Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #2745
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Shoot Paul, we will likely roll into Valdosta about 4... I am talking about Thursday we may be an hour or so behind getting to Knoxville. Cyndi and I are working on something... if it happens,

Sorry, i am an idiot. Plan is to get out of Summit by 12:30 and hit Valdosta by 4.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #2746
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Shoot Paul, we will likely roll into Valdosta about 4... I am talking about Thursday we may be an hour or so behind getting to Knoxville. Cyndi and I are working on something... if it happens,

Sorry, i am an idiot. Plan is to get out of Summit by 12:30 and hit Valdosta by 4.
OK... not baggin it, I will be trucking along if I can get the windows up. We will see tonight. I am really looking forward to it all.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #2747
1 RD JEWL

Doug,

What are the torque specs for the brake calipers? Front and rear? Do the manuals tell you that?

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #2748
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Doug,

What are the torque specs for the brake calipers? Front and rear? Do the manuals tell you that?
Brake caliper bolt - front - 44 lb ft
Brake caliper bolt - rear - 30 lb ft

Brake caliper bleeder valve - 89 lb in
Brake hose fitting bolt - 30 lb ft
Brake rotor bolt - 89 lb in
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #2749
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Doug,

It looks like for an LS3, the front (page 5-65) and rear (page 5-68) brake caliper bolts are 40Nm (30 lb ft)+90 degrees. There is a error in the manual that says 40Nm (33 lb ft) for the fronts. 40Nm = 30 lb ft. There is also a note that says the brake bolts must be replaced any time they are removed.

I have the manuals too!

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #2750
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post

On page 5-46 it list the front as 44 lb ft and on page 5-65 it says 33. I hope we can trust these manuals.

Last edited by GC-Camaro; 04-12-2010 at 04:54 PM.
GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #2751
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
1 RD JEWL - If you ever need such info again, feel free to call or send me a text message to get a faster answer.

GC-Camaro is right about the manual inconsistencies. I would just go with the 44 & 30.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #2752
1 RD JEWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
On page 5-46 it list the front as 44 lb ft and on page 5-65 it says 33. I hope we can trust these manuals.
Thanks guys for the info. Helps.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #2753
1 RD JEWL

OK,

Have the car back together, wires ran, windows up and working properly, just two things left to do.

I have to tap into the power wires for the turn signals.....I know where they are, have them ready to do, but....

Have a question for one of you big electrical auto brains.

If I am running wires from each mirror, my question is can I splice the black ground wires from both Lt and Rt mirrors together to a ground wire in the same harness as one without hurting anything. The less I have to splice, teh better I feel.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #2754
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
OK,

Have the car back together, wires ran, windows up and working properly, just two things left to do.

I have to tap into the power wires for the turn signals.....I know where they are, have them ready to do, but....

Have a question for one of you big electrical auto brains.

If I am running wires from each mirror, my question is can I splice the black ground wires from both Lt and Rt mirrors together to a ground wire in the same harness as one without hurting anything. The less I have to splice, teh better I feel.

Probably, but I'd just tap them seperate. Thats just me. Glad you got the windows working! I was hoping you wouldnt be bailing out!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #2755
1 RD JEWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Probably, but I'd just tap them seperate. Thats just me. Glad you got the windows working! I was hoping you wouldnt be bailing out!
Talked to the mirror guy. He said he just usually grounds them to the door. Problem is I taped them all together nicely and then rand/zipped etc the lines so nicely up under all the dash, so heres my plan. Unwrap enough on each side to cut the black to have enough ground wire to just ground to the frame inside the footwells. That would have made it so much easier. Only question now is T-taps or in-line taps? The in-line connector looks better. Less chance to wiggle free. Hmmm the decisions.

tomorrow night pictures and maybe even a little video.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 04-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #2756
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Let this be a lesson we have all learned the hard way...

Open the box and check everything FIRST... before you even turn a wrench. Been there... done that! Normally it is stuff that is broken, not missing but I always check first!

Sorry DE... live and learn!

I just applied my first coat for Zaino of C5 Fest. Got the interior detailed and the leather treated. Was going to clay bar it but... eh, it didnt need it! So after eggs, bacon and pancakes... I will be back out and taking off coat one and apply at least one more... until the bottle of Z2 and ZFX I mixed up is gone... I'd say just 2 coats plus wheels.

Man am I excited! Glad some of you all can make it!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #2757
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Took my car in his morning to have the suspension work done at IPS Motorsports. But, late in the day, they called to say that when they opened the box the Pfadt end links were in, not all the parts were in the box. So, they had to have them shipped overnight and will have them tomorrow. I thought I was going to get my car back and take a very curvy road home tonight. But, alas, no. I can't get off work again tomorrow, so I'll have to try to get it on Thursday.

IPS did say they'd put the stock links back in today so I could pick it up, but that would mean more work for them. So, I told them to keep it until they get the part.
I hate it when you order something and you don't get it all or even the wrong thing! Sorry you have to wait a couple more days for your car to be done. Something similar happened to us when we received our American Racing Headers. Darin had the old headers off and attempted to put new ones but they wouldn't didn't fit. It turned out they were for a Pontiac G8. Darin was a little upset. He had to put the old headers back on. It took another week to get the correct headers. But it was worth it!!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #2758
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Darth Emma, I a set of these wheels on a CGM in another post and loved them. Thought of you since your car is Cyber Gray and you are considering getting new wheels. Here is the link:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76732. Scroll on down until you see the grey car.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?