Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-23-2017, 07:02 AM   #1
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Solo performance mach X !!!love it !!!thanks Jeff @solo & mid life RS !!!

Hey guys ,just wanted to share some feedback .feel free to chime in .!!! So I recently had purchased the solo performance catback exhaust and had it installed like 3 days ago . I did call Jeff over at solo performance with a few questions and lemme tell ya ..HE WAS SUPER NICE , calmly answered all my questions , and even gave me some tips. He had said I would love the system and lemme tell ya "I DO " ..IT SOUNDS AMAZING . ZERO DRONE !!!! I WOULD recommend this to anyone without any reservations. .and if you have any questions reach over to Jeff at solo performance .!!!
Old 10-23-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
If you think that's great, save up your money and install the Solo hi-flo cats. Doubles the performance and lowers the exhaust tone too.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
If you think that's great, save up your money and install the Solo hi-flo cats. Doubles the performance and lowers the exhaust tone too.
Yeah . That's the next step in the process !! Just waiting on my warranty to expire though . Still have like a year and half to go . Will get a tune as well once the high flow cats are installed . Currently in the process of buying the vitesse throttle controller . Am hearing a lot of rave reviews! ! So excited . I already love the way the car rides with just the K&N cold air intake , catback exhaust .can't wait to do do some real mods to the car and really feel the difference !!
Old 10-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #4
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Thanks man. I was looking at your build thread .and it's nothing short of AMAZING considering all the work you have done on your car ..
Old 10-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
MidLife RS:)

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th
I am really glad you are happy with it!!!
MidLife RS:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #6
stlsv6

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls
Quote:
I was thinking about that as well, but heard that hi flo cats will void the warranty on the ls, will getting a tune solve this issue? I have the solo catback on my wife's 12 ls and she loves it, sounds amazing.
stlsv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:23 AM   #7
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsv6 View Post
I was thinking about that as well, but heard that hi flo cats will void the warranty on the ls, will getting a tune solve this issue? I have the solo catback on my wife's 12 ls and she loves it, sounds amazing.
If you're worried about the warranty then it would be wise to wait until the warranty has expired before touching the cats and engine stuff. Getting a tune will most surely void the warranty.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #8
stlsv6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
If you're worried about the warranty then it would be wise to wait until the warranty has expired before touching the cats and engine stuff. Getting a tune will most surely void the warranty.
Thanks for the information
Old 11-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #9
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
The Solo high flow cats don't need a tune - that's their marketability. I had them for 50k miles before I switched to catless. They free up a lot of power but the extra resonators made the exhaust too smooth for my taste. They'd be a great upgrade for you though.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:10 AM   #10
stlsv6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
The Solo high flow cats don't need a tune - that's their marketability. I had them for 50k miles before I switched to catless. They free up a lot of power but the extra resonators made the exhaust too smooth for my taste. They'd be a great upgrade for you though.
So in theory, they don't need to be tuned, ok, what about voiding the warranty on the ls? thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #11
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
They will void the warranty for the exhaust only, It really depends on how much of a dick your dealer wants to be. Mine installed many mods without a peep. Others have been screwed for a catch can.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote