Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #29
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I could give a crap if a girl was driving a v6 camaro like I am. In faxct at my school I have a v6 and a girl has a SS. I am proud of my car and I am very lucky to have such a nice car at a young age. I got my car when I was 15 and have had it since. I am now 18. I don't drive it to school because I would hate for something to happen to the camaro because of the horrible drivers at my school. I doubt it would be a v6 v8 thing.

Now to the op I'm glad you and your son came to a happy median
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #30
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Well yeah duh everyone can afford them, why do you think i see then everywhere i go, i think this 12 year old kid uses a r8 as his DD in my neighborhood , J/k
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #31
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
So when I bought my Camaro in June 2010, I promised my son that he could have it when he turned 16. (provided he kept up with his grades and remained a decent/respectful human being).. Well he turned 16 and I was off to car shop. I looked at A LOT of cars. 350Z, Mustang, MINI Cooper, Solstice and Sky. I HATED all of them compared to my Camaro. So my precious son finally told me " Mom, I know you love the Camaro so it's ok if you keep it and I wouldn't mind a truck as long as I get to drive the Camaro some"... So I bought him a Ford f-150 Sport and Mama got to keep her Camaro. All is right with the world again. lol

Merry Christmas everyone!
That's what we call ....Saved by the bell ..... you have a good son .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #32
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by den318 View Post
Is it possible that your son doesn't want a v6 Camaro (is your a v8)? There's a lot of girls driving v6 Camaros and v6 Mustangs. The F150 would be a more manly car to be seen in. You know how kids are, V8 or nothing.

If that were the case, I'd say the kid deserved to drive some dinky little nothing car instead of a mere v6 c5 Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Mine is a V6, I bought a V6 so that he could drive it. No way would I give a 16 year old a V8. Yes, he wants the car. It is all he has talked about for a year. He went with me for well over a month car shopping and he saw how much I really loved my Camaro and didn't want to cause me distress. I explained to him it was only a car and that HE meant more to me than a car.... After much thinking he settled for a truck. He said he felt selfish considering I was paying for him a vehicle and he didn't feel right about taking my car.... Mind you he didn't get a plain jane F-150. It is the sport package w/leather seats and all the other bells and whistles. No one at his school has a gen5 Camaro but there are at least 30 Mustangs (his 10th grade class had 650+ students), so I don't think it is a V6/V8 thing or girl thing. He generally is a great kid and he figures he will drive the truck to school and he can take the Camaro on dates and such.

***** The whole point of the story is, I am a proud Mama and sometimes I just like to brag on my kid.
Wouldn't you be able to buy him a nice used c5 Camaro for what you spent on the truck?

After her first months of driving my ancient grand cherokee, my kiddo drove one of my Vettes until I bought her the vehicle she really wanted. But since she does NOT want to drive a stick , she doesn't drive my Camaro at all. Kids!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #33
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Why can't y'all just play nice? She gets the Camaro, her son gets a great pickup to drive (meybe he's a pickup man), it IS a very Merry Christmas story, Candie, thanks for sharing it with us. Ignore the grinches and enjoy the Camaro!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #34
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Why can't y'all just play nice? She gets the Camaro, her son gets a great pickup to drive (meybe he's a pickup man), it IS a very Merry Christmas story, Candie, thanks for sharing it with us. Ignore the grinches and enjoy the Camaro!

I agree, and I guarantee you that all my country cousins, and my daddy, would pick the pickup truck every day of the week!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #35
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
***** The whole point of the story is, I am a proud Mama and sometimes I just like to brag on my kid. [/QUOTE]

+1 I'm a proud single father of an honors student so I know the the feeling. My son just recently turned 16 as well and it looks like I'm buying a mustang I don't know why but kids love em
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #36
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
when i was 16 my dad promised me something more sporty by the time i was 18. i got a jeep when i was 16 nothing really crazy. a v6 camaro would have been sweet at 16 lol. and yes when i was 18 i was driving my SS to high school. good times.

but i am happy to see your son happy with his new car, i remember at 16 getting any car was a new and fun thing to have.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #37
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
Cause everyone can afford those.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
LOL

and

awesome story!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #38
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Poor Kid... U know he really wants one of these over that... ... Ford.. Right?

Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #39
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Merry Christmas.. now go get that camaro..
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote