Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
OddJob

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I asked my dealer a specific question.

I emailed my salesman yesterday with a specific question "how many are on the list and how many allocations do you get a week?"

He called and left a msg today. He said that GM takes them in order and it should be mid-Oct before GM picks up my order. I ordered 8/21.

He did not answer either question. Is this normal?

I'm in California, and I'm willing to travel the state, but I'm not willing to purchase a car outside of CA.

Thoughts?
OddJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
is it normal that your salesman didn't answer your direct question? YES, many times they are not very good at communication. Get him on the phone and ask him that very question again, and if he tells you the same thing, tell him, you did NOT answer my question, do I need to take my business somewhere else to get a straight answer?? or to the owner?? and see what he has to say. after all HE WORKS FOR YOU, not the other way around.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
I agree with Sir Nuke. Nuke where in South Texas you from?
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Nachos!!
Whos new car? NACHOS! HA

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS M6
Most salesmen dont know the answeres to those questions, atleast they dont around here. I started calling and asking for the new car sales manager and he answeres my questions no problem.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
I agree with Sir Nuke. Nuke where in South Texas you from?
jrboyd, I live in Bay City, near Wharton, southeast of Houston. I have been working in the nuclear industry for 33 years, hence my name.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
ProstZ28

Drives: 79 Pro Street Z28,2010 2SS RS
talk to the sales manager he/she should be able to print your order workbench,(mine did) if no good answer i would go else where!!! but thats just my opinion.
CARBON FIBER LOOK EMBLEM OVERLAYS,
SIDE MARKER & REVERSE LAMP BLACK-OUT
20% TINT ON ALL GLASS EXCEPT W/SHIELD
NL PERFORMANCE DOVETAIL SPOILER,
GM HERITAGE PAINTED GRILLE'
MORE TO COME!!!!
ProstZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
linton23

Drives: 1996 Honda ACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJob View Post
I emailed my salesman yesterday with a specific question "how many are on the list and how many allocations do you get a week?"

He called and left a msg today. He said that GM takes them in order and it should be mid-Oct before GM picks up my order. I ordered 8/21.

He did not answer either question. Is this normal?

I'm in California, and I'm willing to travel the state, but I'm not willing to purchase a car outside of CA.

Thoughts?
He should be able to tell you how many they have on there list as far as allocation we get told that we will have so many per month in our case 1 per month so far but we dont know when that month they will come up for order.
linton23 is offline   Reply With Quote