Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
I just realized there was a link to the Nexus diamonds. My bad...

But the moissanite is another option...for even less...I'm looking at this option because my wife wants a very nice ($$$$) setting and we can't get the new rock at the same time. we'll put amoissinaite stonen it and rplace it with a real rock in the future...
DNL also sells LOOSE stones as well....then have them set in your setting.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Now for the dilemma.

Do I pick it out and surprise her? And do I tell her it's synthetic? I HAVE to tell her because I don't have the $ for that bling.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
One thing with women and diamonds, you are screwed either way if you get her the fake one. If you tell her she will be upset. Maybe not go off on you, but inside she will be burning. If you don't tell her she will find out. A lot of women run right off to the jeweler after getting a nice rock to get it appraised to insure it or just to be nosey.
Most of all she will resent your car everyday because that is the thing keeping her from getting what she really wanted.

Remember, Diamonds are a womens hot rod. Would you cheap out on your camaro?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by the upcoming View Post
Or that it's redicilus to spend 1100$ on something that's less than 14 grams
For $1100 should be able to get a lb of something good
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #19
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
One thing with women and diamonds, you are screwed either way if you get her the fake one. If you tell her she will be upset. Maybe not go off on you, but inside she will be burning. If you don't tell her she will find out. A lot of women run right off to the jeweler after getting a nice rock to get it appraised to insure it or just to be nosey.
Most of all she will resent your car everyday because that is the thing keeping her from getting what she really wanted.

Remember, Diamonds are a womens hot rod. Would you cheap out on your camaro?
I’ve only bought 1 real one for a woman and I can say being real the special part is how it was made millions of years ago deep in the ground and all it went through to get here as it was hers all along.

Destiny n crap……….. [Though I only spent $300 for a nice diamond necklaces.]
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I never cheap out when it comes to getting my wife jewelry. I look at it this way. If I keep her happy be getting her the things she really wants, then I won't catch any crap for spending the money on the things I want. We've been happily married for a very long time.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #21
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Doesn't seem that complicated to me.

If she is OK with a synthetic, fine do it, if not plan B needs to be developed.

I starts with being honest with her just as you would want her to be honest with you. If ya can't do that, then re-evaluate the whole relationship because it isn't going to work in the long run!

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #22
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post

Of course you won't mind when she puts 87 octane in the SS so she can spend the extra on a starbucks, will you?
Then, to save you even more time and money, she'll run it through the "Scrub n Rub" car wash because it was waaaaay cheaper and faster than the hand wash.

Yeah - uh... I hope she doesn't read this either. It's not whether it's a fake rock or a real rock, it's that you're trying to cut corners on her instead of the Camaro.
Good luck with that, my friend!

SHINANIGANS!!!

It's not cutting corners, it's being smart. I'm 99% sure my wife would be thrilled to get a man-made diamond and go on a sweet honeymoon rather than getting a "real" smaller rock. She loved the small diamond I got her 10 years ago.

And like I said, I don't have $5k+ right now for jewelry.

P.S. She would never put 87 octane in my SS because women aren't allowed to drive my Camaro!

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #23
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
..just make sure your wife is not reading this thread..
for $500 i wont send this to her
Old 03-09-2011, 02:47 AM   #24
BlissStreet
High Plains Drifter

Drives: Captiva 3.2, Aveo 1.6
For another view point:

Diamonds are actually very common in nature, and the market is entirely inflated by De Beers. Other gemstones, while not priced the same, are actually by far more rare. Why be the same as everyone else and get a diamond, when there are more beautiful stones out there at better prices? There are tones of beautiful stones to choose from.

I'd think that a custom made piece with high quality garnets, or black pearls would be cheaper and mean more to her then a man made diamond.

Just something to think about.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:05 AM   #25
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
My wife does know and actually suggested it because she loves the bling of a larger stone but agrees that the cost of a stone like that is rediculous. Eventuall, she will get that big rock...

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 AM   #26
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
As long as you don't try to pass a CZ for the real thing. It WILL come back to bite you in ths a$$.
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #27
RatRacer

Drives: 11 Synergy Green LS 15 Colorado Z71
If your wife knows the value of a dollar in this economy and your current financial situation emphasizes it, go for the Nexus stone first. But, if you want preapproval to be on the safe side, present it in its completed form of the stone in your setting before divulging details on the cost and materials.
My reasoning:
I bought my bookkeeper wife a 1ct heart cz in a unique, really cool looking stainless steel set ring for $25, and she can't take it off and gets complimented on it all the time. More than the $2k ¼ct, 24k gold ring I bought her. And she says she likes it more because she can wear it everyday and not worry about losing/damaging it nearly as much, and because the whole package looks really good. She'd rather see it as a daily reminder, over one pulled out once in a while for other ocassions.
She says it's more about the sentiment behind it, than the cost and materials. But she also thinks cut flowers are a waste of money.

Good luck on your decision
RatRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #28
Stokii

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
JKLNHYD, what Diamon Nexus Lab makes is NOT Moissanite....which is inferior to their products.....what Nexus Labs makes is so incredibly close to natural diamonds.....its is nearly impossible for even an experianced jeweler to see. I happen to have a good friend who happens to be a high end jeweler....he told me HE would buy their jewelery.

here is the difference......http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/compare_to_cz.php

Campare a REAL Diamond.....to a Diamond Nexus Lab diamond.... http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/chart_comparison.php

and this is how DNL's are created... http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/science1.php

Hemlawk, I did a LOT of research a while back on this very subject....
How does it differ from such lab created diamonds https://ecodiamond.com/engagement-rings ?
Stokii is offline   Reply With Quote