Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-10-2023, 08:44 AM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Camaro nameplate should die with the 6gen end of production! Maybe an EV version will be built or maybe not! I don’t care either way.
Old 08-10-2023, 08:50 AM   #16
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Honestly why would GM use the Camaro nameplate going forward with an EV? Hasn't GM stopped production of the Camaro because of the slumping sales? Why would they want to use the nameplate of a car that is synonymous with low sales? They are sending off the low sales Camaro with a half assed effort CE. Why would they think... hey, we should build an EV and put the Camaro nameplate on it. You know how well that car sold before. (We had to kill it twice because it sold so great) </sarcasm>
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 09:00 AM   #17
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Oh you mean like every other generation that came before them? Welcome to adult hood, the younger generation are not the first, and won't be the last. It is called the American Dream. Rich get richer, poor get poorer and the middle class disappears.
LOL. I'm 60, a boomer. The middle class wasn't disappearing in the 80s, it was doing just fine.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 09:15 AM   #18
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Oh you mean like every other generation that came before them? Welcome to adult hood, the younger generation are not the first, and won't be the last. It is called the American Dream. Rich get richer, poor get poorer and the middle class disappears.
So then by your own explanation it's harder for the younger generation of today to be successful. If the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and the middle class keeps eroding, then by your own explanation it's harder to be a successful younger person today then it was when I was young. (I'm Gen X). So no... it's not "Welcome to adult hood"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
LOL. I'm 60, a boomer. The middle class wasn't disappearing in the 80s, it was doing just fine.
It was easier to earn a living and be successful when I was younger (Gen X), then it is today for the younger generation.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:17 AM   #19
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Quote:
I'm in my 50's and completely agree with you. I remember just 20 years ago you could get a brand new vehicle in the $20K-$30K range all day long. You could buy a brand new home for under $200K. Most middle class Americans could afford that. Now the average cost of a new car, most of which are junk, is in the $40K-$45K range. Never mind these idiotic EV's pushed by the climate alarmists at $60K plus. No wonder they are sitting on dealer lots. No one wants that crap when we have a proven, reliable ICE vehicles. Let's see if people finally wake up in 2024 and get rid of the clown in the White House.
MT-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 09:29 AM   #20
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Just be glad you’re not a young person starting out in today’s economy. You’re being priced out of new cars and new homes.

People who used to be in the market for starter homes are now hoping they can afford a double wide trailer. People who used to be in market for an entry level new car now hope they can afford a decent used car.

Follow that path and you realize people who in the past were in the market for a trailer or used car now can’t afford either.

This is not an accident.
Makes me glad I've made my bones and am on the back side of the hill.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 09:53 AM   #21
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Don View Post
GM should let the Camaro name die in peace. It should never be associated with an EV. It would be an insult to all of the great ICE Camaros. GM should find a new name.
Tell that to Ford, with Mustang Mach Es piling up on dealer lots…
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 10:34 AM   #22
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I agree 100% with everyone's thoughts on the Camaro name. Rather than GM milking the name out, by putting it on something that it is not... the name should die with the death of the REAL Camaro.

MY24 will likely be the LAST EVER true Camaro.

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 10:46 AM   #23
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I don’t think Camaro EV will be coming anytime soon. I don’t know if they want Ford to be in a segment all by itself for possibly 2 generations. Corvette is in a completely different league.

Only reason I say that is, they invested money into these new VSS platforms. Idk I feel like there’s a reason GM is being silent.

EPA regulations will determine what happens to the Camaro is my belief.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:10 AM   #24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The only "challenge" most on this site will face with a 7th Gen EV Camaro will be to try and not throw up.

A 7th Gen EV Camaro may provide some vicarious entertainment (as it probably is now as well) for someone who believes the 6th Gen to have been a design failure and a "total catastrophe"...

Other than that a "challenge" of any kind is meaningless.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #25
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Whatever the VSS-R platform becomes I’d like to think they’d have a coupe for it. The presentation while back GM did with their one of their electrification announcements had outlines of all their electric/planned electric cars and one that matched the Camaro sillouette so that’s my only hope

All of the VSS platforms, save for a few VSS-F examples, will never make it past the “vaporware” stage.

If I'm recalling accurately, please correct me if my info is dated/incorrect, gm, is moving most of it's new offerings to BEV3 and BT1 platforms in the near future.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:20 AM   #26
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
I am sick of people telling me what I am supposed to like in order to fit in.
Camaro is an ICE brand.
triggerjerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:23 AM   #27
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The only "challenge" most on this site will face with a 7th Gen EV Camaro will be to try and not throw up.

A 7th Gen EV Camaro may provide some vicarious entertainment (as it probably is now as well) for someone who believes the 6th Gen to have been a design failure and a "total catastrophe"...

Other than that a "challenge" of any kind is meaningless.
Hmmm... I can't quite figure out who you are talking about...
Old 08-10-2023, 11:50 AM   #28
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
I'm in my 50's and completely agree with you. I remember just 20 years ago you could get a brand new vehicle in the $20K-$30K range all day long. You could buy a brand new home for under $200K. Most middle class Americans could afford that. Now the average cost of a new car, most of which are junk, is in the $40K-$45K range. Never mind these idiotic EV's pushed by the climate alarmists at $60K plus. No wonder they are sitting on dealer lots. No one wants that crap when we have a proven, reliable ICE vehicles. Let's see if people finally wake up in 2024 and get rid of the clown in the White House.
Hard to say "no one wants that crap" when Tesla is the #1 selling vehicle in the US. LOL
Also, If the US disappeared tomorrow, the rest of the world would still be going EV...
Just a thought. Having said that, Looking for my next Camaro.. A ZL1...:-)
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote