Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #799
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
The USAA $750 discount applies to this Colorado too.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #800
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I didn't even make it all the way through reading your statement before I had to stop and quote you and correct you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
First of all, yes I have read that and will now have to go back and post a link so you can see for your own eyes since your doubts are evident.

Look...I have no doubt that you may have read a few posts on a Colorado/Canyon post where the member may have said they were disappointed in the price, or this or that. But again...I've been a member of coloradofans.com for a long while, and trust me...nobody thinks these trucks should be priced under the Tacoma because it won't be as good of quality. That kind of thinking is really just asinine. The prices are almost directly competitive.

And what doesnt make sense as some have already pointed out is your statement about how this truck is not meant to compete with the tacoma yet with a full size.. WHAT? It is indeed aiming directly at the tacoma, and the tacoma is the better truck until GM proves they have developed a relevent challenger.

Huh?? Please tell me where I said this truck is not meant to compete with Tacoma. Please. Cause I didn't say it. You must have misunderstood what I said....because OF COURSE this truck is meant to compete with Tacoma.

Compete with full size??? Again...what?? The only comparison I may have drawn with full size is if the discounted prices of full size get too close to the mid size.

I had a colorado it was horrendous POS, it coudnt even turn around in the street, yet my buddys fulls size crew cab diesel made it no problem, its engine was a doggggg, even after mods it was a joke, offroad forget it, so yes it is playing catchup to the tacoma, and if it proves capable then hey we have some selection now, but it must prove it!

The 1st gen Colorado was definitely not up to par with the Tacoma...I agree, but a horrendous POS...well I guess some like it better than others. I still enjoy my 2006 Colorado crew cab 4x4. With my commute to work, I average (that's right average...not highway) around 19 mpg with it. That's better than the 3.0 V6 Ranger 2x4 I had before this truck. If I was doing more city driving I know it would be lower. As for offroad...it works fine enough for what I need. I don't go muddin or whatever, but I have been down some roads in the winter with a fresh 8 - 10" of snow on un-plowed roads and it got me and my wife home easily on a 20+ mile drive.

Cause midsize owners know that the previous model doesnt hold a candle to the tacoma, resale value, proven race pedigree, and offroad prowlness that comes with a model that hasnt had to change much in a decade.

Yes the new GM truck will have to earn a reputation....but are you going to sit around and wait 2 or 3 years to find out? Most who want this truck aren't going to do that....so for now we go by what we know. What we know, is that if this truck is merely even a decent truck...it should easily surpass the Tacoma in mileage, towing, power, and features. That's the facts.

by the way ive been on a colorado site as well since 07 since I last had my colorado and the even owners know what a tacoma has been proven to be and respect it.

I respect the Tacoma too! I even looked at them before I bought my trucks, but they are way overpriced, and I got a fantastic deal on my Colorado since my brother works at the dealership where I found it. I will point out, that over the years, the Tacoma hasn't exactly been perfect either. I'm sure you know about the rusting frames buy back fiasco....that was pretty damn bad.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #801
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Reviews are starting to appear:

Edmunds: http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/col...road-test.html

Automobile: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...canyon-review/ (written by a self-proclaimed car-guy)
Old 09-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #802
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Edmunds review of the truck seems way more realistic than the second review. That guy bashes the Colorado right off the bat with out even discussing the difference between rival trucks or the changes from the previous model. Still , Edmonds review gives me hope that the new truck is an improvement and well worth the cost
Old 09-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #803
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
The rubber floor mat special (vinyl, but who's counting) goes by the name Base. It's only available in two-wheel drive with the extended cab, the 2.5-liter four and the six-speed manual gearbox. And it only seats two because the usual rear side-facing jump seats are deleted.
lolwut.

GM hasn't put jump seats into a truck in years.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #804
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3

Video review from TheFastLane Truck coming soon as well

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:16 AM   #805
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Id have still rather seen the new 4.3l in the Colorado/Canyon. 285hp and 305ftlbs of torque would be nice...guess thats just the old S10 guy in me coming out.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #806
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
Edmunds review of the truck seems way more realistic than the second review. That guy bashes the Colorado right off the bat with out even discussing the difference between rival trucks or the changes from the previous model. Still , Edmonds review gives me hope that the new truck is an improvement and well worth the cost
The Edmunds one is a true review. The Automobile one is a tough read with all the stupid crap they put in there.

Example:
Edmonds "Tacoma and Frontier remain more or less unchanged going into their 11th year of production"

Automobile - "Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier designed during the Clinton administration" and it goes on and on like that.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #807
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Solid review from edmunds. I hope GM sells a ton of these.

Can't wait to drive one and see if would be a viable choice for me
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #808
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3

comparison vid from TFLT

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:44 AM   #809
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Watched that review ^ not much explained 13:21 starts Colorado. I didn't review how big and dumb the plastic strip across the front is on the Colorado. UGLY and low, I'm not sure what the angle of climb would be with that dumb strip.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #810
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
So just take it off...
Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #811
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Yeah, it's actually addressed in the Edmunds review....

The engineers at Chevrolet tell us the lower half of the fascia can be removed by undoing several bolts, but we have yet to try it.

No big deal

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #812
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
So these things are shipping and we still don't know the MPG rating of the 4cyl extended cab? Guess we will have to wait to see window stickers at the dealerships
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote