Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #2717
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Lovely day for a drive, folks. Hope quite a few of you got out and about :-)

Maybe Friday will be nicer than currently predicted - would be fun to meet up again at KMart here in Dayton or maybe head down south to meet somewhere closer to our S OH/N KY friends.

For what it's worth (maybe not even 2 cents!), Darth_Emma, those wheels are less muscular-looking than I'd put on a Camaro as "toughened-up" as yours is becoming. But I do like things brawny and substantial, and maybe you don't. Good luck with deciding on what can be a very pricey purchase :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #2718
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Maybe Friday will be nicer than currently predicted - would be fun to meet up again at KMart here in Dayton or maybe head down south to meet somewhere closer to our S OH/N KY friends.
Some of us will be heading to Camaro5 Fest near Valdosta, GA on Thursday so we won't be able to make any local cruise-ins. (me, jrhaus76, 1 RD JEWL, SilverIceMan)
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #2719
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Lovely day for a drive, folks. Hope quite a few of you got out and about :-)

For what it's worth (maybe not even 2 cents!), Darth_Emma, those wheels are less muscular-looking than I'd put on a Camaro as "toughened-up" as yours is becoming. But I do like things brawny and substantial, and maybe you don't. Good luck with deciding on what can be a very pricey purchase :-)
We were out driving earlier, after I washed the car this morning. Thinking about going out again. It's so nice! We drove by K-Mart on Friday. There wasn't many cars there. We would be game for this coming Friday if Darin is up to it.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #2720
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Mirrors on, but have a few issues.

Widow on passenger side will not roll up at all. Tries and won't even get started. Drivers is up, but not shutting all the way, auto feature for door closure not working and one touch up not working. one touch down is fine. I didn't do anything to these things. No where near the window. guess I will make an appointment for Tuesday or Wednesday. What the heck?????

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #2721
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I hope you guys all have fun at C5 fest! I would so love to go, but, alas, I have to work late on Friday and early again on Monday. Take TONS of pictures please!
Yes, take lots of pics!!! I really want to go next year.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #2722
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
1 RD JEWL:
Have you tried resetting the indexing on the windows? Just a thought. But, that shouldn't make the passenger window act like that anyway. Very odd. Good luck.
don't know how to do that

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #2723
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Mirrors on, but have a few issues.

Widow on passenger side will not roll up at all. Tries and won't even get started. Drivers is up, but not shutting all the way, auto feature for door closure not working and one touch up not working. one touch down is fine. I didn't do anything to these things. No where near the window. guess I will make an appointment for Tuesday or Wednesday. What the heck?????
I've had a couple of quirks with my passenger window, but each time it resets itself after I turn the car off and re-start. Once the window went ALL the way up while the door was open, so then I could not shut the door. It took a couple of re-starts that time. Then two Friday's ago at Kmart, when I tried to put it up, it automatically kept going back down by itself. One re-start of the car fixed that one.

The first time I saw those indexing windows I thought to myself, "those are going to cause problems sometime in the future". Love GM cars, but I don't think they have the best track record with nifty electronic gadgets, etc. The Japanese have always beat them at that game.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #2724
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
don't know how to do that
Walk out to car
Open passenger door by pulling door handle
sit in passenger seat
open glove box
remove book that came with car
open to section in back
look for "window indexing"
flip to that page
read
do what it says...

BUT, your issue does not sound like a window indexing problem.

I had my doors apart and no issues.... GOOD LUCK and you better get that fixed FAST!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #2725
SilverIceman

Quote:
These things are expensive
Is Fen starting to wonder why his tuition is so high?

Just kidding. I work for the government too. Wonder what my neighbors think. At least you didn't buy that Zo6 for $75K. All the pictures I've seen of camaros with 22" aftermarket wheels have looked good. Not sure what looks best on CGM. Good luck choosing a style.

Speaking of vettes, found this gallery of a new Ferrari. Is it me or does this car look like it came off an assembly line in Bowling Green, KY??
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/car-pho...i/599-GTO/2011

Now look at the ZR1:
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #2726
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Is it me or does this car look like it came off an assembly line in Bowling Green, KY??
Its you.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #2727
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Sorry SilverIceman and 1 RD JEWL... I guess I am in a smart ass mood tonight! I am crazy excited for the end of the week!

10 day forcast still looks great for Thursday in Cinci and for Friday in Knoxville and beyond!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #2728
SilverIceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
GOOD LUCK and you better get that fixed FAST!
Yeah, that would be a windy drive down there.

Good luck with those windows. Let us know if your warranty is still good with all the mods we're doing.

Found this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=indexing old thread but similar to your issue.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #2729
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Yeah, that would be a windy drive down there.

Good luck with those windows. Let us know if your warranty is still good with all the mods we're doing.

Found this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=indexing old thread but similar to your issue.
I could imagine you could do damn near anything you want to the car and the window warranty would still be valid. As long as he didnt modify his window regulators to make the windows go up so fast they could take off a hand!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #2730
SilverIceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Sorry SilverIceman and 1 RD JEWL... I guess I am in a smart ass mood tonight! I am crazy excited for the end of the week!

10 day forcast still looks great for Thursday in Cinci and for Friday in Knoxville and beyond!
Yep, can't wait!!

Looks like rain up here while we're down there and sunny up here when we return.

Sorry I'm passing on your caravan. You did a heck of an organizing job. I just want to get down there with a minimum of stops. I'm hoping to be in my motel asleep when you guys pull in Friday afternoon. I'm sure I'll run into everybody later at the Holiday Inn.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?