Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Best 4-Post Lift for my Z/28?

Yes, I realize this is a little OT. Our home flooded and we're nearing the end of a total rebuild. As part of this I'm improving the garage. It had zero insulation -- wonderful in TX -- so I've now spray-foamed the walls and ceiling, installed R-16 doors, and have added HVAC to moderate the temp/humidity. In a few weeks I'll add cabinets and epoxy the floor.

Given that we never have enough garage space, and always end up with at least one car outside, I want to add a 4-post lift to store my Z/28 out of harm's way, add another garage space, and give me a nice way to save my back during service and detail work.

I tend to buy for the long-term and don't mind spending extra if it gives me a higher-quality, longer-lasting, safer product.

I've been looking at BendPak and Challenger, but welcome suggestions if anyone here has experience with brands/models -- either the ones to avoid or the ones to follow up on.

Thanks in advance for your input, advice, and help!
Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
karve

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #737, 2014 Ford Raptor
In my old house I had a three car garage...one double and one single. I had a BendPak 4 post in the single car that I kept my pro-touring 69 camaro on and Z06 under. Left me plenty of room for my truck and another car in the double. Had this lift for 4-5 years with zero issues
karve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I've had a Rotary for 11 years & love it - no problems. The thing that sold me on Rotary is that they are Made in the USA and most New Car Dealerships have Rotarys so Parts & Service would never be an issue.

They also Installed it - others that you order come to a Shipping Depot, then you need to get it to your house. Then you have to Buy Beer and invite friends over to install it & hope you don't have leftover parts!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
Z Beast

Drives: 2014 Z/28 Ashen Grey Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Yes, I realize this is a little OT. Our home flooded and we're nearing the end of a total rebuild. As part of this I'm improving the garage. It had zero insulation -- wonderful in TX -- so I've now spray-foamed the walls and ceiling, installed R-16 doors, and have added HVAC to moderate the temp/humidity. In a few weeks I'll add cabinets and epoxy the floor.

Given that we never have enough garage space, and always end up with at least one car outside, I want to add a 4-post lift to store my Z/28 out of harm's way, add another garage space, and give me a nice way to save my back during service and detail work.

I tend to buy for the long-term and don't mind spending extra if it gives me a higher-quality, longer-lasting, safer product.

I've been looking at BendPak and Challenger, but welcome suggestions if anyone here has experience with brands/models -- either the ones to avoid or the ones to follow up on.

Thanks in advance for your input, advice, and help!
I have a Direct lift it's on the cheaper end of the lifts but it has not given me any problems and came with a lot of extras. The only advise I can give you is get a wide one as our Z/28's barely fit on the standard size and get one with manual release of the locks not air operated. Here is mine as you can see if you have some negative camber in your car it barely fits on the lift. http://www.directlift.com/Four-Post-Lifts-C9.aspx
Attached Images

"The walls are white, the track is grey, the grass is green, and the sky is blue... your job is to keep them all where they belong." - Johnny Rutherford
Z Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
4 FN 27

Drives: 2015 Z28
Rotary in my shop. Have to use blocks to get the Z up high enough. If I would have had my Z before I built my shop I would have sunk the Hoist in the floor about 2-3 inches.
Attached Images

4 FN 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
OneBadZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 Red/AC #56
I also have a Rotary 2 post which I love. They make an awesome product. I installed mine parallel between 2 of my 4 ten foot doors towards the back of my garage. I did this so the posts would not be in the way of normal car door opening and closing in the 4 bays. You can leave a car up on it and still park in the four bays but you need to take couple of the cars out to go on the lift.
OneBadZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #7
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
Just installed this a couple weeks ago. Advantage 9000#. The tires stick over 1" on either side with Z but I have plenty of drive through clearance. I only have 9'6" clearance to the ceiling.
Attached Images

69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #8
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Thanks for all the great input; really appreciate it! It really helps to see the photos and stories of other setups and installs.

I've been looking at Rotary, Challenger, and BendPak. For my garage, the BendPak HD-9XW seems to be the best fit. Nice and wide, too -- 82-3/8" for the outside edge-to-edge measurement on the runways...
Old 05-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #9
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
Bendpak was my #2. The only thing that steered me was:

- you need air to release locks.
- all the extras were extra.
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #10
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post

I hear you on the BendPak. Still deciding whether air locking is a safety feature or PITA. Ditto on the extras. However, for the dimensions I have -- on both the garage and my Z/28 -- that BendPak model is the best fit...
Old 05-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post

Yes, the Extras can add up $$

Fortunately the Jack Bridge I got was Free as it was made for a different Lift and was too wide. I Cut it & Welded it back together!

The Best Extra was the Longer Aluminum Ramps!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
hall966

Drives: Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Yes, the Extras can add up $$

Fortunately the Jack Bridge I got was Free as it was made for a different Lift and was too wide. I Cut it & Welded it back together!

The Best Extra was the Longer Aluminum Ramps!
I agree with you on the ramps. The 50" ramps eliminate the need to add blocks to get started onto the lift. They are a necessity.
hall966 is offline   Reply With Quote