Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2021, 09:03 PM   #1
Randy V.B.

Drives: 2015 2ss 1le
Buyers beware of RPI designs

Hello everyone, I know I do not contribute a lot on the forum. Most of my mods I’ve done have already been done so I don’t want to waste space. I just wanted to warn anybody about an issue I am having with RPI designs. I don’t want to be that guy bitching but.. I ordered a set of ZL1 side skirts a while back and the wrong ones were delivered. I honestly don’t even know what they would fit. Mistakes happen I understand. After four or five days of waiting to hear from them about the mistake I was informed that I needed to pay for shipping to send them back as they had no way to send me a return label to Canada. Again not a problem. I promptly return them on my dime. Now it is been quite some time and a few emails and I have still not had the proper side skirts sent to me or the return shipping refunded to me as promised. At this point I don’t know what to do. If I were in that business my first priority would be to make my mistake right. I can’t even get a return email. The only reason I am bringing this up on here is that is where I found out about their business. After some research in hindsight I wish I have never ordered from them because of the bad reviews I see. Again not trying to be that guy or a jerk just trying to warn someone from a headache they would not need.

Randy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Randy V.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:21 PM   #2
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
How did you pay? If the vendor isn’t handling it, your credit card or paypal should be able to help.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:52 PM   #3
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Their in-house stuff is rather good quality, but ever since RPI Don left this company, their customer service became garbage. I waited 7 weeks for a splitter, again, the quality/fit finish was good, but the runaround was ridiculous. As mentioned above, take it up with you CC company. And this isn’t Covid related, their service has been shit for quite some time now.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
It's a shame to keep seeing reports like this. RPI used to be one of the best shops for our cars, You could find stuff there that you couldn't find anywhere else. Btw Randy, no need to keep explaining yourself - you have every right to be pissed off. Sometimes when you have little other recourse, you have to use the tools available to you - and the court of public opinion is a mighty strong tool.

RPI is still a Camaro5.com forum sponsor, so it is in their interest to get this resolved before word of mouth starts spreading further. Likewise, being sponsored by RPI, it's also in Camaro5's best interest that RPI gets this properly resolved.

If you are still interested in getting this resolved through the company I would start by leaving feedback on RPI and details of the issue in the Camaro5 Vendor Feedback forum. Just make sure to keep things on a professional level - just the facts.

Best of luck.

Camaro5 Vendor & Sponsor Sales Feedback Forum

Camaro5 Sponsor List
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 02-26-2021 at 01:00 AM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:49 AM   #5
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
First of all, don't apologize for not posting much. I felt like that in the beginning too and it was mostly to ask for help. With all the BS going on in he world, this forum is a great place to come EVEN IF YOU JUST READ POSTS. I've learned so much and get to see beautiful Gen5s every day. I've had many people help me here. Great people! Anyway, as far as RPI. I had an issue back in August of 2020 with my painted splash guards. I called them and had no issues getting me a shipping label. The guy I dealt with was Paul and he seemed to be very helpful. I even asked them for some extra hardware a month later and they sent them to me free. They do have different departments too, customer service, shipping, and sales(this is where Paul is). I hope they are still doing business because they have a lot of items for our Gen5s. Hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:03 AM   #6
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
File a claim and call it a day. If they’re not responding... fu** them.

**I ordered my ZL1 rockers through them. No issues.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:18 AM   #7
Randy V.B.

Thank you for all the feedback everyone. I just didn’t want to come off as that guy that only post on the forum to bitch about stuff lol. But yeah I’m not happy with the situation. It’s a pretty easy situation to fix if they would just send me what I paid for in the first place. They have a lot of cool stuff on their site and that’s why I ordered from them because here in Canada it’s almost impossible to get the side skirts unless you go to the dealer. But I guess if your customer service is not that good it’s all kind of pointless. I’m hoping they will just do the right thing and send me the stuff and I won’t have to file a claim but it’s not looking good for now. I know they likely have thousands of happy customers out there but I do see now there is a few unhappy ones and I just happen to be one of them.

2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Old 02-26-2021, 07:24 AM   #8
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
It's a shame to keep seeing reports like this. RPI used to be one of the best shops for our cars, You could find stuff there that you couldn't find anywhere else. Btw Randy, no need to keep explaining yourself - you have every right to be pissed off. Sometimes when you have little other recourse, you have to use the tools available to you - and the court of public opinion is a mighty strong tool.

RPI is still a Camaro5.com forum sponsor, so it is in their interest to get this resolved before word of mouth starts spreading further. Likewise, being sponsored by RPI, it's also in Camaro5's best interest that RPI gets this properly resolved.

If you are still interested in getting this resolved through the company I would start by leaving feedback on RPI and details of the issue in the Camaro5 Vendor Feedback forum. Just make sure to keep things on a professional level - just the facts.

Best of luck.

Camaro5 Vendor & Sponsor Sales Feedback Forum

Camaro5 Sponsor List

Thanks very much for that, I was unsure of where to leave some feedback on this issue, that’s why I posted here. I just thought by posting on here maybe it would light a fire under their ass and get them moving a bit, and to just let other people know to be cautious is all.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:27 AM   #9
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
How did you pay? If the vendor isn’t handling it, your credit card or paypal should be able to help.

I paid using my visa for the product and used cash for the return. Hopefully they will just do what’s right and I won’t worry about having to go that way.

Old 02-26-2021, 08:04 AM   #10
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
My family owned a small business for many years and the main sign in the office said "If you have time to do it right the second time, you had time to do it right the first time". My great-grandfather put that sign up back in the 1920s and it hung there for 70 years until the business closed due to EPA crap.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:15 AM   #11
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
My family owned a small business for many years and the main sign in the office said "If you have time to do it right the second time, you had time to do it right the first time". My great-grandfather put that sign up back in the 1920s and it hung there for 70 years until the business closed due to EPA crap.

Couldn’t be more well said lol

Old 02-26-2021, 08:31 AM   #12
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
I've filed disputes a few times through the credit card company when I had trouble with products that either never showed up or just plain crap they wouldn't take back. I got the money back every time. One of the reasons I always pay with a CC. One time I paid with Pay Pal but I use a credit card with that too and I ordered a 200 dollar electrical meter from fleabay. It was junk and the seller screwed me around for quite a while promising to send another. I didn't want another one because it was useless. Pay Pal decided in the sellers favor.................so I called the CC company and got all the money back.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:27 PM   #13
Randy V.B.

I was finally contacted, my money for shipping has been refunded by them. The product has not been sent yet but they are waiting on it on their end I’m told. Hopefully won’t be too long.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #14
CPCNY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, VR ext/Blk Int
I've ordered things from them and haven't had any issues. Just ordered ZL1 side skirts painted and they called me to let me know it was a 5-6 week lead time which I knew but I think that's good customer relations.
CPCNY is offline   Reply With Quote