Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
diddiyo

Drives: .
Thumbs down street racing bmw/bentley = another tragedy

http://jalopnik.com/5296876/bmw-halv...t-racing-crash

Quote:
Eyewitnesses in Orange County, Florida report seeing 23-year-old Jessica Hazelrigg weaving in and out of traffic at very high speed, racing against her Bentley-driving boyfriend when she lost control and crashed into trees, the impact was so violent the car was split in two pieces.
no comment here as well.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
MONEY
Black 2ss/rs Mid-August

Drives: 1999 Silverado, 1978 Corvette
Very sad. But I have to say, It's idiots that do shit like this in heavy traffic and in bad driving conditions that make it so hard for all of us that just want a clean street race! They make the "law makers" make more laws and harsher punishments because of the idiots that don't know how to drive! Just my 2 cents!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Very sad. But I have to say, It's idiots that do shit like this in heavy traffic and in bad driving conditions that make it so hard for all of us that just want a clean street race! They make the "law makers" make more laws and harsher punishments because of the idiots that don't know how to drive! Just my 2 cents!
no offense to you personally, but quite honestly, for me there's no difference between an "idiot street racer" and a "clean street racer"...
Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
no offense to you personally, but quite honestly, for me there's no difference between an "idiot street racer" and a "clean street racer"...
AMEN!!!

Take 'em to the track if you gotta do the racing thing.

Good grief this junk, piles up like logs for a campfire.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Natural selection hard at work.....
Old 06-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
MONEY
Black 2ss/rs Mid-August

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post

Take 'em to the track if you gotta do the racing thing.
so if a guy in a stang revs his engine at you at a red light, your going to roll down your window and tell him "gee, buddy I'd love to race your car next weekend at the track, hope you go!" ?!?
Old 06-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
CDBiker220

Drives: 98 camaro z28
I dont understand why everyone associates street racing with racing next to innocent people and endangering lives. Ive done a ton of street racing, always on a vacant country road, or roads behind factories, or dead stretchs of roads. Never around people, and ive never seen someone wreak or get hurt. Just as likely to wreak at a track if your not a dumbass. Ive seen many more people wreak just from going fast and inexperience, not even racing. The people that wreck in accidents like this arnt racers or even car people, their just dumb people who dont know how to drive and think they can.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
so if a guy in a stang revs his engine at you at a red light, your going to roll down your window and tell him "gee, buddy I'd love to race your car next weekend at the track, hope you go!" ?!?
Sorry to say but probably.

Yeah, I have chirped the tires at the stoplight, but never have and never will participate in Street Racing.

If I wanted to race, it would have been at the track.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
MONEY
Black 2ss/rs Mid-August

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDBiker220 View Post
I dont understand why everyone associates street racing with racing next to innocent people and endangering lives. Ive done a ton of street racing, always on a vacant country road, or roads behind factories, or dead stretchs of roads. Never around people, and ive never seen someone wreak or get hurt. Just as likely to wreak at a track if your not a dumbass. Ive seen many more people wreak just from going fast and inexperience, not even racing. The people that wreck in accidents like this arnt racers or even car people, their just dumb people who dont know how to drive and think they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
but never have and never will participate in Street Racing.
I belive you.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #10
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
Just imagine what her stupid boy friend feels like now. Sh#t
Old 06-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Street racing is against the law.

Camaro5 Does Not Endorse Illegal Street Racing Of Any Kind.

Closed.
Closed Thread