Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #337
Rizzo
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I dropped my car off at the dealership today for the PDIM update. This is their first update, so they get to use my car as a guinea pig. I will let you all know how it goes.
I had the software updated to version CE. The hardware version is stil CC.
The bad news: The issue still exists.

I set my iPod Nano on a playlist. When I turn off the car, wait, and restart it, the system "forgets" the playlist it is on and defaults back to the first song alphabetically on the iPod.

Any other ideas?

[Running latest 5th Gen iPod Nano with software version 1.01]
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #338
codeman71
GM Employee
 
codeman71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I had the software updated to version CE. The hardware version is stil CC.
The bad news: The issue still exists.

I set my iPod Nano on a playlist. When I turn off the car, wait, and restart it, the system "forgets" the playlist it is on and defaults back to the first song alphabetically on the iPod.

Any other ideas?

[Running latest 5th Gen iPod Nano with software version 1.01]
This is the second report I've seen with the 5th gen iPod Nano having trouble and it forgets where it was after the car is turned off and back on. I let the software team know about the issue so they can investigate it. Thanks for the info.

Does anybody else have the new 5th gen iPod Nano with this problem?
__________________
I work for GM and I designed the interface for the Camaro USB and Bluetooth audio streaming interface. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about how the USB or Bluetooth works!

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #339
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,295
GM supposedly told my dealer that they had to order a new PDIM unit. Said it would not
update. So that is what they are doing. Does this sound right?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #340
billw501
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Evans, GA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I dropped my car off at the dealership today for the PDIM update. This is their first update, so they get to use my car as a guinea pig .

I will let you all know how it goes.

-Rizzo
I'm in the same boat. They've had it since yesterday. Called to let me know they couldn't get it updated and could they have it another day. At least they are trying considering they didn't know what I was talking about at first. Hopefully they will have better luck today.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #341
A.J.
 
A.J.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Impala
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
GM supposedly told my dealer that they had to order a new PDIM unit. Said it would not
update. So that is what they are doing. Does this sound right?
My dealer told me the same thing. New PDIM came in today. First clear/dry day we have (that I an sneak away from work) I'll take it in.
__________________
Ordered on 10-14-08 - Silver Ice Metallic/Black Leather 2SS/RS, 6 Spd, Sunroof, Polished Wheels. Build date: 04-17-09, VIN 3978, Delivered 04/29/09! Sold on 04-16-2012 :(
ZL1 Ordered on 10-29-11 - Silver Ice Metallic, 6 Spd, Sunroof, Polished Wheels, Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert. Build date: 05/17/12, VIN 1415. Delivered 05/30/12!!!! Sold 05/28/12
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #342
rcracer78
 
rcracer78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 211
My car forgets the Ipod is there everytime I start the car. I have to unplug it from the usb and plub it back in. I don't want to do this everytime I get in the car. I'll be going to the dealer soon.
rcracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #343
Rizzo
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer78 View Post
My car forgets the Ipod is there every time I start the car. I have to unplug it from the usb and plub it back in. I don't want to do this every time I get in the car. I'll be going to the dealer soon.
The software update to version CE fixed that particular issue for me. It also corrected the issue where the radio always defaults to the iPod after a restart.

Two issues fixed, one more to go!

Thanks in advance to Codeman71 for his help and persistence in figuring this out.

-Rizzo
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #344
Rizzo
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
This is the second report I've seen with the 5th gen iPod Nano having trouble and it forgets where it was after the car is turned off and back on. I let the software team know about the issue so they can investigate it. Thanks for the info. Does anybody else have the new 5th gen iPod Nano with this problem?
I have done a bit of Googling and discovered this issue is not unique to the 2010 Camaro. I saw a few posts with a BMW and also a Cadillac having the same issue.

Is it possible that while starting the car, the voltage drop is enough to intorduce some sort of signal into the iPod that causes it to do some sort of "soft reset"?

** just fishing here **

-Rizzo
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #345
billw501
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Evans, GA
Posts: 244
Well, two days and they still couldn't update to CE. They didn't even know how to check. I will test with a thumb drive to see if the car switches to USB from any other source and go from there.

What I'm being told is an older iPod that isn't supported will cause the system to change to USB on start up and if you don't have your iPhone in airplane mode before you crank up it will cause the system to change to USB on start up.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #346
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by billw501 View Post
What I'm being told is an older iPod that isn't supported will cause the system to change to USB on start up and if you don't have your iPhone in airplane mode before you crank up it will cause the system to change to USB on start up.
That's correct for the older firmware. But they fixed that in the latest firmware. It should start on whatever you last had it on.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #347
codeman71
GM Employee
 
codeman71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by billw501 View Post
Well, two days and they still couldn't update to CE. They didn't even know how to check. I will test with a thumb drive to see if the car switches to USB from any other source and go from there.

What I'm being told is an older iPod that isn't supported will cause the system to change to USB on start up and if you don't have your iPhone in airplane mode before you crank up it will cause the system to change to USB on start up.
Man that's frustrating! I'm so sorry that you're being given the run around on your vehicle. It makes absolutely no difference the type of iPod you're using or airplane more or anything. It's a bug in the software that needs to be updated in your vehicle. Please give this number a call and let them know about the trouble you are having: 1-800-508-3060. If you still have trouble after calling this number, let me know and I'll get it escalated within.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but hopefully we can get this fixed for you soon!
__________________
I work for GM and I designed the interface for the Camaro USB and Bluetooth audio streaming interface. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about how the USB or Bluetooth works!

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #348
rcracer78
 
rcracer78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 211
codeman71,

sometimes when I get in the car. It will not remember my ipod. I have to unplug the usb and plug it back in. If I go to my dealer for the pdim update, will it resolve this issue? Also, I get a little crackling in the sound every now and then when I play my ipod. Is this normal?
rcracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #349
Greyfox
 
Greyfox's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 84
Hey codeman I ordered my camaro on the 5th of this month. I didn't add the pdim option because I have been looking through this forum and decided to wait until all of the bugs are worked out. I plan on using an Ipod in the car when it comes. Do you think there will still be many issues by the time december rolls around?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #350
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Hey codeman I ordered my camaro on the 5th of this month. I didn't add the pdim option because I have been looking through this forum and decided to wait until all of the bugs are worked out. I plan on using an Ipod in the car when it comes. Do you think there will still be many issues by the time december rolls around?
You can use the Aux port (and control it with the iPod) fine. If you do choose to get the PDIM installed so you can use it via USB, it should work fine for the most part. The remaining issues (which have no fix in sight) are pretty much with non-iPod devices only.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Details about PDIM & Bluetooth functionality & upgrading your non C&C car with them Matt'sSS Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 55 02-09-2015 08:56 AM
USB port intermittent... shall we compile a list of PDIM failures? JDBeck23 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 49 09-01-2009 02:57 AM
Potential Huge Problem.... 2010 Camaro Nose Cracks (UPDATE: NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL!) Nine Ball 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 328 05-03-2009 09:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.