Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #57
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wer2foxs View Post
I will post this on the Indy thread to get some interest up in Hoosier land. There are people wanting to meet as well when it gets warm again.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53232
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #58
Hanzo

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS LS3
Anywhere works for me. I appreciate you sorting everything out and putting it together!
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but The Shops at College Hills by Von Maur/Target could be another option. They usually have a cruise night there once month in the summer.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #59
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Anywhere works for me. I appreciate you sorting everything out and putting it together!
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but The Shops at College Hills by Von Maur/Target could be another option. They usually have a cruise night there once month in the summer.
REALLY!? I didn't know that! The only problem I see with that, is that those lots are usually pretty full, especially on Saturdays... But I can look into that also if the others don't work out. I have been down here, going on my third year, and didn't know that! Well, I do leave for the summers, so.... That could explain it!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #60
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Hey Dave thanks for the research. They all look good. I liked the idea of being at the Von Maur / Target and maybe meet up eith other cruisers. It sounds like fun.
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #61
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wer2foxs View Post
Hey Dave thanks for the research. They all look good. I liked the idea of being at the Von Maur / Target and maybe meet up eith other cruisers. It sounds like fun.
Yea, I know NOTHING about that though... And if its not before mid-May, I won't be able to make or organize it. I will be back in FL by then...

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #62
Hanzo

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS LS3
Here is a link to the Twin City Cruisers. http://twincitycruisers.com
I never been to any of the events but was told about it by another Camaro owner. Another thing is that these events look to be nonalcoholic. I'm sure no public lot will allow alcohol for those looking fro a couple brews at the event.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #63
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Here is a link to the Twin City Cruisers. http://twincitycruisers.com
I never been to any of the events but was told about it by another Camaro owner. Another thing is that these events look to be nonalcoholic. I'm sure no public lot will allow alcohol for those looking fro a couple brews at the event.
Thanks for the link!

If the schedule matches up with this years, it will be Ford night around the time ours will be. I also plan for it to be late afternoon/early evening so everyone has ample time to get here and still have decent day light... But we could always cruise from where-ever we end up having it over there and just 'show up' if its on the same day!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #64
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
I know the guy that owns Winners Tavern located downtwon and he has a parking lot right across from the bar. I bet it would hold 50 cars. Doubt you would have more cars than that.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #65
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie1978 View Post
I know the guy that owns Winners Tavern located downtwon and he has a parking lot right across from the bar. I bet it would hold 50 cars. Doubt you would have more cars than that.
HMMMMMM....That could work!!! I will get back to you after the Parking and Transportation office gets back to me!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #66
BOETIE

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
HMMMMMM....That could work!!! I will get back to you after the Parking and Transportation office gets back to me!
Thanks for all your hard work Dave,you are trying your ass off to make this work !!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #67
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOETIE View Post
Thanks for all your hard work Dave,you are trying your ass off to make this work !!
DUDE, YES I AM!

And YOU ARE WELCOME!

Thanks for the support!

I ABSOLUTLEY this car, and since I can't own one myself yet, I figure I could bring a BUNCH TOGETHER!!! LOL

Old 12-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #68
milesss

Drives: 2010 hurst, 2-69s, 65 vette
count me in also.
milesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #69
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

**UPDATE**

The Parking and Transportation Office just got a hold of me and suggested I speak with the Alumni Office in regards to hosting the event on school property. She also mentioned that they would be the ones to answer the question on alcohol, as well as being in contact with Parking and Transportation, and helping to sponsor the event. I will be calling the office here after I eat, food just got done, and try setting up a meeting to discuss our concerns. I'd rather speak with someone in person than over the phone, not a big phone talker...

edit: so I went to their office instead. It was just before closing time, so they gave me their cards and said to email/call them next week, so I got back and emailed them before I forgot. Will see how it goes..

Last edited by Dave_O; 12-04-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #70
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Maybe a list of Alumni would help? Put me down!
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bloomington-normal il, camaro, meet