Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
senior has always been a car guy too, hus barn is full(yes i mean full) of gtos like the judge and shit. and owns a zr1 vette als and a caddy ctsv.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
mrfuelie

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Money

Yes they have all this stuff, but I seem to remember a bankruptcy for senior to in the not to distant past. Funny the things they can't touch. I guess this works the same for all of us......
mrfuelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
urbancamarofan

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram
American Chopper and Hot cars.
urbancamarofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
If Sr drives a ZR-1 then I may sell mine. Saw them in Daytona a few years back After a kid on crutches had stood in line for an hour to by t shirts. they wanted another $20. for an autograph!
SPOOKYGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfuelie View Post
Yes they have all this stuff, but I seem to remember a bankruptcy for senior to in the not to distant past. Funny the things they can't touch. I guess this works the same for all of us......
It wasn't bankruptcy, it was a foreclosure. When the economy tanked, sales fell and they (OCC) were trying to renegotiate the mortgage on the new shops property. The bank and OCC went back and OCC didn't make a few payments and word got out that OCC had missed a few payments and people wondered if they would get foreclosed on.

That didn't happen. OCC and the bank did eventually agree upon new loan terms an OCC brought the loan back into good standing. OCC was not in danger of going out of business. Senior admitted on an episode that if the bank and them couldn't agree he would have sold the new building and gone back to the smaller shop to reduce cost and keep the business open.

Just because he keeps his personal money guarded doesn't mean he's not a smart business person.

That's why you start a business so that if it fails your creditors cannot take your personal propert but only the buisness' assets.

And remember that Senior and Jr. And everyone else on te show gets paid to be on it. If they have saved wisely (and if they get residual from reruns and DVD sales and merchandise sales) they really don't have to work again if they don't want to.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #20
Xlkahuna
ZL1 dude

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2006 GTO, 1996 RS Conv
Senior has a Red ZL1 sitting in his garage. You can see it when Jr and Sr are building their bike.
Xlkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #21
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
There's no way Senior and his ZL1 will beat Paulie's 2.9L Whipple equipped SS.

Too bad Jr. didn't call out his Dad right there on the spot, I know I would if I had a 2.9L Twin Screw Whipple under my hood vs his little 1.9L TVS.
you're assuming that Sr. hasn't modded the ZL1...
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Sr also has a gt500 across from the zr1 and zl1...
Old 10-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #23
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
On one of the other episodes you see it sitting in the back while they are working. I think i saw a vert too. He has some sweet cars in there.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #24
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
It wasn't bankruptcy, it was a foreclosure. When the economy tanked, sales fell and they (OCC) were trying to renegotiate the mortgage on the new shops property. The bank and OCC went back and OCC didn't make a few payments and word got out that OCC had missed a few payments and people wondered if they would get foreclosed on.

That didn't happen. OCC and the bank did eventually agree upon new loan terms an OCC brought the loan back into good standing. OCC was not in danger of going out of business. Senior admitted on an episode that if the bank and them couldn't agree he would have sold the new building and gone back to the smaller shop to reduce cost and keep the business open.

Just because he keeps his personal money guarded doesn't mean he's not a smart business person.

That's why you start a business so that if it fails your creditors cannot take your personal propert but only the buisness' assets.

And remember that Senior and Jr. And everyone else on te show gets paid to be on it. If they have saved wisely (and if they get residual from reruns and DVD sales and merchandise sales) they really don't have to work again if they don't want to.
Not too many banks (in todays market) will do non-recourse loans. So he probably has guaranteed the loans which would make him 100% personally liable for the debt, regardless if the loan was made to the company. Banks have smartened up believe it or not.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post

That didn't happen. OCC and the bank did eventually agree upon new loan terms an OCC brought the loan back into good standing. OCC was not in danger of going out of business. Senior admitted on an episode that if the bank and them couldn't agree he would have sold the new building and gone back to the smaller shop to reduce cost and keep the business open. I would bet the cars are in the business also to write off, so they would be gone also.

I know in the beginning they were never paid for the shows. It was done for exposer. OCC I do not think much money comes from the show at all, it comes from what they sell. They did make their new building way to big. The show was great when they where small, now I do not watch at all. All to commercial. No mor hand made bikes.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #26
urbancamarofan

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram
American Chopper has gotten better this year.
urbancamarofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #27
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
I was watching that and it made me lol that he did not want to race the challenger
Of course not, he doesn't want to lose.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #28
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
He has so many cars . He has a CTS V too i think.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote