Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #1
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Constant buzzing in after market stereo! Ugh!

I purchased a Kenwood stereo from best buy and had them install it too. I had a aftermarket amp installed a few years ago. Although, it sounded better than stock it still wasn't what I wanted. I had best buy instal the Kenwood now I have a buzzing sound. Not a ground loop where you hear the whine go up and down with the engine rpms, butt a constant buzz. As I mentioned, it does not go up or down with the enging. Plus, it only does it in drive, not park. When in park it quiet but in drive it comes back.

I did not have this issue with the factory stereo and nothing has changed as far as the amp. I've taken it back to best buy on 2 occasions and even had them change the stereo and RCA cables. Still have that noise and I'm tired of taking it to best buy. They mess with everything and fix nothing. Just looking into see what you guys think.

Thanks for your suggestions.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
You can search the forums for buzzing and line noise, but other than giving you the 10 general laws of line noise, nobody can diagnose and fix your problem without having their hands on the vehicle. That is why we pay professionals. Your three options are to R&D line noise and fix it yourself, force Best Buy to repair their install or pay another shop to repair the Best Buy hack.

If you provide me a city and state, I'll tell you the closest qualified professional shop to look at your car. The only certified installer that happens to work at Best Buy in the US qualified to do car audio installs is on the west coast if I remember, Portland or Seattle maybe.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
BT96SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS/SS
I recently installed a kenwood radio with the PAC kit along with an aftermarket amplifier and speakers. I do not have any engine noise like a high pitch whine but I do have a constant buzz coming though the speakers at low volume. My car has the factory hid headlights and when they are on and the car is running I have the buzz. When I turn them off they buzz goes away. I have tried running the high end rca cable away from any factory wiring and also tried a couple of different other things input related to kill this noise. I really don't notice it when the ac is on or the radio is turned up. It's just one of those annoying things. I am pulling the radio tommorow to see if there's anything else I can think to do. I am also looking into the posibility that the PAC box itself could be sitting on the main power wire inside the console causing the issue.
BT96SS is offline   Reply With Quote