Chev 3100 p/u Black, 400 v8 3spd on the tree.
!
radarwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #38
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarwz View Post
HP Tuners has been contacted numerous time by a lot of people in both the Camaro & CTS communities regarding V6 tuning and the answer (as of this month) is always no and it's a low priority for them.
Agreed. SCT says they do have something "In the works" but not ETA as of yet. We will see if we can hurry one of them up along quicker
Jeff
Old 10-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #39
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
your price is very nice. the big problem is the shipping (for us in Canada) and then the install (for everyone). I love the idea of a TT V6 but how many of us can actually afford it? not me, not right now anyway. but the interest is there no doubt....

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #40
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
your price is very nice. the big problem is the shipping (for us in Canada) and then the install (for everyone). I love the idea of a TT V6 but how many of us can actually afford it? not me, not right now anyway. but the interest is there no doubt....
Am I missing the price somewhere in this thread?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #41
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
I have put some numbers together utilizing much of the same materials we use on our SS Turbo Kit ( http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309 ) minus a change in turbos. We could use the same turbos but the cost would be much more than most are willing to spend I would assume.

Based off running some quick numbers I don't see why a solid quality twin kit couldn't be put together in the $5-6k range depending on options. The turbo choice will dictate power but I would think 400 - 450rwhp would be on the conservative side of things. Most stock LS3 SS cars put down 365-370rwhp on our DynoJet for comparison.

If there are any local owners that would be interested in talking to me further about a kit and more specifics please shoot me a PM on here or an email to:

sales@ipsmotorsports.net

Thanks,
Jeff
from the first post

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #42
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
from the first post
Ahh yes, the last place you'd expect it

That's for just the kit right? Would a TT install be significantly more than a single?