Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #379
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I have a 5th gen 8GB iPod nano that I always leave in my center console and I have PDIM version CD. When I start my car and/or select the iPod, it is very random whether it remembers what playlist and song I was on, or if it starts with the default first song. Also occasionally, my iPod isn't recognized so I look and it's locked up and I need to reset it. Could I expect PDIM version CE to resolve either of these issues?
4200: 7/24/09 | 6000: 8/6/09
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #380
k0jdd

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro / Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRPHX View Post
I have a 5th gen 8GB iPod nano that I always leave in my center console and I have PDIM version CD. When I start my car and/or select the iPod, it is very random whether it remembers what playlist and song I was on, or if it starts with the default first song. Also occasionally, my iPod isn't recognized so I look and it's locked up and I need to reset it. Could I expect PDIM version CE to resolve either of these issues?
I never recall seeing symptom 1, but symptom 2 is definitely addressed.

K0JDD
Traded- 2014 2LT V6 Automatic / Red Hot w/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / Sunroof
VIN 2G1FC1E31E9202653
Traded - 2010 2LT V6 Manual / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / R6P
VIN 2G1FG1EV3A9112601
Sold - 1999 2LT V6 Automatic / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / T-Tops
VIN {Still Searching for it...}
k0jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #381
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRPHX View Post
+1 - new 5th gen iPod nano - same randomness - often heads to first alphabetical song (which I've now set as the Turtles' late 60's Camaro commercial from iTunes just for fun by putting an "aa" in front of the title to drive it to the top). It happens more during a short stop for coffee then on re-start it does it - overnight rarely happens...

codeman71 thought that fact that I have my Sirius Starmate always connected and on may confuse the PDIM - he advised to turn-off the Starmate but I didn't just for the convenience of it always on and deal with the iPod issues.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #382
Temper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I can say for sure that the Zune HD DRM music does NOT WORK. So far my iPOD 32GB touch has worked well.

Coderman:

Why not just write a file to the root of the installed device, say /camaro.dat, that would have all the indexing data in it? Then it would be simple. You wouldn't have to index on every power on, and you wouldn't have a 1500 song limit!
Temper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #383
MLS

Drives: Inferno Orange Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
question, are there ANY dealers in Houston who have applied the PDIM update yet? I'm dealing with some serious *%#*(_o_)@# $&*@s's and would like to have someone else do it. The guys who looked into figuring out my problem by running "just tests" and then gave my car back to me with On* not working now..., can't even get the update and haven't called me back yet that they received the new communications module from On* (which they ordered 3 and half weeks ago). Codeman has been trying to help me but these guys don't seem to want any help. I've e-mailed them everything codeman told me and still nothing.

It's a little bit of a drive, but I went from my dealer in Tomball down to the Don Davis dealership in Bay City - to buy my Camaro. And they were grreat! The other day I was having some pipes installed and reading this forum in the showroom while waiting. Was able to print out the PDIM updates recommended for my vin number. They were very happy to have my assistance and applied all the updates before I left. I highly recommend these folks.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #384
Schuby
Vroooom!

Has anyone noticed the Camaro PDIM fights the iPod with certain artists when using the fast scroll alphabet select?

I have Michael Buble in my list, which seems to be in the right place if I go artist by artist, but when I use the fast scroll alphabet feature it seems to pick Michael Buble when choosing 'M' when it should be under 'B'. Navigating the iPod itself also puts him under 'B' just not on the PDIM.

It happens with a few artists I have, just gets annoying.
Schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 AM   #385
Temper

I also notice that if you go to the song list and scroll backward quickly, all the song names will become the same one and then you cannot scroll up OR down. you have to go back and try again.

Good way to cause a distraction.

This radio seems pretty buggy and rushed.
Temper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #386
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
+1 - new 5th gen iPod nano - same randomness - often heads to first alphabetical song (which I've now set as the Turtles' late 60's Camaro commercial from iTunes just for fun by putting an "aa" in front of the title to drive it to the top). It happens more during a short stop for coffee then on re-start it does it - overnight rarely happens...

codeman71 thought that fact that I have my Sirius Starmate always connected and on may confuse the PDIM - he advised to turn-off the Starmate but I didn't just for the convenience of it always on and deal with the iPod issues.
Right now it's looking more like it's the 5th Gen iPod Nano. Multiple people have reported that their Nano forgets where it was when they start the car up. I told the PDIM team about this so they'll be investigatin it. Not sure if it's a problem on our end or Apple's. Somebody else said that other systems were having the same problem, not just our vehicles.

Hopefully there's an update soon!

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #387
baclarsen

Drives: 2010 Camaro lt1
I'm sure this question has already been asked but i can't find it anywhere, is it possible to get the cc package dealer installed?
regretting not getting it.....
baclarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #388
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclarsen View Post
I'm sure this question has already been asked but i can't find it anywhere, is it possible to get the cc package dealer installed?
regretting not getting it.....
I don't think it's been asked recently but just so we're all on the same page, according to the Chevy website, this is the C&C package:

Quote:
  • Bluetooth for phone
  • wireless PDIM, USB port
  • steering wheel mounted audio controls
  • leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • leather-wrapped shift knob
  • cargo convenience net
  • remote vehicle starter system when 6-speed automatic transmission
The PDIM and cargo net can be installed by dealer. Not sure about the other stuff.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #389
baclarsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
I don't think it's been asked recently but just so we're all on the same page, according to the Chevy website, this is the C&C package:

The PDIM and cargo net can be installed by dealer. Not sure about the other stuff.
OH Ok I was under the inpression that this did not add bluetooth for phone, only bluetooth for music. Does this in fact add bluetooth for phone?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #390
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
OH Ok I was under the inpression that this did not add bluetooth for phone, only bluetooth for music. Does this in fact add bluetooth for phone?
Sorry, Bluetooth for music only.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #391
baclarsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Sorry, Bluetooth for music only.
HMMMM any way to add phone bluetooth?

Besides aftermarket.....
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #392
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
HMMMM any way to add phone bluetooth?
Good question. I think the other Bluetooth module is apart of the Onstar "box". Not 100% sure though.