Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #197
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The Vents aren't going to be functional. I'll find the video. It's to be an affordable car, folks - you really think they're going to spend time, and money with ducting to make them functional? That's not to say I wouldn't want them to be - I think it'd be cool.

As for cutting them out - IF I'm not mistaken...the first gens' were cut out, the scond gens had those vents on the sides for "engine heat" - those weren't functional, but they were cut out, the concepts were cut out....
Why not these? You really think they'd pull a Mustang, and not cut them out to at least look functional? Please. The prototypr pics/angles aren't good enough to see anything, anyways. Plus, who's to say that perhaps it was just an added step, that GM decided wasn't needed to be taken for a prototype vehicle?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #198
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Looking at the camo pics i don't see the fuel door on the passenger side either. I am wondering if they just haven't added the fuel door to these pre-production cars and just have a small fuel cell mounted inside the trunk. Remember the sign in the interior shots says that it contains less than 5 liters of fuel. Remember these aren't production versions yet. We might not be seing it because it isn't there at all.
Maybe they'll put the gas cap behind the rear license plate like older cars... haha!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #199
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
That would be pretty cool if you ask me. It would keep the body uncluttered, plus it would be kinda classic!!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #200
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

stovt, completely agree on the gas thing. If you have the ability to pump gas (the know how to pick up the pump, sipe a card, flip a switch, etc,), then you sure as heck should know how to keep gas from dripping on the paint. GM should take a step back... Realize that GM probably will get complaints from people years down the road that consumers will have problems w/ their paint peeling or something around the gas cap. People will bring their Camaro's back into the dealers service place complaining... And, this is where I would say...you don't know how to pump gas, do you... Tell'em to take a hike. And care more about your car.
Don't get me wrong. I agree with both of you. But all of us know that there are people out there with more money than sense, or people who don't appreciate what they spend their money on. And unfortunately for us... They are the majority. And GM knows it. It will almost always come down to cost for the near term and long term (meaning the knucklheads out there that show up 3 years later complaining of faded paint). And not only does GM have to protect themselves from these gomers but they have to portect the gomer from himself. I Truly hope Scott is right when he says this is a car for the die hard Camaro fan.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #201
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Maybe they'll put the gas cap behind the rear license plate like older cars... haha!
I think that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I think that would put the gas tank too far towards the rear. Therefore, it would be unsafe. If you take a look at the frame of older Vettes(where the gas cap is on the rear), you will see that the gas tank is right in front of the rear bumber!

IMO, it's in the perfect spot on the concept. Maybe the V6 will have a traditional one and the V8's will have the concept one. I know that's a long shot. But it would keep the "suits" happy and the enthusiasts happy.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #202
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
“Toe-fingers” I can handle, it's those dam Barney Rubble feet that creep me out...
"She has man hands"
- Seinfeld

I always liked that episode....lol.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #203
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Gas caps behind the license plate aren't that great. The nozzles tend to not attach firmly to the fill neck so you have to hold them there. Very annoying. I say give me the same cap as the concept and let those who would spill gas use it as motivation to learn how to leave the nozzle in for 2 extra seconds to prevent drippage.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #204
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I had the gas filler behind the back plate...it was no fun. Not on this Camaro...not for me. Leave it where it is, please. Yes, I know the masses will have problems doing something as simple as filling a gas tank and not spilling anything. Hopefully, GM will do it anyway and provide a handout (piece of paper) explaining how to properly fill the gas tank. You could go so far as to explain this as a non-warranty related issue...kinda like the tires. Then, when people jack up the paint, which they will, GM can say sorry....your loss.

And...if they don't cut out those vents, I'll probably see about giving it a go myself. The only thing is doing the finishing touches to make it look right. I'd rather have some inserts to put in there after cutting out the metal, sealing it properly so it doesn't rust....and then pop in a custom made insert to keep it looking clean... Then again, the insert itself would probably take away from the look.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #205
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Vents aren't going to be functional. I'll find the video. It's to be an affordable car, folks - you really think they're going to spend time, and money with ducting to make them functional? That's not to say I wouldn't want them to be - I think it'd be cool.

As for cutting them out - IF I'm not mistaken...the first gens' were cut out, the scond gens had those vents on the sides for "engine heat" - those weren't functional, but they were cut out, the concepts were cut out....
Why not these? You really think they'd pull a Mustang, and not cut them out to at least look functional? Please. The prototypr pics/angles aren't good enough to see anything, anyways. Plus, who's to say that perhaps it was just an added step, that GM decided wasn't needed to be taken for a prototype vehicle?
On first gens. the vents in front of the rear wheel were not cut out, they came as either the plain indentations like you see on the current white prototype or with chrome and black trim on them with the exterior appearence package, but neither was cut out.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #206
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Hey wait, did I miss something? Are they NOT going to put the filler lid on top of the right rear quarter panel? I don't see it on the pre-prod model photo...:(

If not, curse you GM!!! If so, sorry about all that.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #207
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
One thing I am happy with is the rear view mirrors. They're body colored and still attached to the body panel and not the window.

balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #208
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
On first gens. the vents in front of the rear wheel were not cut out, they came as either the plain indentations like you see on the current white prototype or with chrome and black trim on them with the exterior appearence package, but neither was cut out.
Clyde
My bad. I always thought they were.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #209
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
Hey wait, did I miss something? Are they NOT going to put the filler lid on top of the right rear quarter panel? I don't see it on the pre-prod model photo...:(

If not, curse you GM!!! If so, sorry about all that.
I don't see any gas filling location, anywhere. Perhaps the new Camaro is all electric
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #210
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Maybe it won't even NEED gas!!! How awesome would that be?! LOL