Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #85
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
So I take it no one has any vacation time? Not one day? If it is this serious a problem for you guys then take the day off. Do you really expect GM to take a drag race w/ a v6 car as evidence.. Although "I" believe the evidence of that, GM certainly won`t.

A dyno is the only measurable way to verify horsepower output. Why wouldn`t they take that as evidence? If they won`t, you can bet your rear end a Judge would, if you ever had to go into court regarding this matter. Even considering a maximum of 20% driveline loss the car should put 320rwhp to the tire. I don`t know of any others cars to my recollection that are worse than 20% from flywheel to tire on a dynojet (edit: there may be some but I`m not aware of every car ever produced). So a car say putting down say 310rwhp is still within reason, its just a dud, needs more breakin, ect... But considering its slower than the v6 I would assume it would dyno in the low 200`s, an obvious issue that not even GM could ignore or explain away.

As far as reading the threads, I read them to see things like what was the problem, what was the solution, what was the dynograph at, what ET and mph and conditions were on the track run ect.. I for one would like to know what the problem is. So there ya go..
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #86
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
My bad, you're totally correct on that one

Anyways....any updates?, or are we all waiting until Tuesday to hear anything?
Would not matter anyway. It will already run open loop at WOT. Closed loop is for cruising. At WOT the computer will go into open loop mode and read from the tables.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #87
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I have to agree, if it is as serious as everone says and the dealer couldn't find a problem I'd get it dyn'd so I had hard evidence. Have the dealer reimburse you if it finds the problem.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #88
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
So I take it no one has any vacation time? Not one day? If it is this serious a problem for you guys then take the day off. Do you really expect GM to take a drag race w/ a v6 car as evidence.. Although "I" believe the evidence of that, GM certainly won`t.

A dyno is the only measurable way to verify horsepower output. Why wouldn`t they take that as evidence? If they won`t, you can bet your rear end a Judge would, if you ever had to go into court regarding this matter. Even considering a maximum of 20% driveline loss the car should put 320rwhp to the tire. I don`t know of any others cars to my recollection that are worse than 20% from flywheel to tire on a dynojet (edit: there may be some but I`m not aware of every car ever produced). So a car say putting down say 310rwhp is still within reason, its just a dud, needs more breakin, ect... But considering its slower than the v6 I would assume it would dyno in the low 200`s, an obvious issue that not even GM could ignore or explain away.

As far as reading the threads, I read them to see things like what was the problem, what was the solution, what was the dynograph at, what ET and mph and conditions were on the track run ect.. I for one would like to know what the problem is. So there ya go..
Again. Answer is NO. I can't really take a day off. It SUCKS sometimes but my business has not skipped a beat in the economy. Difference is........... I have to work more. you must work for someone else. You can go to work and wait til quitting time and go home and just forget about and not worry about work. I can't.

GM has been on 'holliday' for the past couple weeks. Scotts dealer acknowleges a problem but can't do much til they talk to GM. I AM curious what my HP to the wheels is. Regaurdless if there is a problem or not. And I have the money to test it. But I don't like spending money. This puts it lower on the priority list, though still ON the list. I'm not sure there IS a problem with my car. Sure Bonnies IS350 beat my ass. Sure my first 0-60s showed about 6.2 but it may have been a computer 'learning' thing. And an IS350 is NOT a slow car. It can beat a GT.

I want to know what it's doing sure but there are more important things for me right now. You have not heard me complain about it or blame anyone for it. I'm disapointed right now because it's raining. Nobodies fault. I was disapointed when Bonnies car beat me. Nobodies fault. I'll get it squared away but I need time. Sorry if that is such a bummer for you. Really I am.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #89
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I have to agree, if it is as serious as everone says and the dealer couldn't find a problem I'd get it dyn'd so I had hard evidence. Have the dealer reimburse you if it finds the problem.
The dealers are waiting for word from GM. I'm not gonna get too impatient. I can let it run it's course.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #90
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Go bring a a dyno to my house and I will run on it. I am sorry but I am working almost 80 hour weeks plus taking care of 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats a rabbit and trying to keep my wife happy. My dealer is 4 blocks from my house and they should fix my car without me having to miss work to go drive 2-3 hours away to do a dyno test.

CAR WAS BEAT BY THE DEALER IN A 2LT WITH OVER 500 POUNDS OF PASSANGERS!! Get it the car is frackin sick!!
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #91
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Go bring a a dyno to my house and I will run on it. I am sorry but I am working almost 80 hour weeks plus taking care of 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats a rabbit and trying to keep my wife happy. My dealer is 4 blocks from my house and they should fix my car without me having to miss work to go drive 2-3 hours away to do a dyno test.

CAR WAS BEAT BY THE DEALER IN A 2LT WITH OVER 500 POUNDS OF PASSANGERS!! Get it the car is frackin sick!!
Scott if you need some help I could take the Camaro off your hands and get it fixed for ya!
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:13 AM   #92
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
I "get" that, never said otherwise. In fact if you read my post I say exactly that, that "I" beleive you guys , but GM`s not going to w/ out proof.

I have a buddy w/ an 09 Solstice GXP, he bought the GMPP stage 1 upgrade for the turbo, I think it claims like 30fwhp and 60fwtq , Car went on a dyno before stage 1 and after, it gained 1 rwhp and 3rwtq.....Obviously not as advertised, w/ out the dyno GM would have done nothing, as no codes are set and another GM dealer verified instalation is correct. As it is,he has the ear of somebody in the engineering dept at GM that worked on this kit and they are trying to figure it out. W/ out the dyno before and after which he provided them, do you think he would be where he is now? I think not.

I understand you have a busy family and work life. I do as well, I have 2 kids, wife, work 50 hours a week, but I have always beleived where there`s a will there is a way. I`m sure there is someone on this board who lives near you and would be willing to take it to a dyno for you, or a close friend or something. If I lived near you I would burn 1 of my vacation days and do this for you. Why? Because I would like to help you and realize your situation and the situation w/ your daughter. Again, I just think there is a way possible to do this if you really wanted to do it. If not I apologize.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #93
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
I feel ya Scott I wish I can say I understand what you are going through but I cant to bad a sick car isnt the only thing you have to worry about in life.
I know you are a busy man but after dealing with a dealership pleanty of times I dont care if you lose to a pinto with two 300lb men in the front seat until they see a print out of numbers they can't send proof to GM and have anything done.

When you go in to have a car worked on they scan the pcm and send the info to gm..then gm tells them if the cars computer has been tampered with and if is it still under warranty.

if it gets you up and down the road from point A to point B until they have proofs in paper they are going to say.......yada yada yada we need proof hang in there the car learns as it gets older and soon or later you will get your car you wanted. If your dealership was as loyal to you as Classic Chevrolet is to Us here in Texas they would take your car and go have it dynoed rather than tell you to.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #94
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

The rabbit is your fault.

Rabbit stew may be in order.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #95
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
To chime in on this, I think the posters here need to have their issues resolved by the dealer. If I bought my stang brand new, I mean it just rolled of the line, and its not even close to performing correctly...then the dealer needs to take care of it. Period. Perhaps the dealer should give these guys a rental, why THEY take the car to a dyno and do the testes needed.

No way in hell a customer should have to shell out their own cash to get a DYNO done on a car that's what......2~3 months old ??? Hell the camaro overall do not even have a year under it's belt yet.....Dyno tunes and time and cost $$, unless you have one in your backyard...I know the ones here in S.FLA easily can cost you 70~100$ a run. Tuning 300~450.

I'm sorry...no way in hell should that fall on the paying customer. Its just not right.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #96
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
To chime in on this, I think the posters here need to have their issues resolved by the dealer. If I bought my stang brand new, I mean it just rolled of the line, and its not even close to performing correctly...then the dealer needs to take care of it. Period. Perhaps the dealer should give these guys a rental, why THEY take the car to a dyno and do the testes needed.

No way in hell a customer should have to shell out their own cash to get a DYNO done on a car that's what......2~3 months old ??? Hell the camaro overall do not even have a year under it's belt yet.....Dyno tunes and time and cost $$, unless you have one in your backyard...I know the ones here in S.FLA easily can cost you 70~100$ a run. Tuning 300~450.

I'm sorry...no way in hell should that fall on the paying customer. Its just not right.

Hopefully the dealer will be able to resolve the problem.

But if it was my car, as soon as I got it back from the dealer I would be taking it to a dyno to make sure its making the advertised power its suppose to be making.
Unless the car just hauls axx and its obvious its making the advertised hp it should be making.

And he only needs 1 run on a dyno for a baseline. That could be done on many dyno's across the country for $50.0
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #97
PQ
Booooosted.

:upset: I'm having a helluva time just FINDING one here in Mobile AL area. Been trying all morning. I have a few racing clients I'm trying to get ahold of. If I can find one fairly close, I'm gonna nip this shit in the bud. It'll have to be really close though. No more than 30 minutes. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #98
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
GM is going to have the dealer put a recorder on the car in the next week or so and we are going from there.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote