Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Boost or motor build

So I want to here from the LLT crowd. Just how safe is our motors on 10lbs of boost. I'm debating on wether I should go FI or just stroke the motor. What are you guys, and gals opinion? I'm leaning towards the roots blower from RX performance. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Unless the fueling situation gets worked out, it'll be very hard to get to 10lbs of boost consistently.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
RenegadeSS

So the injector are the first wall I will hit. How bout the internals? I'm really concerned with the crank shaft. I heard that is the weak link in our motors.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
lscamaro

I don't think it's the injectors. The fuel system just can't keep up with the fuel needed at higher boost levels. I'd say you'd need to find a way to get more out of the pump or at least find another way to supply fuel. I have heard that the crank was a big weak link but no one really knows because no one has pushed really high boost levels consistently. Everyone is really stuck in the 7-8 psi range right now.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
So the injector are the first wall I will hit. How bout the internals? I'm really concerned with the crank shaft. I heard that is the weak link in our motors.
Two strikes! lol

Its not the injectors thats the problem. The issue has more to do with the pumps. Then past that, its being able to tune properly for more fule.

The crank shaft is super strong. Its the rods/pistons I believe that are the weak link, but so far, no V6 with a decent tune has blown up under boost.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
RenegadeSS

Cool. I want to get around 350 to 360 with boost, and full exhaust for now. Later down the road I'm getting the RX fuel solution so I can push it further. How bout the clutch? I've search for the torque limit on it, and couldn't find anything. Is it wise to get a stronger clutch?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
lscamaro

Quote:
Cool. I want to get around 350 to 360 with boost, and full exhaust for now. Later down the road I'm getting the RX fuel solution so I can push it further. How bout the clutch? I've search for the torque limit on it, and couldn't find anything. Is it wise to get a stronger clutch?
350-360 hp? That's easily attainable right now. It's after 400 that things start to get harder. Yes, the clutch is a definite weak link on the car. Sycraft posted a thread of a clutch he is a testing out and if it works out, they will begin to produce it.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Correct. Your fine to 400 or so RWHP.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
RenegadeSS

Currently my performance goals are to match, or surpass the 1LE. Thanks everyone for all you insight.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Currently my performance goals are to match, or surpass the 1LE. Thanks everyone for all you insight.
Match and surpass the 1LE stock is doable now. To get 10 psi on a turbo is doable with a meth kit as I done it up to 11-12psi. Just need to make sure Vince knows your running meth when tuning for FI. Logs won't tell him you shooting meth. But unlike others I run 100% meth (cleans the internals real well also).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
lscamaro

I don't think it should be a problem. All the 1LE is is an SS with better suspension. So if you get SS power (which you can with FI) and the 1LE suspension geometry with aftermarket parts such as pfadt and pedders, you should be able to take one.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
RenegadeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Match and surpass the 1LE stock is doable now. To get 10 psi on a turbo is doable with a meth kit as I done it up to 11-12psi. Just need to make sure Vince knows your running meth when tuning for FI. Logs won't tell him you shooting meth. But unlike others I run 100% meth (cleans the internals real well also).

Can I just add the meth with out a tune? If I do get it tuned for meth. Do I have to run meth whenever I go WOT?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
RenegadeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I don't think it should be a problem. All the 1LE is is an SS with better suspension. So if you get SS power (which you can with FI) and the 1LE suspension geometry with aftermarket parts such as pfadt and pedders, you should be able to take one.
Cool. Good thing the 1LE suspension bits are affordable. Getting ready for the thunder and lightning track. By the way. Great color!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Can I just add the meth with out a tune? If I do get it tuned for meth. Do I have to run meth whenever I go WOT?
You dont have to have meth tuned. But it would help Vince in determining how aggressive to go when it comes down to timing and fuel.

You don't have to run it all the time. If you get a progressive meth kit like mine you can tell the kits control at what boost level to engage in. This is good for those that don't have the tune set up to run Meth. You can set it to come on at whatever psi you start to lean out on.

Not sure I explained it right. If not let me know and I'll try and clarify. Or someone else can for me.