Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: mandatory high performance driving course for sports car owners ,& drivers
No anyone can drive any car without training 114 69.94%
Yes All drivers should have to take a high performance driving class to drive 18 11.04%
yes but only the owners at time of purchase 6 3.68%
It should just be offered,but the cost is still figured into the cost of the car. 25 15.34%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #29
CJ1034

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM Manual
The poll shows that people don't want people telling them what they can and can't drive. Less nanny government controlling every aspect of our lives. Many may think it's ok for the government to tell us everything we can and cannot do, but ultimately the responsibility is our own, and not the governments.'
CJ1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #30
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
that would be a large can of worms. I see more bad drivers in Toyota Corollas ect... Most muscle/sports car drivers, seem to have more greater respect on and for the road.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #31
onewaydave
Innocent Bystander

Drives: 2013 ZL1 BRM/2002 35th SS/2009 GMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1034 View Post
The poll shows that people don't want people telling them what they can and can't drive. Less nanny government controlling every aspect of our lives. Many may think it's ok for the government to tell us everything we can and cannot do, but ultimately the responsibility is our own, and not the governments.'
Bingo!

Living on the RaGgEd EdGe!
onewaydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #32
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Soon there will only be autonomous cars so we will be regulated how fast they go and we won't have any control of our driving

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #33
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Agree with most here, cannot really legislate away stupid. And it's not ok to decide who and what someone can drive.

That said....

I do cringe more often than not here at the forums with how many VERY young people, many it's their 1st car, are getting s V-6 or even a V-8 Camaro as their first car. Most say they somehow saved the money cutting lawns or delivering papers but I think we all know Daddy is getting it for them.

Cars this powerful are an awesome responsibility. Cars this potent can scare even an experienced driver at times, usually when you least expect it. Age limits for performance cars? You might sell me on that one.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #34
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1034 View Post
I voted no because a law like that would essentially be teaching/encouraging people to drive fast on public roadways. Training is available for people who want it in the right environment...its called HPDE.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #35
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Bring on the GOOGLE self driving cars and the problem is solved
And if it persist , we can all look and point to the guys South from here , the Silicon Valley Crowd did it !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #36
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Well I pretty much expected the answers that were posted on a forum full of Zl1 owners,but the same question posted out on other forums with other groups of people I would think would might get different answers...
The poll was never about saying what you could or could not drive,and while most young kids will always stand up and say "well I am responsibly ,and never do anything wrong" we that have been around for 50yrs know better...

If we didnt have laws to tell those Dumb A$$'$,& criminals what not to do,then what would the world be like....

The only reason I posted this poll was because I was at T.I.R.R in houston( where that fool drove the ZL1 into the pool)which is a rehab center for the Disabled,and those with brain injury's when the news was on channel 2 reported it..
Anyway the discussion came up when one of the women said that there should be training that comes with those cars,her son was on a breathing vent due to a crash while driving his corvette she had purchased him... while i didnt mention that I owned one,or used to(sold this week) it made me think about it .
I would of normally thought the same way as most of us do on the forum...
But when 90% of those that were in the room where either in a wheelchair because of motorcycle crashes,or a car crash, said they agreed with her,it just gave me something to think about.....
I know this much all of those parents that purchased a high performance car,and their kids are either dead or in a wheelchair, are right about now wishing they had gotten their kids training on how to drive it correctly.As everyone of us know the real truth is that if you own it you will use it at one time or another.
We have have all scared the crap out of ourselves at one time or another,its the fear that keeps us safe,and having the skill to pull the car back under control which saves our life.....
Old 04-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #37
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
I agree with the OP, all Camaro drivers should be required to take advanced driver training. ;-)

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #38
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I agree with the OP, all Camaro drivers should be required to take advanced driver training. ;-)
LOL, and all Mustang drivers need to take remedial mechanic's training.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #39
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
LOL, and all Mustang drivers need to take remedial mechanic's training.

LOL.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #40
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
god no.

no more retarded laws. we might as well just go back to being a colony of england as it is with half the crap they have already past by the new generaton of safty concience whimps in the world.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #41
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
After reading through this thread for a second time. I have one question.

"How do I get the last 15mins of my life back"!?
Paladinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #42
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Everyone should be required to take a driving course and pass a skills test. Also basic car inspection should be required. I fear the idiot weaving through traffic at 90 mph, texting, with four bald tires. Cars are the most dangerous things we operate every day.

I have driven high power rear wheel drive cars my whole life. The ZL1 is EASY and very docile to drive. The number of ZL1s in single car accidents is sad.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote