Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Bluetooth driving me nuts!

I have sprint HTC EVO Shift. each time I get in the car I turn bluetooth on and it connects. I make a call and after few minutes it would disconnect from the car and goes back to the handset without touching anything and without moving anything. Phone is usually in the cupholder locked.

any solution?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Darth Camaro
Out of my mind!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Don't know. My Bluetooth quit work'in. Can't even connect to any phone GM says its fine. Ya whatever...

Darth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Love my bluetooth. I haven't had any problems in 3 years. Sorry you're having problems.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
take it in for warrenty... have not had any issues with my iphone 4, so if they tell you its the phone there wrong.. Also make sure its updated with the phones new software... There is an update also to the PDIM so make them get you the update or new one...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Drives: NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 5GenCamaroSS
I havent had that bad of a problem, but I do have issues when try to call people hands free, i say call, then it says what name and I try and same a contact in my phone and it just says goodbye. I get calls in fine. If I scroll through my phone and hit call on my phone it goes through fine but then it's kinda defeating the purpose of hands free.. More like hands free modified lol
5GenCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
I would say to make sure you have the necessary updates for your phone. That might be the problem
Old 05-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
nacho478

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I have the exact same phone and have had the exact same problem and my phone has the all the available updates. I wound up just deleting the phone and the car from each others' connection lists and reverting to the earpiece I used before.

Last edited by nacho478; 05-06-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: added information
nacho478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #8
1up5dn

Drives: 2011 Black RS SS
Must be phone related. I have the Droid X and it has worked flawlessly, not had one drop or complaint.

Chris.....
1up5dn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:12 AM   #9
Mandog

Drives: 2011 RJT 1LT Vert
I have a Blackberry and had to change a setting on the phone in order for the Bluetooth to connect automatically, rather than manually each time I got in the car. Your phone MAY have a similar setting.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:15 AM   #10
BloodUSMC

The phone connect automatically as soon as I turn on the bluetooth. thats not a problem. but the problem again is it drops while im using it. anyway I will check my phone to see any updates. and try deleting the car from my phone and relink it. even tho i did that before but i will do it again
Old 05-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #11
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
The only problem I have with my bluetooth system so far is-- the system will not recognize any of the names for voice dialing for example "Dad's cell phone" instead the system will say that I called out 3-4 rrandom numbers. But, if I say just numbers to dial it will dial them correctly. ?????????????? of course at the dealership when I picked it up-- it worked fine either way go figure
Old 05-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #12
BloodUSMC

I think I know the solution to your problem. If you look carefully when someone calls it display last name only. So maybe you have to make sure the contact has a last name and say the last name only. Call lastname.

I'm 90% sure it displays the last name only

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
The only problem I have with my bluetooth system so far is-- the system will not recognize any of the names for voice dialing for example "Dad's cell phone" instead the system will say that I called out 3-4 rrandom numbers. But, if I say just numbers to dial it will dial them correctly. ?????????????? of course at the dealership when I picked it up-- it worked fine either way go figure
Old 05-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
champ22

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5GenCamaroSS View Post
I havent had that bad of a problem, but I do have issues when try to call people hands free, i say call, then it says what name and I try and same a contact in my phone and it just says goodbye. I get calls in fine. If I scroll through my phone and hit call on my phone it goes through fine but then it's kinda defeating the purpose of hands free.. More like hands free modified lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
You may know this by now, but the only way to use voice dial is to store name tags with the numbers into the cars phone system. You can use your phone's voice dial but its more difficult and requires you to say "voice" after you hit the call button. The phone's voice dial never seems to work as well. To store numbers and name tags on the infotaine system, press the call button and say "store". The system will then prompt you to enter a phone number followed by the name tag you want to store it under. Once its in the system, you can then hit the call button and say "call *****". Also, in order to call name tags, you have to say "call" and to dial numbers you say "dial". Check out the infotaine system in manual, it explains it really well in there.
champ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Iphone user no problem with the bluetooth in my Camaro
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote