Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #2801
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
IDid you put the adhesive brembo shim back on your front or rear pads\.
Yes, I used the shims and the anti-squeal lube that came with the pads. (And I cleaned the shims with brake cleaner.) Perhaps I just got some dust in there from the track that needs washing off.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #2802
heinzd01

SilverIceMan - Did you see this thread with heritage grill painted silver?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #2803
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I think Kris and I are going to Turfway Downs on May 8th to watch and maybe participate in the SCCA solo event.

Very similar to what went on in Valdosta. I have done it before in my yellow C5.

Watch the video below, thats me several years ago...

View My Video

Anyone interested in joining us?
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #2804
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
Just looked at. Glad that other owner put a better picture on the thread, like JR said, couldn't get a good idea from the zoomed in pics. Do like it, but now I want to see a SIM with an unpainted or all black heritage grill to compare. I'm in no hurry, got other mods to do first, like a short throw shifter. I see a full suspension replacement in the near future too. Could have used those mods on some of the curvy roads I was on yesterday.

Quote:
Wow, that was you? Was that a parking lot you were screaming through? Looks like me trying to get out of a mall lot after a day of forced shopping.
That's crazy, I'd be running over those people standing around. Hmm May 8th. Might have to wait until I get that suspension mod. I see there's one event at KilKare, is it an autocross as well?
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #2805
Dep130
Póg mo thóin!

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM
I'm from Akron driving my very first 2SS/RS IOM Camaro. I AM IN HEAVEN!
Dep130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #2806
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dep130 View Post
Congratulations bring it to our Open House, Pedders Day, Dyno Day, on May 22nd.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #2807
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Welcome to heaven Dep130!

Quote:
I installed my new composite race knob on my MGW shifter today. I like it.
Looks great! I think my black cue ball will look good too. I need to order the gripper knob and ask for the event discount while I still can. That way I'll have one for Show and one for Go.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #2808
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I think Kris and I are going to Turfway Downs on May 8th to watch and maybe participate in the SCCA solo event.

Very similar to what went on in Valdosta. I have done it before in my yellow C5.

View My Video

I could come to watch only as I don't have any steering/suspension mods to try out on this course.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #2809
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

View My Video

I will be on my way to Texas. Most likely in ST Louis for the eve or maybe Springfield MO. Driving to go flip my house between tenants. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Just looked at. Glad that other owner put a better picture on the thread, like JR said, couldn't get a good idea from the zoomed in pics. Do like it, but now I want to see a SIM with an unpainted or all black heritage grill to compare. I'm in no hurry, got other mods to do first, like a short throw shifter. I see a full suspension replacement in the near future too. Could have used those mods on some of the curvy roads I was on yesterday.

Wow, that was you? Was that a parking lot you were screaming through? Looks like me trying to get out of a mall lot after a day of forced shopping.
That's crazy, I'd be running over those people standing around. Hmm May 8th. Might have to wait until I get that suspension mod. I see there's one event at KilKare, is it an autocross as well?
I am in comms with BMR right now to get a deal on sways and I have locked the lowering springs in. I hinted at the toes and arms so we will see if they bite? If not, I will be doing the sway bars and springs, then the trailing arms, toe rods and bushings later. If the price is right, I will buy all now. Suspension mods are in motion.

What's this oil catch can stuff about Heize? Is it necessary?

Quote:
Welcom Dep - Love the ride

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #2810
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Hi Dep! Congrats! Pics please

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #2811
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
I will be on my way to Texas. Most likely in ST Louis for the eve or maybe Springfield MO. Driving to go flip my house between tenants. :(
I'm in Columbia, MO rigth now! Driving back in the Camaro on Saturday!

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #2812
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
How hard is it to put on the heritage grill? If I get one that is already painted, could we install it at one of mod gatherings? There is no way I can take the front bumper off my car by myself.
It's easy! Takes about a hour.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #2813
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
How hard is it to put on the heritage grill? If I get one that is already painted, could we install it at one of mod gatherings? There is no way I can take the front bumper off my car by myself.
It would be easier with at least 2 people. See instructions from the manual in the pics below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ont_Grille.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nt_Fascia1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nt_Fascia2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nt_Fascia3.jpg
Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #2814
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Yes, that was me. I used to do SCCA quite a bit. Its really fun but makes you really want to mod. It is usually done in a parking lot like that. I have seen people slide into the curb. You need to be mindfull of the curbs. People usually stay out of your way. That is the #1 rule, never turn your back on a car.

I am not sure the event at Kilkare will have an autoX event...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?