Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #2815
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I could come to watch only as I don't have any steering/suspension mods to try out on this course.
You dont need any! It just helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
How hard is it to put on the heritage grill? If I get one that is already painted, could we install it at one of mod gatherings? There is no way I can take the front bumper off my car by myself.
Yes, we can.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #2816
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
That's a pretty sweet shifter.

I agree we need to do another mod day...preferably this summer...I need to get the Envoy on a lift or something to check out the suspension...making weird noises over bumps.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #2817
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Shifter is nice. Bring it to the next mod day!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #2818
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
How about a mod day Saturday, June 6?

June 6 is over 6 weeks away to allow us to get additional parts.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #2819
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
How about a mod day Saturday, June 6?

June 6 is over 6 weeks away to allow us to get additional parts.
no. mustang/camaro show in youngstown. dad and i are going.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #2820
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Looks like our mod day will be in July in Rochester, NY. Darin has finally decided when he's going to New Era to get the cam and ported heads installed. He's going to spend about 4 days there dynoing and tuning. However, whenever you guys decide to do another mod day, we will try and come, whether we have any mods to do or not. Too bad it's going to rain this weekend.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #2821
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

May 1 is too soon
May 8 is SCCA day at Turfway
May 15 would be GREAT for me. Kris will be at a bachelorette party!
May 22 I am not sure about
May 29 is no good... Memorial Day weekend
June 6 is no good... Mustang/Camaro show and this is getting to far away. I wont wait that long to install my sways.

My vote goes for May 15th. How is this date?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #2822
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
What's this oil catch can stuff about Heinz? Is it necessary?
Do a search for "catch" in titles only and read the various threads. It seems to be highly recommended to help keep oil out of the intake manifold. Note the pics of how much oil these things have caught from making its way to the intake manifold, it is surprising.

The two most popular brands appear to be from RevXtreme and Elite Enginneering. The RevXtreme is preferred due to its larger size which allows for better capturing of oil. As of posts this week, RevXtreme is working on a better mounting bracket for Camaros. Elite's appears to be a little easier to install but has less capacity.

I'm planning on ordering a RevXtreme after they get their brackets modified. It is available in bare metal, silver, polished, black and carbon. For anyone planning on a supercharger or turbo charger, it may make a difference which model you should get.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #2823
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
May 1 is too soon
May 8 is SCCA day at Turfway
May 15 would be GREAT for me. Kris will be at a bachelorette party!
May 22 I am not sure about
May 29 is no good... Memorial Day weekend
June 6 is no good... Mustang/Camaro show and this is getting to far away. I wont wait that long to install my sways.

My vote goes for May 15th. How is this date?
May 15 works for me.
May 22 is Pedders in Medina.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #2824
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
May 15 works for me.
May 22 is Pedders in Medina.
Maybe once a few more that want mods can chime in on the 15th. I want to install my sway bars and put the Mobil 1 in my rear diff. Since Richmond SCREWED me and claims my failure was not a heat thing, I am not sure now the "2 full quarts" THAT THEY CLAIMED WAS REQUIRED is really necessary or if they are just saying that to pass the buck... Whatever. I know how to get 2 full quarts in, so maybe we will do that too.

I may be in for the oil catch can. Let me know before you order, if its not too much, I am probably in... I still owe you like $50 too. remind me and I will give it to you on mod day!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #2825
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

You may have a funeral that day... as in May 15? isnt that a bit far out?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #2826
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
Maybe once a few more that want mods can chime in on the 15th. I want to install my sway bars and put the Mobil 1 in my rear diff. Since Richmond SCREWED me and claims my failure was not a heat thing, I am not sure now the "2 full quarts" THAT THEY CLAIMED WAS REQUIRED is really necessary or if they are just saying that to pass the buck... Whatever. I know how to get 2 full quarts in, so maybe we will do that too.

I may be in for the oil catch can. Let me know before you order, if its not too much, I am probably in... I still owe you like $50 too. remind me and I will give it to you on mod day!
The rather large lady isnt done singing yet....Shall I go ahead and order your Headers?
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #2827
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
The rather large lady isnt done singing yet....Shall I go ahead and order your Headers?
OH? Well that is promising! we can talk once my dad picks up the Stang and gets on the road. They are headed north stright from the shop to try to beat some of the bad weather.

I got kind of a punch in the crotch at work, nothing bad and 99% of the people I work with would be exstatic to be given the opportunity I have BUT... I do not feel their enthusiasm. I have been given another project that is 60+ miles away from my house. WTF guys! The problem is it may effect my wife and I's commutting arrangements do to the location of the new job... If we have to drive seperate, one of will drive the Honda and the other would have to drive about 60 miles one way in a POS 91 S10 with 250K, a 2006 diesel truck that gets about 19 MPG at $3+ per gallon, the 2010 SS or the 89 IROC which putting 120+ miles a day one either is not going to happen, not to mention the mileage isnt too great on either one....
Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #2828
heinzd01

Quote:

Hopefully something will yet get worked out with Richmond.

How are you supposed to fit more oil in the diff than the stock 1.1 qt? Do you have to put your car on one of those contraptions like BMR had at C5Fest that tilts the whole car on its side?

I had changed my diff oil before C5Fest. I squeezed it in until it started pouring out which ended up being at 1.1 qts.

Quote:
I have been given another project that is 60+ miles away from my house.
When are the ruts on 35 in Beavercreek going to get fixed? Is this your project? Sounds like the S10 is the way to go.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?