Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
glc55

 
glc55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 1,114
Who going to CF 2015

Any one going to Camaro Fest 2015? A nice long drive to Kentucky ? lol Greg
__________________
glc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
Edlocs
IECC
 
Edlocs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 355
Dang another fest in the east coast . Maybe time for another mini west coast fest like the one Stillen hosted.
__________________
2SS/RS IBM
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 3,051
yea......NOT. That's the lame thing they wont even acknowledge that we haven't had a fest even remotely close to us other than texas going on four years now
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
ron10


 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LOUISVILLE,KY..
Posts: 7,548
just made my reservations.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
just made my reservations.
It means a lot to have you guys... Hope to roll out the red carpet for CA.

TX was pretty pissed at Fest 4 and then they got theirs in 2014. Guarantee we are already looking your direction for 2016.

Hang in there and thanks for understanding.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 3,586
Sorry, but it hasn't been anywhere near us for 4 years, which really sucks...it would be nice if it was within a days drive of us, which the midwest/middle of country has enjoyed the last 4 years....
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #7
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Sorry, but it hasn't been anywhere near us for 4 years, which really sucks...it would be nice if it was within a days drive of us, which the midwest/middle of country has enjoyed the last 4 years....
Completely understand... 1st 4 years it was a 2 day drive for the Texas crew as well. 5th year is a charm and hopefully we can make an announcement at BG that we're going to Fontana, Vegas or Chandler etc. Also hope we can enlist your help along the way. Hotel is the KEY.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Completely understand... 1st 4 years it was a 2 day drive for the Texas crew as well. 5th year is a charm and hopefully we can make an announcement at BG that we're going to Fontana, Vegas or Chandler etc. Also hope we can enlist your help along the way. Hotel is the KEY.
I understand the Texas groups frustration but the strove to include you guys and went there last year what I don't understand is how they have two feats out there and then go to Texas and now we go back out there it's like the west part of the country isn't even included. It should go west coast to the mid west to the east and then southern states all should get a chance rather than primarily play with the middle part of the country and the east for going on 5 out of 6 years
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
I understand the Texas groups frustration but the strove to include you guys and went there last year what I don't understand is how they have two feats out there and then go to Texas and now we go back out there it's like the west part of the country isn't even included. It should go west coast to the mid west to the east and then southern states all should get a chance rather than primarily play with the middle part of the country and the east for going on 5 out of 6 years
If there was anyway possible to do it out West this year it would be done.

Too many variables to debate as to why it didn't happen, but I can assure you just like it was in Texas... the West was top of the list.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #10
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,510
FWIW, almost half of the tracks we called were in AZ NV and CA. Price, Dates and GM's Availability were all a factor.

Some of the tracks out west never even called us back...

Again, I know it doesn't help. But we tried to give the West a fighting chance for C5F6.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,974
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Sorry, but it hasn't been anywhere near us for 4 years, which really sucks...it would be nice if it was within a days drive of us, which the midwest/middle of country has enjoyed the last 4 years....
Its ok Dannie we will find something to do...
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
FWIW, almost half of the tracks we called were in AZ NV and CA. Price, Dates and GM's Availability were all a factor.

Some of the tracks out west never even called us back...

Again, I know it doesn't help. But we tried to give the West a fighting chance for C5F6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If there was anyway possible to do it out West this year it would be done.

Too many variables to debate as to why it didn't happen, but I can assure you just like it was in Texas... the West was top of the list.

Not saying you guys did anything wron at all I just have had two camaros now and really love this site and the people around here and would have just liked to been able to at least try and take place in the fest but Kentucky is ridiculously far
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #13
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Not saying you guys did anything wron at all I just have had two camaros now and really love this site and the people around here and would have just liked to been able to at least try and take place in the fest but Kentucky is ridiculously far
...and that's really what it's about. Getting to meet and hang out with cyber friends from the forum. We are still actively trying to get this thing back out there. We know it must move around for this to happen but damn it's tough to get all the pieces to fall in place. Sorry it didn't happen this time but it ain't done yet.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #14
Edlocs
IECC
 
Edlocs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
just made my reservations.

hmm anyone else notice his location
__________________
2SS/RS IBM
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.